The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: USCM Completion help!
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:49 pm 

Hello all,

I joined this group a while ago but then sort of dropped off the radar due to getting sidetracked onto another costume.

Anyway, with the NSC coming up, I decided to make that the deadline to complete, so I've got back on track.
While I'm painting and colloecting, theres a couple of bits I'm missing that I need some help with.

1 - pouches - I know in the UKG Alex sorted out a bunch, but I wondered if anyone else has done a run, or even know where I can get hold of the bits to make them?

2 - Helmet band - can anyone tell me what they are called so I can get hold of them?

3 - the dreaded VN boots! So far I've got hold of two pairs, but they both turned out to be 9 narrow and I have quite wide size 9's.

As far as the rest goes - I aim to have it all ready by next weekend (if not before) - I'm mostly painted - just graffiti and weathering, plus the 'extras' to paint and I'm to be bug stomping!

Thanks!

Jon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:56 pm 

As far as pouches go you can really use any that you like. Just go to any old surplus store and pick up some OD ones. Or you can buy some white material, dye it Olive Drab and make the pouches yourselves. Any fabric store should have what you need.

For the helmet band, I think some people use "scrim bands" which you can find in surplus shops again. For mine I used the elasticated parts from a British Helmet Liner. I was given that advice by someone but cant think who now. It is a better match width wise than the scrim bands.

As for Boots, I would suggest just keep checking Ebay.

Cheers

darren

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:05 pm 
Ready to Rock & Roll!

Service Number: A08/TQ2.0.72136E1
Welcome back Marine. :)

1. Pouches are usually sourced from loads of places, so I wouldn't worry too much, unless you're only after SU stuff? Mine come from a gun holster pack (tiny pouch) and a med kit (large pocketed pouch), both OD.

2. I just used a length of black elastic, joined by a pop rivet.

Here's how it looks:

3. Again, if you're after SU boots, just keep looking around on auction sites, although on a recent post the other day, someone had found a UK supplier of really cheap ones.

Double edit: Here's phil talking about the boots:
http://forum.alienslegacy.com/viewtopic ... 2684#32684

Edit: Beaten to it. :D

"I'd like to die at the age of 80 in my own bed, with a belly full of wine and a girl's mouth around my c**k."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:20 pm 
Arrrrrggghhh!....SARGE!....I love you!!

'Boot'iful PM on it's way Jon!

Phil.

Arrrrrggghhh!.......SARGE!....I love youuuu.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:31 pm 
Diplomatic Immunity

Service Number: A09/TQ2.0.13371E1
For the record, the correct band from what I have managed to work out to use on the Aliens helmets is the standard American M43 scrim net elasticated band, issued for US M1 helmets during and after 1944 as part of the M43 combat uniform.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:35 pm 

Cheers guys - all helping!

Jon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:46 am 
He's just a grunt...

Service Number: A04/TQ1.0.62147E1
Fal Bowden wrote:
For the record, the correct band from what I have managed to work out to use on the Aliens helmets is the standard American M43 scrim net elasticated band, issued for US M1 helmets during and after 1944 as part of the M43 combat uniform.

Yep..and I found a bunch of khaki coloered ones at the Army Navy store last week...

Derek

RIP Pvt. Chris Chulamanis A14/TQ4.0.66993E7 You are missed.