The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: Adam Savage/Tested building USCM armour
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:36 pm 
Harvester of Sorrow

Service Number: A04/TQ1.0.32156E1
As title:

https://youtu.be/tuXbGWRD17k

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:30 pm 

WHOA! awesome!! never thought I'd see this happen.

Post subject: Re: Adam Savage/Tested building USCM armour
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:04 pm 
Expendable

Service Number: A05/TQ0.0.52155E1
very cool! did he state whose armor kit that was?

AL Colonial Admin. - Commanding Officer (CO) -- 2020-2021

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:32 pm 

It's definitely TE armor, but he didnt say so. Or did you mean who own the kit?
apparently theres gonna be a full edited video of the build at some point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:01 pm 
THAT guy

Service Number: A03/TQ2.0.02146E1
He did say he had to make the fiberglass look aluminum, and you could see the TE imprint on the tail pad, so that must be one of the TE/Chef "official casts" that was posted to TEs Facebook a while back.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:31 pm 
Marine Raider

Service Number: A05/TQ2.0.92155E1
bigbisont wrote:
He did say he had to make the fiberglass look aluminum, and you could see the TE imprint on the tail pad, so that must be one of the TE/Chef "official casts" that was posted to TEs Facebook a while back.

Or recast fiberglass nickatron TE colonial marine armor.
I messaged chef on June 1st and he said they haven’t started on that yet. (I’m on the list for a set) it’s not fiberglass but plastic abs. And he also said he wouldn’t do kits because he wanted to limit the potential threat of recasting.

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:52 am 
THAT guy

Bacta Baby wrote:
bigbisont wrote:

Or recast fiberglass nickatron TE colonial marine armor.
I messaged chef on June 1st and he said they haven’t started on that yet. (I’m on the list for a set) it’s not fiberglass but plastic abs. And he also said he wouldn’t do kits because he wanted to limit the potential threat of recasting.

That's surprising since he actually has done an episode with Terry English for authentic Excalibur armour. I can't imagine he would have to resort to recasts. He had an 'in' with the man himself. Maybe a special one-off?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:16 am 
Marine Raider

I’m not saying Adam is recasting. I’m talking about the armor. I can see the TE mark but the armor is fiberglass. The only TE fiberglass armor out there (a few years ago) was from Nickatron who recasted his own TE armor and sold some kits. I have one. Adam probably got it second hand or directly from Nick a while back? Like I said from messaging chef for a update on the plastic TE armor, this is what he said to me.

Chef:
Morning.

We've not got round to completing that project yet.
Too busy with other stuff.

When we catch up, we'll get you sorted out.

We will probably only do fully built sets, only to deter the recasters a bit.

Edit** this is to my knowledge, and I may be wrong but chef has never done fiberglass kits? He’s always done plastic kits. I owned a bunch of his stuff over the years.

Another edit lol* I just checked my recast Nickatron fiberglass armor and it doesn’t have his marking on the tail plate. So I don’t think it can be it? I wonder where that armor came from. I’ll message Rob and see if I can get more info.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:17 am 

This thread is gonna be a doozie. That armor did look hefty, could have been one of those chef/Te fiberglass kits. I bet we will find out when the final video is released. I sure do wish the video had some more enthusiasm. It looked like he was doing someone a favor by making it. That bright green, ewwww.
Imagine if anybody ever consulted the members of this board first. wont ever happen. ha!
Bacta, to my knowledge Nickatron only made the one kit for himself and never intended to have to sell it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:45 pm 

Service Number: A05/TQ2.0.32141E1
seven wrote:
This thread is gonna be a doozie. That armor did look hefty, could have been one of those chef/Te fiberglass kits. I bet we will find out when the final video is released. I sure do wish the video had some more enthusiasm. It looked like he was doing someone a favor by making it. That bright green, ewwww.
Imagine if anybody ever consulted the members of this board first. wont ever happen. ha!
Bacta, to my knowledge Nickatron only made the one kit for himself and never intended to have to sell it.

There are probably NDAs involved in things. I lay odds adam savage was careful to not set false expectations on things. I would also say he is painfully aware of the recasting issues on things.

But I would also say that adam savage may end up releasing exacting measurements on how to do it yourself.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:59 pm 
Marine Raider

seven wrote:

Thanks seven!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:05 pm 
THAT guy

I totally believe you and am with you Bacta. I was just saying I don't think a man of Adam Savage's means and connections would even need to dig up 20 year old recast sets. I'm still thinking this is classic 'celebrity special treatment' fully endorsed/enabled by Terry (or more likely his team). In the end, I am sure the final video will reveal all secrets.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:24 pm 
Marine Raider

bigbisont wrote:
I totally believe you and am with you Bacta. I was just saying I don't think a man of Adam Savage's means and connections would even need to dig up 20 year old recast sets. I'm still thinking this is classic 'celebrity special treatment' fully endorsed/enabled by Terry (or more likely his team). In the end, I am sure the final video will reveal all secrets.

True.. I want celebrity special treatment haha. But yes that armor looks nice, and fiberglass. I definitely want to know more.

I agree with seven the color… Adam should have printed out photos to get the color and pattern correct.. CRINGE… he has the skill to get it looking accurate.

I remember when he posted the ghostbuster gear video and was talking how big of a fan he was. He attached the elbow pads to the knees. Hahahaha oh Adam.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:23 pm 
Moderator & screen used

Service Number: A08/TQ1.0.02136E1
This comes up as 'Members Only Content' which is a shame as I'd like to see this one.

Harry

Post subject: Re: Adam Savage/Tested building USCM armour
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:44 pm 

shoulder lamp build

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijosoNfEBP4

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:19 pm 

Harry Harris wrote:
This comes up as 'Members Only Content' which is a shame as I'd like to see this one.

Harry

maybe someone has inroads with adam savage? Now the question to ask is, what is his service number?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:42 pm 

Service Number: A17/TQ1.0.83083E5
Adam's "replica builds" the last few years have been incredibly disappointing. It's as though he just doesn't give a crap anymore and is simply cranking out content.

His lamp is a replica of a replica from Prop Store, for cripes' sake, and yet he's using parts some of us would give our eyeteeth for. I can only brace myself for the disaster of a motion tracker he's promising.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:43 pm 

Imagine all the inaccurate threads and arguments in the comments that will be appearing on The RPF very soon. God I'm glad I have the Aliens Legacy to come and hide from the world in. *hides real parts and locks front door*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:58 pm 
Miscreant and Foukérre

Service Number: A05/TQ1.0.32151E1
I've posted a link to the Legacy on Adam's shoulder lamp video, see if we can't get him in here for some chat :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:09 pm 
THAT guy

Scapey wrote:
I've posted a link to the Legacy on Adam's shoulder lamp video, see if we can't get him in here for some chat :)

The fact he reeled off several forum names at the start of the video and neglected us was a bit of a gut punch. Hopefully he comes around!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:20 pm 

Nobody knows about us and that might be a good thing now that i think about it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:08 pm 

bigbisont wrote:
Scapey wrote:

The fact he reeled off several forum names at the start of the video and neglected us was a bit of a gut punch. Hopefully he comes around!

Thing is we come up in google searches all the time. Could he have done it on purpose to keep us off the radar? We need to see if we can run him down at a con and get him one of our cards.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:36 am 

Service Number: A17/TQ1.0.83083E5
bigbisont wrote:
Scapey wrote:

Tested likes to push The RPF and TDH as *the* forums.... make of that what you will.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:09 pm 

“...make of that what you will”

Pfffft.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:07 pm 
Marine Raider

TS826 wrote:
“...make of that what you will”

Pfffft.

^^