The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: If I said to you we found it! REVEALED!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:24 am 
Bump!!!:D
ImageEdited by: [url=http://p220.ezboard.com/bthealienslegacy.showUserPublicProfile?gid=xenochimp>xeno chimp[/url]  Image at: 10/17/06 4:14 pm

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:12 pm 
Bumpagain.
Just don't want this to drop off. Any news yet??

Iain

Post subject: Re: If I said to you we found it!!!!!!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:00 pm 
I can't even count the hours I've spent looking for this item.
It's one of the last couple pieces I need for my MT.

Even now, armed with the words "medical" and
"pressure guage" I am still having no luck.

If this order isn't going to happen,
is there any other info you can throw at us ?

Maybe we can track one/more down individually.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:56 pm 
try "aneroid".

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:04 am 
[img]http://homepage.ntlworld.com/paul.a.kitching/temp/mrbump.png[/img]

Mr. Bump says, "Any news?"

Paul.

The Colony - My collection and current prop projects.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:51 pm 
Now I can understand that certain things be kept secret,but how about some more information on the part. A simple photo of the article without the tape would be good. I thought that this board was the source of all things Aliens etc. and that we were a sharing, caring board. Why the big secret??
I have to admit to a certain amount of frustration when it comes to things like this being kept a closed secret.
Like everyone else on this board,I have searched extremely hard for this part, at times I thought I had it only to be wrong.
However if I had found it,there would have been no hesitation in sharing what it was, and how to get it.
A simple clear photo of the front of the gauge would be great, it would allow some of us to search out and source a supply for ourselves.
Perhaps I am just tired and impatient.

Iain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:40 pm 
I'll drop Alex a note. I'm sure theres no problem with sharing the information.

TTFN

Jon.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:56 pm 
Iain if you read Alex's earlier post the only reason for the tape is to stop the finder getting into trouble.

The markings on it are company branding (not the manufacturer name) as this one was 'borrowed' from work.
[img]http://www.spartandesign.co.uk/pictures/jedibanner.jpg[/img]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:58 am 
Yep I understand about this, I suppose that after spending countless hours searching for this greeble (yes I know everyone else has as well) one does get a bit restless when you can see one and still not be able to grab it.
Forgive my outburst.

Iain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:25 am 
Don't you work in a Hospital Iain? Have you had a good look around the blood-pressure hand pump things, etc?

Paul.

The Colony - My collection and current prop projects.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:44 am 
Hi Paul

Yeah I work in a clinic, but our BP machine is all automatic. Just put the cuff on and push the button.
The gauge as shown can;t actually be a Blood Pressure gauge as the numbers don't go high enough. The one and only manual sphygomanometerwehave is too small for our missing part.
I have asked our medical techs if they can chase it up for me, why look myself when they deal with this stuff all day every day.

Iain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:04 pm 
Guys Guys Guys

I was inundated by my UKG brothers this very weekend at an event to call past here with an update.

Please accept my apologies on this, life has had to take over recently i'm afraid so this and many other projects and finds have had to take a backseat for a while, things were very serious at one point so please don't be mad!! (thankfully corners have been turned and things are slowly turning back to normal....

This weekend I also had a chat with one of the other guys involved and he is chasing things for me with regards to a batch buy right now..... the alternative being to offer out one of the ones I have to be resin cast by one of the good guys here, I am holding out on that option at this stage as the real ones are that close.

There is NO secret in this find so please don't think that, if it were the case I would have simply not posted in the first place.

Dechande - I feel your impatiance mate but honestly don't beat me up on this one :lol: the sticker does "as stated earlier" simply cover the company name of the people my guy works for and not the maker of the item, no conspiracy and certainly no secrets.

again I am sorry guys I know there are plenty of takers for this and we are trying to do the best we can on getting a batch but sadly sometimes real life has to be a priority.

As soon as I get news, so will you.
Alex TK/TB-4166

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:10 pm 
I would say no apologies are necessary Alex.

I am, along with everyone else on this board I would imagine, still stoked that you managed to identify the damn thing, and put us out of our misery!

It took so long for it to be identified I'm guessing we can all wait a little longer!

Real Life...........it's a bummer but unfortunately it always has to come first, glad to hear your getting it back on track, (any pointers on that subject by the way??? :) )

Looking forward to any updates as and when they become available.

Cheers,

Andy.
"I'm going to live forever, ...........or die trying!!"

www.exewng.co.uk

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:50 pm 
Quote:
Quote:Real Life...........it's a bummer but unfortunately it always has to come first

That's where I've been going wrong!! :D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:53 pm 
Glad you posted to keep us updated, Dacrates.

I was about to start a chant :P

Wiii...DGET!Wiii...DGET!Wiii...DGET!Wiii...DGET!Wiii...DGET!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:32 am 
Life really does suck sometimes,hope all will be worked out soon. Thanks for all your hard work there.
Sorry that my post seemed offensive, didn't start out that way, and I didn't mean to beat up on you. Once again sorry about that and I will wait with renewed excitement.
Yeah and count me in on the buy please.
Thanks

Iain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:15 pm 
OK then this is probably old news, but I had a look at the portable BP machine at work today, and what do you know but it has the right thingy inside. It is cast from some kind of aluminium, but it is the right size and shape,so I now have a MT complete with found parts. Pretty neat really.

Ciao
Iain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:06 am 
I forgot to put the name to look for:

It is a:

Assess
Diagnostics
Sphygmomanometer
CE 0123

This will get you the pump widget thing,although it is slightly different to the original,maybe needs a bit of dressing up to make it canon.

See ya
Iain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:38 pm 
One last bump before I archive this one...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:09 am 
OOH OOH!

don't lose this thread what ever you do.. Theres bad news but closely followed by good news..

Alex TK/TB-4166
ImageEdited by: [url=http://p220.ezboard.com/bthealienslegacy.showUserPublicProfile?gid=dacrates>dacrates[/url] at: 6/30/07 5:11 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3