The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2625 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 105  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:46 am 
Perfect Organism

Service Number: A96/TQ1.8.34962E2
The Wikipedia article on this game seems like a good summary of what is known about it and it is reasonably well referenced:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aliens:_Colonial_Marines

It looks like I'm gonna have to get a beefier computer, this sounds too complex to work well with a joypad. Might be wrong...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:54 am 
Pure 1337

Join the dark side G, buy a fully tricked out M1730... ;)

Just don't forget to barter, the sales guys are authorised to give a full £350 off the list price, and on receiving the PC if you threaten to send it back for whatever reason they are authorised to give another £150 refund! :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:21 pm 

PVB wrote:

Yes! Originally I played it on a friend's system when I was a kid. I borrowed it from him and beat it on all 3 species. Several years later when I was working, I bought my own Jaguar and AVP game. I still have it boxed up in my closet!

Last edited by Alien1099 on Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:18 pm 

I posted this on the Gearbox Forums as my idea for the Aliens: CM packaging. It's pretty much a recreation of the old theatrical poster and VHS box for Aliens with the CM subtitle in the font that was used for the Sulaco's lettering (which I found here thanks to the people of this good forum!!!). The idea would be to have slightly reflective blue metallic/foil letters inlayed for the ALIENS part. It's simple and elegant and would be eyecatching on the shelf of a store.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:34 pm 

I like your box art idea. I'd buy that for the box alone - just to display.

Sometimes, especially in this case ... less is more.

I am glad this is an ALIENS game, and not an AvP. Going back to the roots is good - I hope it turns out as good as the demo photos look.

I wonder if they have finalized their player and creature models. The USCM models look good (uniform/armor) but still somehow off ... like maybe the armor is too small and not "bulky" in the right places.

One other funny thing I notice ... the marine in the screenshot is shouldering up his M41A ... but with the stock still collapsed! It looks kinda weird to me.

I can't wait for this game. I hope I can save enough to get a new PC or seriously upgrade mine to play it like it deserves to be played - Graphics maxed, sound WAAAAY up, and the lights all off. AvP rocked this way ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:30 am 
Ready to Rock & Roll!

Service Number: A08/TQ2.0.72136E1
CW Mock wrote:
I can't wait for this game. I hope I can save enough to get a new PC or seriously upgrade mine to play it like it deserves to be played - Graphics maxed, sound WAAAAY up, and the lights all off. AvP rocked this way ...

Depending what sort/size of TV you have, it'd probably be a lot cheaper (and easier) to buy a PS3 or Xbox 360 to play it on. :)

I'm looking forward to playing it on my 32" HD TV via my 360. 8)

"I'd like to die at the age of 80 in my own bed, with a belly full of wine and a girl's mouth around my c**k."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:36 am 
USCM Ambassador

Service Number: AO2/TQ1.0.1233E1
I can't wait to play it on my 52" HDTV w/ Xbox. Gotta get the sound surround workin'.

Yeah man, built this system for Halo! It'll work superb for Colonal Marines gunning down them damn bugs!
8)

USCM- The Colonial Marines- A Brotherhood of Bad Asses!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:01 am 

What do you think of this artwork for the box cover?

I had a buddy do this for my first fan film I directed back many moons ago:

Fan Film Cover Design Test 1.jpg
Fan Film Cover Design Test 1.jpg [ 36.79 KiB | Viewed 23874 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:52 am 
You there! Get me a Turkey!

Service Number: A03/TQ1.0.62157E1
Called and left them a message on Tuesday, no return call.
Called again Thursday, no one at any of the extensions I tried picked up.
Called Friday morning and the main extension picked up and transferred me to voice mail.....still no call back.

So I'm just going to leave the ball in their court.
If they need someone, I'm sure a Dallas grunt can help out if I'm unable to make it. Or better still have more than one show up....fingers crossed.

FYI; love both sets of artwork.
Reminds me of the MR Tracker box.......beautiful!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:34 am 
Alien1099 wrote:
I posted this on the Gearbox Forums as my idea for the Aliens: CM packaging. It's pretty much a recreation of the old theatrical poster and VHS box for Aliens with the CM subtitle in the font that was used for the Sulaco's lettering (which I found here thanks to the people of this good forum!!!). The idea would be to have slightly reflective blue metallic/foil letters inlayed for the ALIENS part. It's simple and elegant and would be eyecatching on the shelf of a store.

I really would like it to be simple, plain and effective. Something like the Bioshock tin-case would be awesome too, since it's design is functional and fitting with the atmosphere of the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:24 am 
Range Safety Officer

An BB/ OD case with The Aliens logo Stenciled on it..:) Noice..:)

"You are not your Drop Count."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:54 am 
Pure 1337

I can just hear the voice-comms in the co-op games now...

LET'S ROCK! YEAH!

MARINES, WE ARE LEAVING!

etc...

:lol:

I wish this would hurry up and get released! My new laptop arrived today and I'm dying to try and challenge it to drop below 60FPS on something!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:58 am 
sixty wrote:
I can just hear the voice-comms in the co-op games now...

LET'S ROCK! YEAH!

MARINES, WE ARE LEAVING!

etc...

:lol:

I wish this would hurry up and get released! My new laptop arrived today and I'm dying to try and challenge it to drop below 60FPS on something!

Just check your 2 and 10, mate, I'll have your 6.

Just try UT3 on high settings. If it runs smooth, you're sure to play A:CM just fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:09 pm 
JediFraz wrote:
An BB/ OD case with The Aliens logo Stenciled on it..:) Noice..:)

eh, a what?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:14 pm 
Lifer

He means a "Brown Bess" or "Olive Drab" case. Brown Bess was the original colour of the Pulse Rifle shroud (as well as the Motion Traker, Locator tube, and just about everything that you thought looked Olive Drab :wink: ).

I like the simple boxart that Alien1099 posted.

Charlie- your artwork is cool- but reminds of the intro to a James Bond film. The part at the very beginning where you are looking down a gun barrel and Bond walks across the screen only to shoot you first. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:57 pm 
Singing the doom song...

Service Number: A11/TQ1.0.32150E1
Some new info:

Quote:
Small details they may be, but when they're details on Gearbox's upcoming Aliens squad-shooter, you'd damn well better lap them up. First up, the game won't be restricted to claustrophobic indoor environments. While they'll obviously play a big part, there'll also be outdoor sections as well, giving you a breather from the RELENTLESSLY OPPRESSIVE DARKNESS. It also won't feature your traditional progression through levels, either. Rather than simply advance from beginning to end, some levels will require you to "make a stand", asking you to set up turrets and barricade doors in an effort to hold an area from a swarm of incoming bugs.

Two more: first is that the game will feature proper acid blood, which won't just injure you if you get too close, but will also have minor effects on the level's environments. Second is that the game will feature quick-time events. Sorry to save the bad news for last, but hey, you had to hear it some time.

http://kotaku.com/366728/details-on-gea ... ns-shooter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:46 pm 

Hopefully the only repetitive Quicktime Event that takes place is when a facehugger tries to rape your face, kinda like the attack dogs in COD4.

Oh, and I'm loving the fact that there won't be a HUD. It really adds to the tension.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:02 pm 
I Don't Roll on Shabbas

Yeah Paul's artwork is quite nice

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:34 pm 

im really looking forward to this game, should be great!

A while back I started work on a Aliens themed game in Flash, heres a screenshot.

I got quickly got frustrated out of lack of programming knowladge though so it was soon abandonded lol If there is anyone here who is good as scripting in actionscript maybe we can collaberate to finish the game and have it hosted here, just a thought. Note that I opted for brown bess on the pulse rifle :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:33 pm 
Bad Boy

Service Number: A06/TQ0.0.22134E1
Quote:
Note that I opted for brown bess on the pulse rifle Very Happy

Sweet Sweet Brown Bess :D

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:44 pm 
Miscreant and Foukérre

Service Number: A05/TQ1.0.32151E1
Quicktime?
Bullet time?

Props, cosplay pieces, upcycled ornamentation, and miscellanea;
For the discerning survivor of the apocalypse.
Steve Fletcher : Maker, Scavenger, and Junksmith.
linktr.ee/wastelandworkshop

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:06 am 

Swamphunter wrote:
Oh, and I'm loving the fact that there won't be a HUD. It really adds to the tension.

I hear you ... having to pull up the tracker to use it, then set it aside to shoulder the pulse rifle would ROCK ... and make it incredibly tense.

I hope it turns out to be good. Having no HUD, teammates, etc are good features for a good game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:03 am 
Yardbird

STENDEC wrote:
im really looking forward to this game, should be great!

A while back I started work on a Aliens themed game in Flash, heres a screenshot.

I got quickly got frustrated out of lack of programming knowladge though so it was soon abandonded lol If there is anyone here who is good as scripting in actionscript maybe we can collaberate to finish the game and have it hosted here, just a thought. Note that I opted for brown bess on the pulse rifle :D

I am just completing my course in Video Game design in college. I might be able to help you with it. I am currently making an 8 bit sequal to Metal Gear for my final Project. It looks a lot like the first metal gear game with a different theme. Pm me and I'll have a look and I am sure we can probably get this thing up and going....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:06 pm 

Mantroon: I forgot who made this as it was a number of years ago. Great Job on it. Thanks Again !!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:43 pm 
SSgt Burton wrote:
He means a "Brown Bess" or "Olive Drab" case. Brown Bess was the original colour of the Pulse Rifle shroud (as well as the Motion Traker, Locator tube, and just about everything that you thought looked Olive Drab :wink: ).

I like the simple boxart that Alien1099 posted.

Charlie- your artwork is cool- but reminds of the intro to a James Bond film. The part at the very beginning where you are looking down a gun barrel and Bond walks across the screen only to shoot you first. :wink:

Ah, that makes sense... Does anyone has the RGB-codes to Brown Bess and proper Olive drab so I can make some mock-ups in my style?

like so:

(TC never left devellopment hell, but still lingers in mind)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2625 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 105  Next