The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:08 am 
Perfect Organism

Service Number: A96/TQ1.8.34962E2
I never met Chris (I had only a couple of email exchanges) but I was looking forward to meeting him at D*Con.

I'm sorry that I'll never know him properly, and my thoughts are with the people who did.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:02 am 

A great guy always had time to help people out, a very sad loss, my thoughts are with his family.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:54 am 

Service Number: A09/TQ0.0.82160E1
I'm not sure what to say here. I don't know any of you well at all, in fact I've only ever posted in the topic to introduce myself. I barely knew Chris, except for dealing with him years back to order a set of the 1:6th scale armor. I cant remember EVER dealing with anyone more helpfull. I was out of the state for christmas and he bent over backwards to make sure it arrived where I was. The reason I'm finally speaking despite my own social ineptness, is, out of respect for the man himself, his family, and all of you that where friends to him. From what I knew of the man, it seemed like if there was one person to go out of his way for you, one person that liked to make you feel welcome, or one person worth speaking to, it was him. Upon reading through the pages about his condition, I feel beyond disapointment in myself for not getting to know him more ESPECIALLY since Colorado is home for me as well..it was foolish and I missed out on someone I feel could've been a great friend. This has opened my eyes a little. No longer will I miss similar oppurtunities with such a great group of people. I intend fully on getting to know you all more, and with hope even attending one of the dragoncons. I suppose, in a way, I have Chris to thank for this. It is my hope that such a tragic event can help others like myself out of their shells a little and into what seems to be a band of brothers, and I sincerely hope I'm not out of place speaking about a man I didnt know. I missed the glass raising even mentioned in previous pages given the time difference, however I fully intend to make up for it..shedding my AF BDUs when I get off for my USCM ones as it seems appropriate.

RIP Chris-
Logan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:26 am 
Ready to Rock & Roll!

Service Number: A08/TQ2.0.72136E1
Dropshipbob wrote:
I had to do something

I sad loss indeed. :(

I've grabbed that image for my work PC and am wearing a black armband at work too.

"I'd like to die at the age of 80 in my own bed, with a belly full of wine and a girl's mouth around my c**k."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:19 pm 
I Don't Roll on Shabbas

Very sad news. My heart goes out to Chris' family and all those here that knew him in person.

There's no doubt that just from reading these boards here was an extremely well liked and respected man. A brother or father figure to some, even.

Although I knew him only from the AL board, I consider it my loss to not have met him in person – something we from the UK were all looking forward to doing at this years DCon.

All my condolences and deepest sympathies to Chris' family and my brothers here on the board.

Andrew

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:48 pm 
Double Digit Midget

Service Number: A02/TQ0.0.92162E1
This news hit me like a bullet when i got the msg from Brian. I met Chris briefly but he was the first to shake my hand and greet me to my first Dcon last year. That brief moment will be in my memories forever. "Puedele descansa en el Reino de ángeles, mi amigo"

Svc No: A02/TQ0.0.92162E1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:26 pm 

This is a very sad day. My deepest sympathies go out to Chris and his family. :(

Mike

Post subject: My Condolences
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:34 pm 
17 days?.........

Service Number: A02/TQ.2.0.32145E1
I just got the news last night (1-10-2008) while at work via an e-mail from Sharpie.

I just wanted to express my sincerest condolences to Joy [Chris's Mrs.] and everyone here that will miss Chris.

I only got to communicate with FNG Chris via these forums years ago when we were discussing the USCM Charter. I think I may have exchanged e-mails with him regarding his awesome 1/6-scale USCM figure outfits, as well.

I truly regret not getting to meet him in person. Perhaps our souls will meet in Heaven (on the Ready Line there) if God deems me fit to do so. Even then, it will be an honor.

Rest in peace, Chris. Like someone wrote earlier, you've earned it.

Sincerely,
Jason Tayros
call sign: sidemachine
A02/TQ.2.0.32145/E1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:47 pm 

Miss ya Chris.

Richie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:37 pm 
Victim

Service Number: A86/TQ3.4.49421E3
As pretty much a newbie here, I have obviously never met Chris or any of you, but I did exchange e-mails with the man just before Christmas and can only say how helpful and friendly he was.

From all the glowing tributes here I know he was a top bloke who will be sorely missed, so to his family and friends my thoughts are with you all at this difficult time. :(

you can't take the PUNK outa Spunkmeyer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:09 pm 
Alien Queen

joeranger wrote:
I will not refrain from posting my favorite pic, since he is now with the angels...

Chris was a big part of what makes this group so amazing. I was new and clueless to the Aliens universe but that didn't stop you guys from accepting me and making me feel instantly like part of the family. When I met Chris for the first time, he gave me the biggest hug as if we'd known each other for years. After hearing my Chris talk about him non-stop before Dragon*Con I could immediately tell why he loved the guy so much. I am grateful to have my life so blessed to know him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:11 pm 

We'll never forget you, Chris.

If anyone feels inspired to clean this up a bit and overlay some text, feel free.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:14 pm 

I had been meaning to register here for a while because Chris who I met at D*Con 07 encouraged me to and was so friendly. I only chatted to him for a few minutes but he was so enthusiastic and nice it made a huge impression on me. I'm here because of him.

I am happy to see the out pouring here - he had and continues to have a profound effect on so many people. Thanks Chris!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:39 pm 

Actually Exo, that's an image I started working on last night for Chris as a drawing!

:wink:

It was suggested to me by Derek as I drove home from work last night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:42 pm 
Another glorious day in the Corps!

Service Number: A06/TQ2.0.72147E1
I got the news while on the road to Miami to start a vacation; this news was crushing, to say the least.

Godspeed, Chris.

"To err is human; to forgive, divine... Neither of which is Marine Corps policy."
"In Onoraigh Ar Marbh" ~ We Honor Our Fallen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:27 pm 

Oh God...
A very bad news...
My heart and all my thoughts are with his family...
Unfortunately ... this is real life ... not our sci-fi...

FLY HIGH ... CHRIS!

Giò
"Alien Emotion"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:36 pm 

Service Number: A04/TQ1.0.02151E1
exoframe2 wrote:
We'll never forget you, Chris.

If anyone feels inspired to clean this up a bit and overlay some text, feel free.

That picture just says it all!

I just heard the news. I'm gutted.
I won't pretend to have known Chris, but he was part of the family and his absence leaves a hole on the ready line.

Safe Landings and Dustoffs FNG.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:43 am 
Duke Bronson

Just a reminder that I am still collecting signature for Chris' memorial plaque... I have 13 spots left.

Thanks to all,
Dom

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:47 am 

Service Number: A05/TQ1.0.92155E1
Did you recieve my signature ok Dom?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:22 am 

Service Number: A08/TQ1.0.A323732E3
No words suffice.

Chris was one of the many that made keeping this board running worthwhile in my time and allways a gentleman to deal with from a business point of view.

Cheers all

Tony

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:34 am 
I've been posting on these boards for what, 10 years? In the past few years I only check in every few weeks.... I chose to check in one damn week too late.

See you around the stars FNG. Check those corners.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:40 am 

Dom, I will get you my signature later this week. We don't have a scanner so I'll have to use a friend's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:30 am 
Duke Bronson

Very good... I won't print this thing until it's full.

Plans are to make two laminated on pressed wood. One for Joy & one for diplay at DCon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:49 am 

Horrible news.
To all of his friends and family, I'm so sorry for your loss.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:40 pm 
You there! Get me a Turkey!

Service Number: A03/TQ1.0.62157E1
Welcome to use my Austin, stop by anytime.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next