The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Alien: Resurrection Weaponary
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 12:50 am 
Had a quick question

Has anyone ever tried to cast the rifles used in alien:resurrection???

I just watched it on amc & noticed that they're relatively decent looking & would make a nice prop with the right paint, blood, sweat & tears.

Just wondering,

Cpl. Neokramer

Post subject: Re: Alien: Resurrection Weaponary
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 2:36 pm 
The silver-coloured one carried by the USM soldiers comes up on eBay sometimes. Search for 'shock rifle'. I last saw one a long time ago, but it looked good - even had a working torch.
Mike

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 3:31 pm 
thanks a bunch mike

they were pretty cool looking

I gave that movie another chance & it's not as bad as I once thought it was

corny, weird in some spots, but overall alright movie

cpl. neokramer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 9:57 pm 
Actually, a member of this board once did an awesome scratch build of the shock rifle...It was a while back though, probably 3 years now.

Cheers

Tony
When you are out of Pulse Rifles, you are out of Weapons!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 11:05 pm 
cool!!

I never really noticed the weapons of Alien: Res, just the way the aliens looked

but the weapons are interesting, not pulse rifle like, but good enough to look for a prop of a shock rifle

thanks again,

Cpl. Neokramer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 12:05 am 
Anyone want to see pics of these from last years Fox auction?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 12:08 am 
sure.

Ripper

-Me

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 3:18 am 

Edited by: [url=http://pub217.ezboard.com/bthealienslegacy.showUserPublicProfile?gid=aliensarchive>aliensarchive[/url] at: 9/14/03 8:20 pm

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 1:03 pm 
Very cool!!

I think the first two weapons shown here are really sweet. :D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 1:27 pm 
yepp, quiet nice, so much better than the movie :lol:

Does anybody know the base of the gun on the second pic ?
Looks like one of these compact smg`s like UZI, MAC or anything else.

just do it !

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 3:38 pm 
I think it's the internals of a MAC11, the barrel seems to have the big screw thread that you use to fit the silencer on the M11 and the positioning of it looks spot on.

The weps all look 'industrial' and actually look old fashioned compared to the PR IMHO.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 6:00 pm 
[img]http://homepage.ntlworld.com/rob.rowley/lewis/backpack.jpg[/img]

This is something I won on ebay a while ago.
It cost me a bit, but I thought it was alright; it's a cool piece, and I'll be incorporating it into any fan films I make :D
What tipped the deal into 'you shouldn't have bought this you fool' zone was the £46 customs charge whapped on top, and the $40 shipping. :shock: :evil:

It was bought by it's original owner from the er, 'MGM store at Disneyland' or something, where they apparently sell props & such.

It's two cylinders came full of complimentary rotting batteries, which weighed a tonne, no doubt significantly increasing the shipping charge.

What interests me about the piece is that it obviously operated something; having batteries, a switch on each cylinder, and two power leads running out of it. This probably connected to some sort of gun that lit up (or did something). There is a knob on the side of each cylinder, which I presume were the fixings for two tubes that ran from the cylinders to the gun. This leads me to beleive it is half of a flame thrower unit, missing it's gun. It can't contain anything, and looks like it could only be a power pack or fuel tank for a weapon.

Something as complex as this, I beleive, could only have been constructed as a major prop for a prominent character- although I have yet to glimpe it in the movie. Could it have been for a character cut from the script? I know there are some. Or perhaps from an early, unused version of the flamethrower used on the Ripley clones?

I shall never know! If anyone (I doubt it) has gathered any enthusiasm for the film and has any other ideas/proof of this item, please tell me! (Perhaps I was Royally conned into buying something from some another movie :| )

Lewis
Edited by: [url=http://pub217.ezboard.com/bthealienslegacy.showUserPublicProfile?gid=bbclewis>BBC Lewis[/url] at: 12/22/03 9:45 am

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 12:01 am 
It's not something to do with the wheelchair?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 12:30 am 
The shock rifle (second pic) does look like it has a mini or pistol UZI for the base.

It's probably the only gun of the movie I kinda liked.;)

Kevin
The Sarge's Site
[url=http://ca.photos.yahoo.com/bc/ssgtburton/lst?.dir=/Sarge%27s+Pics&.src=ph&.order=&.view=t
&.done=http%3a//ca.photos.yahoo.com/]Sarge's Pics[/url]

"Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 6:06 pm 
thanks for the pics guys

the sadar is coming along, slowly but surely!!!

sketches & concept ideas done, now have to buy the proper materials

cpl. neokramer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 10:56 pm 
Lewis,
That is a backpack from SPACE: ABOVE AND BEYOND.

Steve

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 10:57 pm 
Those batteries controlled the lights and fans inside thier helmets. Great find. Want to sell it :) (sorry.had to ask)

Steve

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 11:47 pm 
The guy I bought it from said the COA from resurrection was knackered in a flood in his basement. I don't think he was lying at all (it still has the 'backpack from Alien Resurrection: $250' price tag attached to it)
If this is from S:AAB, Disney's prop shop may have just got it wrong without giving a damn, or perhaps it was reused in Resurrection?

Never trust Mickey. He always has an E-vil plan.

Mail Sent.:P
Lewis

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 12:13 am 
Mickey rules!!

I think it was 1/2 way through the season, they switched to smaller backpacks. If I am right in what it is......that should be an alice packframe that has been cut down.

Its still a cool piece. And who knows, maybe it was used in A:R as background stuff.

Does anyonw know where it was filmed?

Steve

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 4:44 am 
A4 at Fox studios. Don't know about SAAB.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 2:13 am 
SAAB was a FOX tv show....so maybe. It started in Australia for the pilot....then moved to the states for the series

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 1:12 pm 
ANYONE HAPPEN TO HAVE ANY NEW NEWS/INFO WHERE TO GET THESE WEAPONS... AS A KIT OR SOMETHING??? NEVER SEEN THEM FOR SALE ANYWHERE....

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 3:00 pm 
Lewis,
nice find there! Here's a link to some S:AAB props (including the backpack you have and the later version):
web-worthy.com/saab/images-props2.html

Cheers,
Stefan

PS: Does anyone know the manufacturer of laser sight they used on the Glocks?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 3:23 pm 
UM... COUGH COUGH... SPACE ABOVE AND BEYOND ??? THATS NOT ALIEN RESURRECTION.... ANYONE HAVE LINKS OR INFO ON WHERE TO GET """"ALIEN RESURRECTION"""" PROPS ?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 4:03 pm 
Phil, I've been meaning to say for a while - could you please calm it with the ALL CAPS! There's no need, as in online terms, ALL CAPS MEANS THAT YOU ARE SHOUTING! It's somewhat distracting and annoying. Cheers.

Also, this discussion had already gone off onto S:AAB when we tried to find out the origin of that backpack. We haven't forgotten that this is an Alien board, though and I'm sure if anyone DOES find any A:R props, they'll post here - there's no need to repeat yourself. Have you tried looking yourself though? Google is your FRIEND!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next