The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1662 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 67  Next
 Post subject: Combat Drop Ribbons Requests
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:39 pm 
Duke Bronson

After some 13 years of doing this service on this board, and the previous one, I am finally hanging up my boots. I will continue to honour my contract with whoever has a current license below, but will no longer take any more new contracts, nor renewals. You may obtain from me your ribbon file in Photoshop format, and or PNG format, even if it has been deleted from the PBase server. The Photoshop file is the file witch which you can edit your own ribbon rack and host it wherever you wish. Send your request for your ribbon file at cplbaldwin (at) gmail.com, and I will reply with instructions on how to resize it to post it to this forum.

Any other updates you may have, please send to me by email.

It's been a good run folks, and I thank everyone who's participated in this fun project.

How many drops is this for you lieutenant?
Thirty-eight, simulated.
How many combat drops?
Two, including this one.

Furthermore to my duties as you service number registrar, I will be please to serve you as curator of military merit awards for your combat drops and other miscellaneous decorations.

Please include your full name with your request as this office is not clairvoyant and if you banner of signature doesn't have your name, it's not really serving the best purpose. All requests must be done in this thread, do not send me a Private Message.

combat drop
Active duty in a recognized uniform and/or combat gear in the service of any international
Colonial Marine Corps at an organized public event where civilians may witness operations.

Current ribbon categories:

Achievement: Aliens Legacy Gold Award, Most Valuable Marine, Samhain 1031 Prison Colony Decoration, Colonial Marine Corps Recruit Depot San Diego, Aid to the Civil Power Award, Hypersleep Deployment, Canis et Equus VII Ceremonial Guard, Multi-Force Decoration, Colonial Marine Decoration, Operations Merit of Achievement

Valour: Adverse Service Medal

Combat: Colonial Marine Corps Combat Action Ribbon, Colonial Marine Corps Expeditionary Medal, Atlanta Colony Campaign; London Colony Campaign, Toronto Colony Campaign, Minor Colony Patrol. etc...

Memorial: LV-426 Incident 25th Anniversary Memorial Decoration, Pte Chris Chulamanis Ribbon, Necronom IV, etc…

Application Criteria:
1. The individual members are responsible to apply for and in good faith ensure that they are eligible for these decorations.
2. Where "uniformed member" is specified, these decorations are reserved to those who serve in a recognized uniform and/or combat gear in the service of any international Colonial Marine Corps.
3. Where "member" is specified, these decorations are open to uniformed members as well as those who served as opposing force in the guise of a known and recognized extra-terrestrial.

Achievement

Most Valuable Marine or Aliens Legacy Gold Award
To be chosen by a panel of qualified peers and given to members most deserving the acclaim of all for their work in the Aliens and or Colonial Marine community. Recipients are entitled to use the post nominal letters "MVM" and or "ALG" as the case may be.

Samhain 1031 Prison Colony Decoration
For a uniformed member on tour of duty on the Samhain (Halloween) 1031 prison colony.

Colonial Marine Corps Recruit Depot San Diego (AKA Hollywood Marine):
Awarded to Colonial Marines in a recognizable uniform who have participated in a film production, professional or not, regardless of whether they were given screen time or not. Not to be mistaken with non-scripted, and unedited film.

Aid to the Civil Power Award:
Awarded to a uniformed member for service to one's community or for the donation of blood while in Colonial Marine attire.

Hypersleep Deployment:
Awarded to a member who has traveled long (100 miles+), very long (international border) and exceptionally long (inter-continental travel) distances to participate in a combat drop.

Canis et Equus VII Ceremonial Guard:
Awarded to members who have participated in any parade. COLOR GUARD device for those who've served in said guard.

Multi-Force Decoration:
Awarded to a uniformed member for previous or in current service of another para-military, military or constabulary force, body, corps or fleet.

Colonial Marine Corps Recruiting Ribbon
Recognizes those uniformed members who have completed a successful recruiting drive by being present for the purposes of promoting the Colonial Marine Corps, in uniform, at an event, where a civilian population normally congregates. one award per calendar year. Please indicate for which year you are applying for when requesting this ribbon.

Colonial Marine Decoration:
Awarded to a uniformed member who has completed eight years of service. Recipients are entitled to use the post nominal letters "CMD". A bronze oak leaf cluster shall be awarded for every subsequent period of six years of qualifying service, to a maximum of four for service of 32 years or more.

Operations Merit of Achievement
For service, by a uniformed member, equal to or exceeding three hours, at a Colonial Marines Colony Drop Operations Table or volunteering at a convention. one award per calendar year. Please indicate for which year you are applying for when requesting this ribbon.

Valour

Valour in Adverse Service Medal:
For service by a member at a colony drop in spite of serious injury or illness. Recipients are entitled to use the post nominal letters "VAS".

Combat

Combat Action Ribbon
Awarded to a member who has actively participated in colony sweep, one award per calendar year. Please indicate for which year you are applying for when requesting this ribbon.

Colonial Marine Corps Expeditionary Medal
Awarded to a member who has participated in a simulated and dramatized rescue of a non-combatant. This decoration is awarded in conjunction with the Combat Action Ribbon. one award per calendar year. Please indicate for which year you are applying for when requesting this ribbon.

Colony Campaigns:
Awarded to a member for successful campaign in uniform of a colony where the civilian population exceeds 200'000 colonists; individual ribbons exist for colonies exceeding this population.

Minor Colony Patrol:
Awarded to a member for successful patrol in uniform of a colony of 10'000 colonists or less; one single ribbon exists for colonies inferior to this population.

Memorial

LV-426 Incident Silver Memorial Decoration
Awarded to a member who served at any drop, patrol or rescue operation during the course of the year 2011 and every five years following for multiples.

Necronom IV Memorial Ribbon
Awarded to a member who served at any drop or patrol in uniform within a year following the death of a significant cast or crew of the film Aliens.

Pte Chris Chulamanis Ribbon
Awarded to a member who served at any drop or patrol in uniform within a year following the death of a fellow Marine.
Honour Roll:
Chulamanis, Chris A14/TQ4.0.66993E7. Taps: 10 Jan 2008
Martin, Drew SVC NO. UNKNOWN. Taps: 27 Nov 2011
Young, Steve SVC NO. A05/TQ0.0.92133E1. Taps: 31 Jul 2013
Peterson, Heidi Nicole A07/TQ0.0.22149E1. Taps: 10 Apr 2014

Numerals for multiple achievements:

For colony campaigns and minor colony patrols only

Numerals 2, 3, 4, 5. Six to nine multiples, bronze star; ten to fourteen multiples, silver star; fifteen to nineteen, gold star; twenty to twenty-four, double gold star; twenty-five to twenty-nine, triple gold star; thirty or more quadruple gold star.

For the following decorations:

Valor in Adverse Service Medal (One per action)
Colonial Marine Corps Combat Action Ribbon, (One per calendar year)
Colonial Marine Corps Expeditionary Medal, (One per calendar year)
Aid to the Civil Power (One per action)
Hypersleep Deployment (1 Bronze star is minimum, 2 Silver Star for crossed international boundary, 3 Gold stars for inter-continental travel) )
LV-426 Incident 25th Anniversary Memorial Decoration One multiple every five starting in 2011
Multi Force Decoration (Awarded for each branch of service, eg: Cadets, JROTC, ROTC, Military, Coast Guard & Police)
Colonial Marine Corps Recruiting Ribbon (One per calendar year)
Operations Merit (One per calendar year)

Bronze Star for two awards, Silver star for three awards, Gold Star for four awards, Double Gold Star for five awards, Triple Gold Star for six awards, Quadruple Gold Star for seven or more awards.

For the following decorations only:

Colonial Marine Decoration Oak Leaf cluster for each additional six years of qualifying service. One bronze oak leaf for two awards (14 years), Double oak leaf cluster for three awards (20 years), triple oak leaf cluster for four awards (26 years), quadruple oak leaf cluster for five awards (32 years +).

Pte Chulamanis Memorial (One per fallen comrade), and the Necronom IV Memorial (One per deceased cast or crew) Bronze Star for two awards, Double Bronze Star for three awards, Triple Bronze Star for four awards, Quadruple Bronze Star for five awards, Silver Star for six awards, Double Silver Star for seven awards, Triple Silver Star for eight awards, Quadruple Silver Star for nine awards, Gold Star for ten awards, Double Gold Star for eleven awards, Triple Gold Star for twelve awards, Quadruple Gold Star for thirteen awards or more.

Colonial Marine Corps Recruit Depot San Diego (One per film). One bronze oak leaf for each additional film (2 films= 1 oak leaf, 3=2, 4=3, 5=4. One silver oak leaf for six films, 7=2, 8=3, 9 or more=4.

Decorations can be seen here. Recipients can be seen here.

When applying, please don't specify what convention you went to, the name of the city will be just fine.

Please include:

Event city & amount of successful combat drops for each city.

Ex: Atlanta 2, Toronto 3, Montreal 3... etc.

Submit your full name as well, some of you don't include it in your signature.

Q: Can I purchase these ribbons for my CMC uniform?
A: Yes. Use this convenient Service Medal List and click on the ribbons you need to obtain appropriate SKU numbers to order directly from http://www.glendale.com For example, Atlanta Colony Drop is RBN16RYGORY

Hosting expiry list:

Last edited by SGM Baldwin on Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:38 pm, edited 17 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:27 am 
Duke Bronson

Some people have difficulty understanding the corrolation between the Colonial Marine Combat Action Ribbon and the Colonial Marine Expeditionary Medal.

In order to qualify for the CMEM, you must first qualify for the CMCAR. If you participate in a combat drop that has a colony sweep, you qualify for the CMCAR. If during the course of the colony sweep you rescue a civilian, you qualify for both the CMCAR and CMEM.

You cannot qualify for the CMEM on its own. It is awarded alongside the CMCAR.

Some ribbons are exceptional and you cannot apply for multiples at every combat drop, and some... not at all.

The CMCAR, the CMEM, the CMCR, and the OMA can only be earned once per calendar year. Theoretically, you could earn those ribbons once on December 31st and then again on January 1st.

The Hypersleep Deployment Ribbons reward those Marines who have traveled far to go to their combat drop. If you've traveled a distance of 160 KM (100 miles) or more, you qualify for the Long ribbon. If you end traveling to a foreign country (regardless of the distance), it's the Very Long. If you go to another continent entirely (Based on the 7 Continent Model), it's the Exceptionally Long. It may be possible for instance for a Marine who lives in Panama to go to a combat drop in Colombia, and although this is an adjoining country, it crosses from North America to South America... two seperate continents, making this Exceptionally Long. Same for Finland to Russia, as well as Spain and Morocco. All of course if the distance traveled exceeds 100 miles (160 kilometres).

The Pte Chris Chulamanis Memorial Ribbon commemorates the passing of fallen comrades. Upon the announcement of a Colonial Marine that has passed away, this award is retroactively applicable to a member who served at any drop or patrol in uniform within that calendar year. For each additional member who passes away, the recipient will be awarded a multiple star, to a mximum of thirteen awards.

They shall live foreverafter as stars beset in our galaxy, taking watch over us from the great colony above.

Here is a step-by-step tutorial about how to find and order your Colonial Marine ribbons:

The following six colony drops have been agglomerated into larger colonies. Portland (ME) is affected by these changes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:26 am 
Diplomatic Immunity

Service Number: A09/TQ2.0.13371E1
London 1, Leicester 1, Derby 1, Atlanta 2, Birmingham 1.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:17 am 
Range Safety Officer

All of them including fundraising runs.. Jeez that'll take a while... Here's the major ones...

Leicster 1 (NSC)
Glasgow 2 (CM + Fundraising)
Birmingham 2 (Mem)
Milton Keynes 1 (CM)
East Kilbride 3 (Fundraising)
Forth Estuary 1 (Fundraising)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:55 pm 
USCM Ambassador

Service Number: AO2/TQ1.0.1233E1
Hey Dom,
Forgot about an event I did in Sacramento... :roll:

USCM- The Colonial Marines- A Brotherhood of Bad Asses!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:21 pm 
Too Pretty to Die

Thanks Dom. What's the recommended thing, copy it to a photo hoster?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:39 pm 
Double Digit Midget

Service Number: A02/TQ0.0.92162E1
San Diego 2, Atlanta 1. Sir.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:10 pm 

Service Number: A05/TQ1.0.92155E1
Hey Dom.
Not sure if you spotted it in the Dress blues topic (it's getting busy in there) but I had a little play with the images.
If they are created as gif in 89a format they can be given a transparent background colour so that incomplete rows appear without the white.

e.g.

Not sure if that's of any interest to you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:14 pm 

ah, interesting. What web browser do you use? It wouldn't be Firefox would it?
In typcial Microsoft style Internet Explorer is notoriously bad at handling PNG transparency which could explain why the transparency is not working for some of us.

I don't use photoshop myself so I don't know exactly where but 89a gif will certainly be supported. It's been a web standard for a long time.

This web pages might help...

http://www.myjanee.com/tuts/save/savexgifs.htm

http://www.mediacollege.com/adobe/photoshop/transparent/gif.html

G

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:22 pm 
Another glorious day in the Corps!

Service Number: A06/TQ2.0.72147E1
Hell, I need to do an Orlando event now just for that ribbon... it's awesome!

"To err is human; to forgive, divine... Neither of which is Marine Corps policy."
"In Onoraigh Ar Marbh" ~ We Honor Our Fallen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:23 pm 
Too Pretty to Die

Orlando is great for cons. Megacon is our Dragon*con. There's also FX and Vulkon... And Assimilationcon at the end of the month (plug, plug).

At least it doesn't have mouse ears. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:33 pm 

Hey, there's nothing wrong with the mouse!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:37 pm 

AdonisSniper wrote:
Orlando is great for cons. Megacon is our Dragon*con. There's also FX and Vulkon... And Assimilationcon at the end of the month (plug, plug).

At least it doesn't have mouse ears. :lol:

I used to work for the company that originally owned FX... great show. I keep meaning to make MegaCon...

Are you (or anyone you know) doing Necronomicon next month in Tampa?

"To err is human; to forgive, divine... Neither of which is Marine Corps policy."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:42 pm 
Too Pretty to Die

FX haven't done for... 3 years. It's the same time the Hoggetowne Medival Faire that I perform at is. Alas, would have loved see drunken Hicks antics (I chatted with the FX owner at D*con) and met Bishop.

Haven't done Necro in 3 years either. I was there helping run Cthulhu Live. Are they going to have any Aliens guests this year?

I plan to kit up for Vulkon Orlando in November.

But we should move the discussion so it doesn't sully Dom's thread more. lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:14 pm 

Hey Dom... how much of a pain would it be to create a sticky or something showing each city's ribbon? Like a master list?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:43 am 
Duke Bronson

It's all here... http://www.pbase.com/sharpuscm/ribbons

Treadwell:
http://www.pbase.com/image/85515134/small.jpg

Eagleskull:
http://www.pbase.com/image/85515507/small.jpg

Last edited by SGM Baldwin on Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:02 am 
You there! Get me a Turkey!

Service Number: A03/TQ1.0.62157E1
Oh purdy colors!!

Atlanta 3
Dallas 6

Not listed:
Indianapolis 1
Tulsa 1
OKC 2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:35 am 
Duke Bronson

Campaign ribbons are ready, just need to assemble them for you all... please give me one more day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:25 am 

Dom, this stuff is phenomenal... thank you for all of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:57 pm 

Devildog wrote:

If you mean the one with the stars, that's Tampa. And I agree, I need to get down there for an event, too! :)

Thanks, Dom!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:00 pm 
Just a grunt...

Kudos Dom.

Great idea and follow through.

Your hard work, I'm sure, is most appreciated.

Many TKS.

VBR,
Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:22 pm 

Treadwell wrote:
Devildog wrote:

If you mean the one with the stars, that's Tampa. And I agree, I need to get down there for an event, too! :)

Thanks, Dom!

D'oh! My mistake...

Man, NecronomiCon is in Tampa next month.... what's the basic requirement for qualifying for a drop ribbon? I wonder if I can get something... anything... together by then...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:24 pm 
Too Pretty to Die

Wear a Marine costume at a con right? That's why I'm thinking of taking mine to Cleveland next month.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:42 pm 
Duke Bronson

Let's maintain the integrity of this system.... when in uniform, you need to represent the Colonial Marines at the con. No streaking in your USCM T-Shirt to get a ribbon... :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:44 pm 
Too Pretty to Die

Hell I'm doing that right now at home...

I figured. Good enough reason to pack my uniform and give a panel on Aliens...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1662 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 67  Next