The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1954 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:35 am 
GarageGeek

sulaco steel also has a great instagram page

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:21 pm 

Hi everyone,

I came here to discuss and learn about recreating the prisoners and staff costumes from Alien 3. I stumbled across the forum while doing searches on the costumes. I had no idea that there'd be other people out there who are also interested in recreating and wearing these costumes. It was a very pleasant surprise. I honestly couldn't even believe my eyes. I'd been reading the threads on this subject before I decided to join the forum.

I am happy to be here.

Schreiber

“It's stenciled on the back of your shorts.“

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:59 am 
GarageGeek

Schreiber you came here at a great time, there are a lot of Alien3 things going on right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:06 am 

That’s great to hear!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:08 pm 
Mercenary

That’s just because Alien 3 ist the best Alien movie... ;-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:55 pm 

Controversial opinion!

Post subject: Re: Introduce yourself
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:50 pm 

Hello, my name is Steve Deleeuw. from North Carolina. I'm 30 years old. been loving Aliens since I was introduced to it as a kid in Jr High back in 2003 or so.
I have two Spat Cave Colonial Marine armors one for that I'm making my own full helmet with shoulder lamp once I get the mounting bracket and figure out how to mount it. I did custom graffiti on the armor but I based my name on Harrison from AVP 2. Loved that game growing up and still do! but I may change it and base my marines name after my favorite character from the Galaxy's Edge novels. My GF has her Vasquez (after Hive ambush) and we plan to take the second armor kit and make it her Teresa "Tequila" Aquila from AVP 2010. we've only done.
I have a Hollywood Collectible Pulse Rifle, but I'd love to get a Flame Thrower. That's about it from me at this time. Hope to meet you all soon someday and troop with you at Dragon-Con on any Con in the future.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:42 am 
Prop Churner Outer

Service Number: A03/TQ1.0.12143G1
Welcome Steve!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:55 pm 

Welcome!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:41 am 

Hi everyone !

I’m Frank and i’m from Quebec. Long time alien fan. Got into cosplay 5 years ago with Star Wars and always wanted to make a colonial marine. Built my first M41 last year to kill time at the start of the pandemic. Now building a second one and decided to start building the entire costume. Currently shopping for the armor. Happy to soon be a part of the colonial marines.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:00 pm 
dropship mechanic

Service Number: A12/TQ0.0.62144G1
Hello all,

So I walk out of a movie theater in 1986 with my dad having just seen Aliens. Felt like I literally just got off a roller coaster. I remember telling him I wanted to join the Marines (I was 13), being former Army, he said something along the lines of “no you don’t, and those guys acted nothing like real Marines.” So of course, 9 years later I graduated boot camp at Paris Island and 20 years after that, retired from the real life USMC. Point I’m making is this movie really affected me in a positive way, and I still enjoy learning more about the Alien universe and behind the scenes stuff as well. I’m getting my 2 boys into it as well, they’ve seen the first two movies, and we just ordered our first Matrix M-41As (appreciate the reference threads,BTW). I also have two of the old Halcyon Dropship and APC model kits which I plan on building with them someday. Oh almost forgot- my first name is Sean.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:59 pm 
reload

Service Number: A03/TQ3.0.12136E1
Welcome Steve, Frank and Sean! :delta:

GERCM - Executive Officer (XO)
UKCM Foreign Legion: The Deviant Dragoons

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:55 am 
Longest serving USCM

Service Number: A11/TQ1.0.82140E1
Hi All. I know I’m not on here much, but I have been getting involved again with the Aliens Franchise on the Facebook pages (USS Sulaco and Weyland Yutani corp)
For those of you who don’t know me I was one of tne first colonial Marines at Alien War london from Sept 1993, I became friendly with Harry Harris who was working there and a year or so later Harry asked if I would travel to Colchester on a day off to wear his screen used Hudson costume and Armour. This was for the Colonial Marine Technical manual by Lee Brimacombe-wood.
I stayed at Alien war until May 1994 just after my Father passed away , Terry English asked if I would like to travel to LA to help him at tne San Bernardino Renaissance fair while his son Glenn was racing at the Isle of Man TT.
I realised I should be doing something else and after a couple of months got work and AnyEffects ( then in Wimbledon) I worked on London’s burning, soldier soldier, commercials , pop promos ( videos) and some
tV films such as 20,000 leagues under the sea, doing atmospheric, physical and mechanical effects , this led on to some very big films freelancing, as well as 7 years as senior technician at Artem in Perivale . I retired from Film Special effects and Armoury in August 2017 to be house father for my two younger daughters but still teach part time at 2 universities on their Special Effects and Model making degree courses. I no longer have my marine armour made in mid 1993 and sold the last of my kit to two of the main guys in the lGerman Coloial Marines. I still have my repro frost T shirt from 1994 that we sold at Alien war for stephen Lane of Propstore and an original that was from a Bapty’s Armourer ,he told me that the Peace Through Superior Firepower shirts were made by them for the Bapty’s Armoury crew and James Cameron loved them and had Rico Ross wear one for the canteen scene .
Any way I do still keep my ear to the ground from time to time. It’s great you guys keep all this going. Well done to all of you!
All the best
Doug
http://m.imdb.com/name/nm0565118/Think

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:09 am 
Longest serving USCM

Bizoil72 wrote:
Hello all,

So I walk out of a movie theater in 1986 with my dad having just seen Aliens. Felt like I literally just got off a roller coaster. I remember telling him I wanted to join the Marines (I was 13), being former Army, he said something along the lines of “no you don’t, and those guys acted nothing like real Marines.” So of course, 9 years later I graduated boot camp at Paris Island and 20 years after that, retired from the real life USMC. Point I’m making is this movie really affected me in a positive way, and I still enjoy learning more about the Alien universe and behind the scenes stuff as well. I’m getting my 2 boys into it as well, they’ve seen the first two movies, and we just ordered our first Matrix M-41As (appreciate the reference threads,BTW). I also have two of the old Halcyon Dropship and APC model kits which I plan on building with them someday. Oh almost forgot- my first name is Sean.

Hey Sean,
I was friends with the US Mari es embassy guard in London 32 years ago, great times. It’s great you have your boys involved now too! Who would have thought we would all be doing this looking back to 1986! I had just finished my Apprenticeship at Rolls Royce on their military Has turbine engines for helicopters. I diddnt getting see Aliens until 1989 so had missed it on the Big screen until I saw an Alien/Aliens double in 1994. Good to have you here and look forward to seeing your Armor build

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:07 am 
Longest serving USCM

Schreiber wrote:
That’s great to hear!

Did you find much info on the Alien 3 costumes?
I know many of them were made by Peter Botwright of then Leather Consesionaires ( now westead leather) he told me they had put loads of oil and dirt on them and then buried them in soil

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:07 pm 

Hey everyone. Finally joined the board!

From the United States, specifically southern California! Looking at putting a full kit together as time and money make themselves available.

Saw Aliens as a kid and it literally led me to join the USMC for eight years, haha. Very happy to be here! Hoping to head to cons once the COVID bit resolves itself.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:26 pm 

Service Number: A12/TQ0.0.72232E1
Hey guys, name is Calvin and I'm in Montreal, Canada. Currently working on a pulse rifle and just got my hands on a vacformed armour kit. Looking forward to working on this!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:23 am 

Hello everyone,

I have been a long time observer/reader from beyond the fence of this forum, but finally was nudged to join :)
I became fascinated with ALIEN since watching it at 9yo with my grandparents (Not sure how they allowed this :shock: ). Ever since then as I matured this film has steadily moved up the ranks of my most favourite film chart. It sits very firmly and comfortably at No.1, but very close after it is ALIENS, mainly for the development and building on of the Ripley character.

Recently due to the pandemic, I have found myself with way too much time on my hands, so I took deep dive into the Nostromo's crew uniforms. Most notably I made a reproduction of the goldwork metallic wings that Dallas and Kane wear on their shirts and jackets. This was a small part of my OCD self wanting to have a perfect replica pair of wings on my Dallas or Kane jacket. The next step obviously for me was to take on the crew shirt which has grown and become a project run on the RPF.

Anyways, this is me in a nutshell, thank you for having me!
Adam

http://www.nostromocrew.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:04 am 
GarageGeek

hell yeah man, Welcome

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:01 am 

seven wrote:
hell yeah man, Welcome

Thank you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:32 am 
Prop Churner Outer

Service Number: A03/TQ1.0.12143G1
Hey Adam! Nice to see you over here!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:11 pm 
AKKURAZI

Welcome Adam - you have come to the right place.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:45 pm 

retrogarde wrote:
Hey Adam! Nice to see you over here!

You to my friend!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:03 pm 

Well hello all. I have been lurking here on and off for a bit. Decided to register so I could observe any for sale threads for Motion Tracker items. And I can't seem to find a forum dedicated to that. Could anyone point me in the correct direction?

I mainly make StarWars props but have halway made a Xeno stasis tank with water and I am working on a Motion Tracker.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:25 pm 
Mobile Mayhem

Service Number: A10/TQ1.O.32157E1
EvanDallas wrote:
Well hello all. I have been lurking here on and off for a bit. Decided to register so I could observe any for sale threads for Motion Tracker items. And I can't seem to find a forum dedicated to that. Could anyone point me in the correct direction?

I mainly make StarWars props but have halway made a Xeno stasis tank with water and I am working on a Motion Tracker.

Welcome to the board, officially :delta:

Hang around and make a few meaningful posts/comments on threads and you'll unlock the ability to access the Base PX subforum - where you can buy/sell. Don't worry, the post count threshold is pretty low - its just to ensure we don't get any spam or people who post and leave

Read the AL Charter Rules & Regulations: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1i3gd9QUyIqI_6rfk8kpxspbKU-JT4MBAjLPxfCkvGJ8

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1954 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79  Next