The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: What this forum is about?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 11:46 am 
Airsoft Aliens weapons, plain and simple. Where to buy them, how to modify them, are they any good. This forum is for all the mebers who want a PR that SHOOTS but does not relish serious jail time to get it!:)

cheers

Tony
When you are out of Pulse Rifles, you are out of Weapons!

Post subject: Re: What this forum is about?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 1:04 am 
I'll just take a moment to advertise this here, seeing as it would be as best a place as ever. Please visit my site, www.uscmairsoft.com , and take a look around. I'm a full-time Airsoft fanatic, and I set this team up not long ago to meld my love of the Colonial Marines with the sport of Airsoft.
Ryan Chorzempa
Veritas necnon decus, etiam valedico.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 1:06 am 
Exactly Rydiak. Airsoft is such a popular thing on the board now, I felt it best to give it its own forum.

Cheers

Tony

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 1:31 am 
And it was a good idea too. Airsoft has really grown by leaps and bounds in the U.S. in just the past 2 years alone. I'm glad this forum is another place to let it grow.
Ryan Chorzempa

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 1:39 am 
To give credit where it is due, it was Guardian Matsuo who suggested it. I definitely agree that it is worth putting it all in one place for thse who have a big interest, plus it makes it easy for new members to find out about the sport, specifically as applied to Aliens weapons.

Perhaps you could start a new thread telling a little about your club and interests in airsoft?

Cheers

Tony

Post subject: Hong Kong Made PR Kits
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 1:53 am 
MAA chiming in. Nice forum and a darn good idea. Well, might as well post some words on purchasing Hong Kong made PR kits. For your reference -- as of this writing there are three (03) kits made: Two of them appear very similar and could in fact be moulded off an Icons PR (look at the shrouds and make your own judgement) -- these being the ones from G&P (makers of various custom AS products) and DENTrinity (quite a large AS operation with a very nice show room on Kwan Wa Street in Mong Kok, Kowloon and makers of various custom AS products). The third kit has been put out by Airsoftclub, an on-line operation only. As I have done the Aliens Archive EZBoard, I will caution those who are interested in buying these kits some common sense of not sending cash or cash equivalent under any circumstance. In the event of non-delivery, you would have no recourse.:)

Post subject: Re: Hong Kong Made PR Kits
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 2:39 am 
Hey MAA. Let me assure you that Airsoft Club, Den Trinity, WarGameClub, Airsoft Shop, and a few other Hong Kong or Tokyo based retailers are all extremely reliable and very helpful. Myself as well as the hundreds of other Airsofters like me all trust their businesses, but hesistence is always a good thing such as you pointed out. Also, in regards to the M41A Den Trinity is offering, I believe it to be the same as the G&P model. Several retailers have been selling G&P model M41As under different distributor names, and Den might be doing the same. I know that the "ARMOUR M41A" at WarGameClub is the same as the G&P model, and several other shops are doing similar things.
Ryan Chorzempa

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 2:49 am 
I'm anxious to see if any stateside AS retailers will be getting large quantitys for sales/distribution. This might lessen some of those fears MAA brought to light.

BUT I believe that some stateside retailers often advertise product they dont have and wait for demand to justify a big order before they import. All the while they got your money...AND if the importer or supplier fails them then well youre in the same boat as with dealing direct with asian suppliers.

The cautious line:
For the moment I would suggest giong with cash and carry deals at cons and things untill the supply builds up and the apparent top dog in this little game shows himself..;)

The Carefree line:
Buy one now...do it what are ya chicken?..Put somne cash in an envelope and send off .:lol:

Matt

[img]http://www.image-hosting.net/images/messageboard/knightshayd/lstsoulsbanner.gif]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 2:50 am 
Hi Rydiak,

It's a bid confusing the way it works with Airsoft developers in Hong Kong. The community is small and everyone knows each other. The situation is similar to cartels. Some of them will get together and pool their resources to make a particular product. Others of them will follow one another with competing products.

G&P for example, is a brand that is supported by several known Airsoft sellers and has put out a variety of custom AS products and have thus become well known by players.

DENTrinity -- is one of the larger AS shops located on Kwan Wa Street in Mong Kok (AS Central)

But you are correct. G&P (the kit with the ridiculous red 12 gauge shot gun shell attached to the SPAS-12 ejector port) is sold by various shops to include GUNS-N-GUYS. DENTrinity is trying to get their version of the same gun out. There is some indication that they were jointly developed and in fact look very similar.

Airsoftclub --

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 2:56 am 
Thanks for clarifying that Den M41A for me, MAA. As for a state-side distributor of M41A, check out Airsoft Extreme. The guys there are awesome, and can also get you anything you need if they don't have it. Tell Andrew that Ryan Chorzempa sent you.
Ryan Chorzempa

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 3:00 am 
Guys, could you break this out into a seperate thread? Good stuff, but the point of this thread is a GENERAL intro.

Cheers

Tony

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 3:04 am 
Hehe, you got it.
Ryan Chorzempa

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]