The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: Snow Wolf PR parts list
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 4:49 am 

Service Number: A10/TQ0.0.82146E1
Anyone got a part number list for the Snow Wolf Pulse Rifle? Am interested especially in the part numbers for the shroud ...

Post subject: Re: Snow Wolf PR parts list
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 10:01 am 

septic wrote:
Anyone got a part number list for the Snow Wolf Pulse Rifle? Am interested especially in the part numbers for the shroud ...

You and about half of the people on this website.

The only replacement parts that I have seen reference for the body of the Snow Wolf model are:

1) The lower mag cover
2) The grenade launcher pump action handle
3) The ammo counter electrical kit
4) The US compliant orange barrel caps

You may be able to contact Snow Wolf to see of they can help but I have yet to find a contact point for Snow Wolf Customer Service, or any other POC for them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 8:00 pm 

I own a snow wolf and a matrix. They are very different believe it or not. Matrix pulse rifle’s are not snow wolf pulse rifle’s with a new name. They are manufactured differently with different parts. Even the colors are different.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 11:59 pm 

Service Number: A10/TQ0.0.82146E1
Aaah right! I totally thought Matrix was just SW re-branded. Cheers for clearing that up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 2:14 am 

Service Number: A11/TQ2.0.92142G1
Ahhhh no. Matrix is a rebrand of snow wolf im afraid! Even though its aready been proven i would like to see your comparison pics as to why they are so different.

Last edited by stimpy on Sat May 30, 2020 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 3:29 pm 

stimpy wrote:
Ahhhh no matrix is a rebrand of snow wolf im afraid! Even though its aready been proven i would like to see your comparison pics as to why they are so different.

I’ve opened up my Matrix PR, and the inside of the shrouds are even marked as Snow Wolf product.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 7:46 pm 

Yes i know the matrix has the snow wolf branding inside of the shrouds as it has come up in topic years ago! That and they are identical! Which is why i was asking for comparison pics as apparently matrix and snow wolf are "very different".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 2:21 pm 

Both of these are green models. Lighter colored one is snow wolf darker one is matrix. The next big difference is pull the slide back on the fake charging handle you will see the matrix has upgraded internals and a brass covering. The snow wolf it’s all silver and stock. Third different is the 9 V battery connector for the digital counter is bulky and black on the snow wolf. Matrix uses a low profile blue plug so it doesn’t rub against the bottom of the mag cover.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 2:23 pm 

I personally called Evike to confirm all of this. They give away the snow wolf Pulse rifles in there mystery boxes because they can’t legally sell them. If you order a matrix pulse rifle you get their upgraded version that they have built and manufactured.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 2:24 pm 

Comparison pic

3742F505-5617-4741-A8C8-1D9E9A89DE36.jpeg
3742F505-5617-4741-A8C8-1D9E9A89DE36.jpeg [ 261.18 KiB | Viewed 5169 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 2:26 pm 

At first I thought this was just a matter of one being a tan colored and one being a green colored but after calling Evike they confirm that the snow wolf is in fact also OD green.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 8:54 pm 

Those pulse rifles are identical. Thanks for clearing that up!

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 1:42 am 

Strikah wrote:
I personally called Evike to confirm all of this. They give away the snow wolf Pulse rifles in there mystery boxes because they can’t legally sell them. If you order a matrix pulse rifle you get their upgraded version that they have built and manufactured.

Did Evike say what they meant by “upgraded”, I have both a Matrix boxed PR (OD) and a Snow Wolf boxed PR (also OD); the only difference that I could see is that the Snow Wolf comes with foam inner packaging, and the Matrix was cardboard. The gearbox internals seemed the same, FPS was equivalent, inner barrels are the same length brass. Color was even the same.

Not sure what would be different.

Also, I wouldn’t know why Evike would get Snow Wolf built PRs that they couldn’t be able to sell, as the make frequent orders and restocks from Snow Wolf for the kits/replicas, as they shouldnt he shipped unsellable product from its supplier.

I can understand the “Chronoblaster” being unsellable for copyright/trademarks, but Evike already sells PRs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:39 am 
GarageGeek

one detail i noticed. I have the matrix, and the matrix branded manual. Inside the shrounds in the manual, there are slightly different plastic channels and odds n ends. I'd guess that the snowwolf version is whats pictured in the manual, and at some point they found that wires were wearing out due to something like maybe the sliding stock, so they just did a couple adjustments. totally a guess though.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:27 am 

seven wrote:
one detail i noticed. I have the matrix, and the matrix branded manual. Inside the shrounds in the manual, there are slightly different plastic channels and odds n ends. I'd guess that the snowwolf version is whats pictured in the manual, and at some point they found that wires were wearing out due to something like maybe the sliding stock, so they just did a couple adjustments. totally a guess though.

I am at a loss why Evike would buy the Snow Wolf branded PR’s if they couldn’t/wouldn’t sell them, unless they were mis-ships from Snow Wolf and they decided it was cheaper to just credit them and not let the be retailed than to pay for RMR’ing them.

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:57 pm 

Service Number: A05/TQ2.0.32141E1
Whamhammer wrote:
seven wrote:

I am at a loss why Evike would buy the Snow Wolf branded PR’s if they couldn’t/wouldn’t sell them, unless they were mis-ships from Snow Wolf and they decided it was cheaper to just credit them and not let the be retailed than to pay for RMR’ing them.

They may have a licensing or a specific c/d letter that limits what they can do.

Post subject: Re: Snow Wolf PR parts list
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:23 pm 

The only issue that I could see Snow Wolf having with with Evike selling actual "Snow Wolf" models would be that Snow Wolf may have granted a refund on the Snow Wolf models, being that something would make the replica non-compliant to some sort of Evike requirements, shipping back, via RMA would be too expensive for Snow Wolf, so they essentially are "scrapped" and not allowed to be directly "sold" but could be in a Box of Awesomeness.

I can't fathom as to what requirement failure that may be, except that the "Snow Wolf" ones may be sub-350 FPS with .20g bb's (UK and other low energy requirement nations), and that those versions are not meeting Canadian requirements of Exceeding 366 FPS w/.20g bb's, and therefore not able to be sold to the entire Evike market range; but I doubt that spec failure as well, which will be explained in the following paragraph.

I seriously doubt that Evike, actually takes the time to upgrade the Matrix brand replicas, especially for the price point that they usually sell them for ($269.00 - $349.00 USD), labor and parts would up the price point too much, for very little difference. I could see the specifying a difference spec' from Snow Wolf, to deliver to Evike though. I just chrono tested my Snow Wolf brand replica that I have had, fresh, in the box, and it ranged between 385-395 FPS with .20 gram BB's (yes, I actually still have a bone stock airsoft replica!). My Matrix Pulse Rifle originally chronoed at ~ 398 FPS with .20g BB's when I first got it ~ 6 years ago.

The Snow Wolf does have the silver cylinder (instead of brass on my Matrix) but has the same red piston (and I am sure the same, weak, motor); the OD Green may be a little different but that could be due to coloration differences between batches ( I am colorblind, and have issues detecting slight coloration differences, so I may be off on this.) Other than the "Matrix" titling on the shroud/barrel stay on the right-hand side, I don't really see a significant difference between the two. Every other difference than the "Martix" branding plate could be explained as variations in subcontinent stock, provided by multiple suppliers to Snow Wolf.