The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: Who Has Played Alien: Isolation what were your experiences
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 10:17 pm 
GarageGeek

Im putting this game in after over a year of not touching it. I'm totally lost, all I know is that I have a flame thrower and I'm shitting myself after 20 seconds of playing it. This has got to be the most tense and stressful videogame ever made. I hear its in VR now on PC. I would need a handle of scotch to play that. Also hearing that its out on the Nintendo switch, which seems great since you can play with headphones, in the dark or right on the toilet. I'm not a big fan of the first Alien film, I'm all about ALIENS,
but this is an incredible experience. Is there anyone here who hasn't played it? Anyone who's finished it? If youre a die hard fan of the first movie, you need to play this. Unless you have a heart condition. Maybe this game could help people who are going a little nuts in quarantine.

Article:
https://majamaki.com/2014/12/alien-isolation/

props from the game:

https://propnomicon.blogspot.com/2016/1 ... props.html

alienisolationxeno.jpg
alienisolationxeno.jpg [ 324.13 KiB | Viewed 6563 times ]

alienisolationcorridor.jpg
alienisolationcorridor.jpg [ 592.28 KiB | Viewed 6563 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 2:28 pm 

Service Number: A12/TQ1.0.32138E1
I'm only a couple of hours in, but I'm enjoying it so far. If any PC gamers want to give it a try, you can sign up for the XBox for PC beta for 5-10 dollars a month, and Isolation is included.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:23 am 

I hope you managed to get through this game.
I would never consider myself to be a hard-core gamer, but I am a gamer. I have been playing video games since my Commodore 16plus4 back in the late 80s.

My experience of Alien Isolation was one of the most amazing gaming experiences of my life. I rushed out and bought the game on release night, having spent the year prior watching the development video diaries from Creative Assembly and drooling at the prospect.
The game did not disappoint, but also scared the living hell out of me to a point where I could not play it.
I started playing this in the dark with headphones on. Even now, after playing through the entire game 3 times now, the moment when you first hear that wood-wind tone come through on the opening screen it sends a shiver down my spine and makes all my senses come alive. This is such an immersively beautiful and haunting game, I truly believe in my opinion (which is not worth much) that Alien Isolation is the greatest video game of all time.

Nick

Post subject: Re: Who Has Played Alien: Isolation what were your experienc
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:28 pm 
dropship mechanic

Service Number: A12/TQ0.0.62144G1
I just restarted this after getting stuck and not touching for over a year. About two hours in, sharing the experience with my boys now that they’re old enough to play. Completely immerses you into the Alien universe, then tries to either frustrate or scare the feces out of you every few minutes. I can’t imagine playing with headphones in the dark, but I’m going to give it a try soon. I love the original Alien, even saw it in the theater with my dad (at WAY too young of an age). It’s right up there with Aliens, just an obviously different kind of love. If Alien is the hot brunette librarian coming to a slow boil, Aliens is the Baywatch blond running on a beach.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:32 pm 
GarageGeek

man I agree. I hope they update this for PSVR. Though I doubt anyone could get very far.
Sure wish theyd do a sequel in the ALIENS setting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 8:44 pm 

I finally had this game arrive yesterday.
Thought to myself... "It's a video game... I've played a million of them. How bad can it really be?"

I have never turned off a game, due to the fear of continuing... Until last night.
And I'm only at Mission 5. Dr. Morley's keycard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2021 1:45 pm 
Galaxy-hopping garbage man

Mine was actually a little buggy. Alien often got caught on a table corner and just flipped out.
I need to validate files perhaps and reattempt, when I get a chance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:28 pm 

When I played it on release, I thought it was good. Did my playthrough and that was that. I then decided to play it again after getting heavily invested into the lore and everything on the first 2 movies and re-reeading all the Dark Horse Comics I had. And my word, to me, it's my favourite horror game of all time. The way they captured the settings, the atmosphere and the pure tension of the first movie is mind-blowing. The little details in the game and the environment are brilliant. I literally (well, when I'm not being stalked of course) can just slowly walk around the ship and the rooms and just see how much love and attention the developers put into the game.

I can only hope to try it out in VR. I'm sure that would be amazing.

Post subject: Re: Who Has Played Alien: Isolation what were your experienc
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:11 pm 

Just got an "Oculus Quest 2".
Downloaded MotherVR.
Isolation in full 360 Virtual Reality.
No Words.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 6:16 pm 
GarageGeek

wow, I wish I could do that on the playstation VR. Ive been thinking about how it would be in VR. probably not even possible without a few beers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:21 pm 
I like the sub game where you can explore the Nostromo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:50 am 
GarageGeek

oh that must be the DLC, I never got that. I sure wish theyd do an ALIENS dlc.