The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:40 am 

Service Number: A11/TQ2.0.92142G1
One mag adapter per mag base and mag so would need x5. No they wouldn't fit those mag pouches you have there.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:12 am 

stimpy wrote:
One mag adapter per mag base and mag so would need x5. No they wouldn't fit those mag pouches you have there.

The mag bases make it really impractical to carry around extra magazine’s, way too wide, thats why I cut a hole in one of my bases to slide Thompson midcaps into , I can then just use Thompson mag pouches to carry the mags.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:19 pm 

Where can I can that 3d printed guide rail for the mags I saw somewhere on here, who's selling them? And do you just epoxy it to inside the magwell and make sure it lines up right?

I guess the best way actually might be to slide it onto a mag, and put glue on one side of the rail extension (I think if you glued the whole back on, you wouldn't be able to take the green shell apart later on?

Anyway do that, slide the mag in so it locks in place, hold down firmly until the rail extension sticks, that way you know it's lined up perfectly.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:49 am 

paradoxum wrote:
Where can I can that 3d printed guide rail for the mags I saw somewhere on here, who's selling them? And do you just epoxy it to inside the magwell and make sure it lines up right?

I guess the best way actually might be to slide it onto a mag, and put glue on one side of the rail extension (I think if you glued the whole back on, you wouldn't be able to take the green shell apart later on?

Anyway do that, slide the mag in so it locks in place, hold down firmly until the rail extension sticks, that way you know it's lined up perfectly.

All I did was use a small amount of crazy glue one on side to keep mine in place.

Reread your PMs/Email, I told you where to go for the guide in there.

Last edited by Whamhammer on Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:31 am 

Whamhammer wrote:
paradoxum wrote:

All I did was use a small amount of crazy glue to keep mine in place.

Reread your PMs/Email, I told you where to go for the guide in there.

I must have missed it sorry, could you resend it please?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:11 pm 

Sorry to bump, but does anyone have the contact info of the guy who is doing the 3d-printed extended rail guides for the magwell?

Thanks,
para

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:26 am 

paradoxum wrote:
Sorry to bump, but does anyone have the contact info of the guy who is doing the 3d-printed extended rail guides for the magwell?

Thanks,
para

The guys name is Dynofiend.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:37 am 

Service Number: A10/TQ0.0.82146E1
Whamhammer wrote:

That'd be Matt, I'll ping him on msger for you (as I don't think he checks here frequently).

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:45 am 

septic wrote:
Whamhammer wrote:

That'd be Matt, I'll ping him on msger for you (as I don't think he checks here frequently).

Thanks guys

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:28 am 

Service Number: A10/TQ2.0.12140E1
Hello, sorry, don't often post on the board. Yup I can do you mag bases to fit your mags to the green PR bases so they're one unit. Best mod ever for people actually gaming their PR. Second best mod ever is the mag well extensions I can do too. They extend the Thompson mag rail to the bottom of the PR shroud so no fumbling around trying to locate the end of the rail anymore. I can also supply a 'joiner' for people who want to cut down a KA midcap to the correct length. I can manage to squeeze in about 90rds in an converted one. Could maybe get more if you were really keen but regretably I don't think you'd get 95 unless you were seriously ingenious.

Hit me up on email dynofiend@hotmail.com if you're interested

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:03 am 

dynofiend wrote:
Hello, sorry, don't often post on the board. Yup I can do you mag bases to fit your mags to the green PR bases so they're one unit. Best mod ever for people actually gaming their PR. Second best mod ever is the mag well extensions I can do too. They extend the Thompson mag rail to the bottom of the PR shroud so no fumbling around trying to locate the end of the rail anymore. I can also supply a 'joiner' for people who want to cut down a KA midcap to the correct length. I can manage to squeeze in about 90rds in an converted one. Could maybe get more if you were really keen but regretably I don't think you'd get 95 unless you were seriously ingenious.

Second best mod ever is the mag well extensions I can do too. They extend the Thompson mag rail to the bottom of the PR shroud so no fumbling around trying to locate the end of the rail anymore.

Thanks this is what I'm after! emailed.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:42 pm 

dynofiend wrote:

Matt, those mag rail extenders are fantastic; I really think you should contact Evike and offer to sell them a large batch as an accessory for the Pulse Rifle, you might be able to make some decent money off of it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:29 am 

Ordered a set from the guy and awaiting shipment, I can do some pics/video of installation too and post them here for posterity.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:24 am 

paradoxum wrote:
Ordered a set from the guy and awaiting shipment, I can do some pics/video of installation too and post them here for posterity.

If it helps, I glued the mag extender to one side of the magwell, to make disassembly of the gun easier.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 3:28 am 

Whamhammer wrote:
paradoxum wrote:

If it helps, I glued the mag extender to one side of the magwell, to make disassembly of the gun easier.

I did the same, only along with glue I also drilled some screw holes and screwed it down into one side to make it secure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 5:13 pm 

I attached a washer with a loop on the flat head screw that holds the U-bracket in the back of the pulse rifle. It’s very secure and isn’t pulling awkwardly on anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 12:01 am 

Service Number: A10/TQ0.0.82146E1
Sounds easy & good, Strikah. Wanna post up a pic please?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 1:06 am 

$2 from menards

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 1:10 am 

$2 from menards easy install

1EA7050B-6035-4F4D-8094-E39248266488.jpeg
1EA7050B-6035-4F4D-8094-E39248266488.jpeg [ 193.22 KiB | Viewed 3292 times ]

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 10:08 am 

Strikah wrote:

The problem with that setup is that you will find that the screw will not keep the piece from moving on the screw axis.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 7:58 pm 

Nope everything tightens down nice and tight I actually use this as a single point sling so all the pressure is even applied there and it still does not wobble or unscrew or rub

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 3:38 pm 

Strikah wrote:
Nope everything tightens down nice and tight I actually use this as a single point sling so all the pressure is even applied there and it still does not wobble or unscrew or rub

Well, good luck keeping it that way, theres nothing really working to secure it, long term; I’d probably use some blue Locktite to keep the bolt from backing out. Use of the sling is going to make the ring, and the bolt plate want to pull towards the direction where tension from sling pull will come from.

Theres a reason as to why sling mounts have two bolts, and not just one, or why QD sling mounts use ball bearing retainers, to allow the the sling mount to pivot and rotate inside the mounting point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 5:24 pm 

Clockwise threads with the pressure being applied clockwise would only encourage the bolt to tighten even more.