The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: Matrix pulse rifle ammo counter glitch!!!
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 1:16 am 

[list=][/list]

So just recently i noticed that if i slam a mag in nice and hard the ammo counter glitches and instead of going to 95 rounds it sometimes goes to 90, or 86, and other random numbers. If i insert softly it goes to 95 every time. Any idea what is going on??? ALSO if i look down the barrel where the bb sensor is i see 2 big globs on each side of the barrel that im assuming is glue? I havent noticed any bbs hitting off them yet but it looks like it could be an issue. Are they suppose to be there or can i chisel them off? I dont want to break the sensor. Check your guns for me and see if u have them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 1:36 am 

Service Number: A11/TQ2.0.92142G1
Hey. Those small lumps on either side down the barrel would be your light gate so please dont go trying to chisel them of as yo need them. The only thing i could guess is you have a bit of a dodgy connection to that light gate. Why do you feel you have to slam the mag in? How gentle do you need to be to get it to set at 95?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 4:26 am 

I scraped one of them last week before i realised what it was. Fortunately it still works with only 1 glob. Picks up every round still. So my question is are those globs apart pf the light gate or is it glue holding the light gate it place or protecting it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 8:11 pm 

Its clear plastic on the ends iicr. Theres no glue on them at all as its held in place in a plastic bracket inside the front barrel triangle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 8:18 pm 

Update. It looks like when shock is applied to the digital display area that’s when the numbers count down by mistake. So when I slide the magazine in, it lights up to 95 and when it slams into place it counts down to 94 from the shock. If I smack the side of the gun in that area where the numbers are it goes down again. Is this normal or would it be worth taking it Apart and re-solder things firmly?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 8:59 pm 

Its definitely not normal no. I have two snow wolfs and neither one do that. Thats your call if you want to open it up and take a look inside. That alone isn't a great deal of fun to do. You may not even be able to see the issue once you get in there. I guess it depends how much it bothers you. I probably would because it would annoy me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 12:01 am 

I took it apart again and everything seems to be soldered and secure. I added some foam padding around the board to absorb shock and the problem still exists. Ugh

Post subject: Re: Matrix pulse rifle ammo counter glitch!!!
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 2:16 am 

I just received mine several days ago. When I tap the switch i counts down or sometimes resets or turns off. Very annoying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 11:37 am 

If its new i would return it to where you bought it for a replacement. If it cant be returned then it sounds like its just a dodgy switch which isnt hard to replace.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 6:26 pm 

The hard part is finding the replacement switch. I don’t see any for sale on any website. Evike is looking into a special order for me but it’s not guaranteed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 7:03 pm 

I guess you mean the led counter switch in the mag well? If so its a common switch that can be found on ebay for pence. I had to change one a few years back and bought a pack of 5 i think and had no issues finding them!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 5:06 pm 

The problem seems to have gone away without any reasoning. I have to smack it hard enough to risk breaking it in order to glitch the counter now. Weird.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:57 am 
GarageGeek

strikah i had this problem. the small switch to turn on the counter is encased in a tiny switch box. mine was having issues from being loose , even though it dudnt feel loose. i squeezed the silver switch box with pliers, this made the switch a little tougher to move back and forth but it works perfect now. be warned. removing the shrouds is an absolute bitch. do it slowly with a butter knife. theres a piece in the upper back of the shroud that easily breaks if angled too much.