The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:02 pm 

Service Number: A12/TQ0.0.52149E1
I am not coming this this year can't afford but even when i return to Dcon i will never be doing the Parade again not only is it a physical unpleasant (walking in that heat in armour) but last year left a very unpleasant taste in my mouth. I do not ever be confused with real military.
The fact is the numbers have been falling off since i started attending in 2012. this is an old fandom with niche appeal some people have moved on some have not been made to feel welcome. So what are you doing to recruit new members?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:38 pm 
Perfect Organism

Service Number: A96/TQ1.8.34962E2
Agreed.

As a Xeno, the physical exertion and the health risk are a big factor. But the moment I heard that DCTV commentators (and others) misattributed us as real military, it felt weird so I couldn't do it again. Which I guess is a bit wrong-headed; if I made myself more conspicuous then maybe they'd have caught on?

Also - we are now a political (elected) group. I don't want that (and the sort of nastiness it can cause) to be part of my vacation in future years. So, if my Xenomorph wants to be at the photo-shoot then that's his choice but otherwise I'll make my own way at DCon.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:51 pm 
'Nuff said.

Service Number: A08/TQ0.0.12146E1
Big Stew wrote:
last year left a very unpleasant taste in my mouth. I do not ever be confused with real military.
The fact is the numbers have been falling off since i started attending in 2012. this is an old fandom with niche appeal some people have moved on some have not been made to feel welcome. So what are you doing to recruit new members?

Sorry you are letting someone's ignorance keep you from doing the parade. It is a convention. I and several others have been going to cons to recruit new members so I do not know what that is suppose to mean. How are your numbers over there? I know others just sit around and moan. That seems to be real popular just complaining. Just look at the numbers and you will see that DragonCon has doubled in just the last 10 years. It is like filling a 5lb bag with 10lbs. It is hot and extremely crowded. Let alone the hassle for new members to get rooms and attend.

Thanks!

Greg

UKCM
Shoot first, think never.
Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun.
SMMFD
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he doesn't exist.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:42 pm 

I'm afraid that Matt and I are going to be backing out as well. The heat really messed me up last year and I'm not confident of whether I'd be able to handle it any better.

I hope it goes well for everyone marching.

2. Skapunkninja
3. Rob Slater
4. Lottie Slater
8. Meganewt
9. wife of Meganewt
15. Sam

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:19 pm 
If found, please return to the Bar.

That's a shocking turnout.
I would suggest just canceling the parade rather than turning up with such poor numbers.

UKCM Black ops

Post subject: Re: 2019 DragonCon Parade List
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:18 pm 

Service Number: A08/TQ2.0.42136E1
Please see Message about the 2019 Parade

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:32 pm 
Expendable

Service Number: A05/TQ0.0.52155E1
1. Hunterkiller86
2. Skapunkninja
3. Rob Slater
4. Lottie Slater
5. Meganewt
6. wife of Meganewt
15. Sam

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:29 pm 
Expendable

Service Number: A05/TQ0.0.52155E1
Due to the lack of sign ups and us being less than a month out, unfortunately we have decided to cancel the parade this year. It seems this year is a light year for membership, and we plan on being in parade in the future. Thank you to those who signed up for this year. Hopefully we can re group and next year we will be back stronger than ever.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2