The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: LiPo in PEQ-mounted battery casing?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:57 am 

Recently added this PEQ-15 dummy battery case with working red laser to the barrel rail with a picatinny adapter.

https://i.imgur.com/GqYiIsa.jpg

There's also longer versions like this:

https://www.bullseyecountrysport.co.uk/ ... 0110-p.asp

Could I take the battery out the UGL slot and stick a better LiPo in there, is there enough space?

Dimensions of the smaller one:
Length: 70 mm
Width: 50 mm
Height: 18 mm

Larger:
Internal Size:
Length 140mm
Width 70mm
Depth 20mm

Can you get any LiPos that are better than a Nuprol 9.6v 1600mAH Ni-Mh stick battery?

If you could and I got one, would a simple adapter if I google like nimh power connector to lipo adapter and that'll be it, or do I need to add resistors anywhere or etc.

Thanks in advance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:26 am 

Service Number: A10/TQ0.0.82146E1
Dude, these questions are probably better posted on Arnies airsoft forum, yeah?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:03 pm 

Isn't this the airsoft subcategory? I've never heard of that place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:29 am 

Service Number: A11/TQ2.0.92142G1
Take a look here for small lipo batterys https://www.componentshop.co.uk/batteri ... s/74v.html
You dont need anything extra to run a lipo just plug it in! Although you will need som kind of mini tamya extention lead

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:39 pm 

stimpy wrote:
Take a look here for small lipo batterys https://www.componentshop.co.uk/batteri ... s/74v.html
You dont need anything extra to run a lipo just plug it in! Although you will need som kind of mini tamya extention lead

Alright, any idea what gauge etc the wires in the gun are by the way? The battery wires in the barrel are starting to split and one of the pins comes out of the connector, want to get maybe some thicker / tougher ones.

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:27 pm 

paradoxum wrote:
stimpy wrote:

Alright, any idea what gauge etc the wires in the gun are by the way? The battery wires in the barrel are starting to split and one of the pins comes out of the connector, want to get maybe some thicker / tougher ones.

I believe the gun has 20 gauge, but there no reason why you cant run 18 or 16 gauge.

I ran the wiring out of the shroud portion, just before the grenade launcher part, to my PEQ mounted on the barrel vent, put a wire loom on the wire to protect it. I run a Gate Warfet, so I wanted easy access to the mosfet to do any protramming that I want, so I have the battery, the mosfet, and I converted the 20 Amp automotive fuse to a 25 Amp Mini Automotive fuse, also in the PEQ for easy changing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:59 am 

Thanks, I think I'm just gonna change the wires and do some tidying up in the UGL area so I can fit batteries in easier without scraping the wires, the spring on the cap is damn strong.

Rather than make a new topic, I was thinking of ways to make inserting a new mag easier since the guide rail is so far up in the magwell, and stumbled upon these on aliexpress: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32908785875.html if you got the measurements right, and just glued on the guide rail on the inside of the magwell with gorilla glue or something, should make reloading a lot better yeah?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:31 pm 

paradoxum wrote:
Thanks, I think I'm just gonna change the wires and do some tidying up in the UGL area so I can fit batteries in easier without scraping the wires, the spring on the cap is damn strong.

Rather than make a new topic, I was thinking of ways to make inserting a new mag easier since the guide rail is so far up in the magwell, and stumbled upon these on aliexpress: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32908785875.html if you got the measurements right, and just glued on the guide rail on the inside of the magwell with gorilla glue or something, should make reloading a lot better yeah?

PM a guy named dynofiend on this site, he has a 3D printed guide that is spot on, and will save you a lot of heartache, if you can get a hold of him. He lives in New Zealand, so its a bit of a distance but the guy has his ducks in a row for the mag guide on out guns.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:36 pm 

septic wrote:
Dude, these questions are probably better posted on Arnies airsoft forum, yeah?

Why? There are some people on this area that actually have working knowledge of the M41A Pulse Rifle replicas, right here. The guys here are going to come up with solutions unique to this application, while the average airsoft guy is going to shrug his/her shoulders and say “shoulda bought a M4/AK.”

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:57 am 

Service Number: A10/TQ0.0.82146E1
Yes agreed, but if you're asking questions about lipos in PEQ boxes, your point's a bit moot. Look, not meaning to put you off posting here, was [ultimately] intended as a helpful suggestion.
Apologies for basically posting the above twice (posting on phone & thought the 1st had failed to post /"lost it" ).

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:44 pm 

septic wrote:
Yes agreed, but if you're asking questions about lipos in PEQ boxes, your point's a bit moot. Look, not meaning to put you off posting here, was [ultimately] intended as a helpful suggestion.
Apologies for basically posting the above twice (posting on phone & thought the 1st had failed to post /"lost it" ).

I’m not grumped or anything, so no need to apologize. Point being that there are people that are here that can field the questions, especially since its pertaining to using the items on these guns.

The guy with the Arcturus AK disassembly question was asking for something probably outside of most peoples wheelhouse here though, as it is a specific model and I don't know how well received the Arcturus line has been to the market or if it differs from other AKs in any major way or not, guessing it was as there are tons of Youtube videos (Im sure) for traditional AK airsoft disassembly.