The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Snow wolf/matrix Pulse rifle upgrades
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:17 pm 

Damster117 wrote:
Shelby- The shrouds have five steel pins holding them together which need to be gently prised apart. Take care as it's easy to do damage to the soft plastic of the shrouds.

My now seemingly rare 27mm moscart arrived in the post today (i decided that the shotgun shells weren't ideal as you need to keep buying replacement caps and paper plugs). Just offered it up to the GL to see how it looks size wise.

Ok so it won't fit through the front opening as it is

But fits inside if you open up the GL casing

Not much room inside though for a trigger mechanism; and the ejection port slide won't have room to slide fully closed

That's as far forward as it goes!

Looks like this may be quite tricky to do! Obviously the racking mechanism will have to be moved or replaced altogether to make room. I'm hoping Noble chimes in with a few tips at this point!

From the UK here - is there any chance in the world I can acquire a steel spas-12 cage for the mod?

Thanks,
para

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:55 pm 

Service Number: A12/TQ0.0.52149E1
if you get sufficient post count you can get access the classified section a guy sells them from time to time but they are a couple hundred quid now.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:10 pm 

Big Stew wrote:
if you get sufficient post count you can get access the classified section a guy sells them from time to time but they are a couple hundred quid now.

eesh! saying that I would probably end up paying it...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:29 pm 

Crazy Horse wrote:
birdie wrote:
I modded a bunch of stuff on my Snow Wolf. Spas cage was replaced with a real one, added a JW Tulsa ten hole vent, resculpted the horrible square end caps on the shroud, replaced the counter with a Majenko wired to the gearbox and added a sling ring on the stock.

I made an aluminium grenade on the lathe, which I wanted to function as the shotgun shell does in the Snow Wolf. Since I replaced the grenade launcher with a real Spas, I had to create a custom mechanism so the pump slides back to show the grenade, and to hold the batteries. Added GL trigger.

Finally the shroud was resprayed with a BB matched paint, a red acylic window added to the counter, and I added a Noble mag-base lock, modified so the black tabs are located on the shround and not the base.

How did you wire up the mejenko ammo counter unit? I just purchased one myself and am in the process of installing it. Any help would be greatly appreciated good sir :) Also where in the heck did you find a 10 hole vent??? You lucky devil!

What's the purpose of changing the ammo counter?

Also, I don't suppose anyone is offering modding services for a price? Like, send them your gun, they do the work, ship it back, etc.?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:13 pm 
THAT guy

Service Number: A03/TQ2.0.02146E1
paradoxum wrote:

If you change the barrel vent to a more accurate one, you lose the stock over-sized 'triangle' that holds the sensor that tracks rounds (which makes the counter function). With no where to put the sensor, you basically lose function of the counter if you change the vent. Adding a majenko counter at least maintains the count-down function when the trigger is pulled (even though it no longer actually senses rounds)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:32 pm 

bigbisont wrote:
paradoxum wrote:

If you change the barrel vent to a more accurate one, you lose the stock over-sized 'triangle' that holds the sensor that tracks rounds (which makes the counter function). With no where to put the sensor, you basically lose function of the counter if you change the vent. Adding a majenko counter at least maintains the count-down function when the trigger is pulled (even though it no longer actually senses rounds)

Ah ok, so it's basically just a way to keep the counter working like stock after modding the vent, it doesn't actually count the ammo any better or anything? Right

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:37 am 

paradoxum wrote:
bigbisont wrote:
paradoxum wrote:

Ah ok, so it's basically just a way to keep the counter working like stock after modding the vent, it doesn't actually count the ammo any better or anything? Right

Correct, personally, I doubt that one person in a thousand would even notice that its not accurate enough, and it wouldnt be too hard to make a midcap to feed 95 rounds, so I thing the sensor is the better feature to have, versus a “correct” barrel vent.

Also, the longest “standard” length inner barrel that the Pulse Rifle can use before blocking the sensor is a 300mm ( I think a custom made 330-340mm would work). I tried a 363mm inner barrel and it went a little past the sensor.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:48 am 

Whamhammer wrote:
Correct, personally, I doubt that one person in a thousand would even notice that its not accurate enough, and it wouldnt be too hard to make a midcap to feed 95 rounds, so I thing the sensor is the better feature to have, versus a “correct” barrel vent.

Also, the longest “standard” length inner barrel that the Pulse Rifle can use before blocking the sensor is a 300mm ( I think a custom made 330-340mm would work). I tried a 363mm inner barrel and it went a little past the sensor.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B010M2D0LG/ is this what I should get to replace the inner barrel?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:42 pm 

paradoxum wrote:
Whamhammer wrote:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B010M2D0LG/ is this what I should get to replace the inner barrel?

Thats what I would recommend, in a 300mm length but wow, things are expensive over there, I pay the equivalent of 28 pounds sterling for the same barrel.

Be sure to get a good bucking and a flat hop nub to go with it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:38 am 

Service Number: A10/TQ0.0.82146E1
Whamhammer wrote:
" ... but wow, things are expensive over there ... "

Yup! Why aren't you buying from somewhere local? https://www.fire-support.co.uk/search.php?search=6.03mm&cat=&manufacturer=54&stock=1&stpos=0&no_per_pg=30

Or better yet via HK, that's gonna be a better price even with postage to the UK, although I don't know what airsoft parts imports are like into the UK ...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:43 pm 

septic wrote:
Whamhammer wrote:

Yup! Why aren't you buying from somewhere local? https://www.fire-support.co.uk/search.php?search=6.03mm&cat=&manufacturer=54&stock=1&stpos=0&no_per_pg=30

Or better yet via HK, that's gonna be a better price even with postage to the UK, although I don't know what airsoft parts imports are like into the UK ...

None of the UK stores ever come up when I google for things so unless I know the site already I probably won't find it, I just check amazon/ebay/ali/google etc and try and find the cheapest.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:37 am 

paradoxum wrote:
septic wrote:
Whamhammer wrote:

None of the UK stores ever come up when I google for things so unless I know the site already I probably won't find it, I just check amazon/ebay/ali/google etc and try and find the cheapest.

You guys on that side of the pond might have access to ZCI inner barrels, they are also a good brand and not too pricey.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:22 am 
NZCM "Bug Stompers"

Service Number: A06/TQ1.0.12144E1
bigbisont wrote:
paradoxum wrote:

Is there anything to stop you from using SD parts to upgrade the triangle, barrel vent and stock?

I am thinking of doing these (partially cosmetic, mainly because of mounting a sling), if it is viable. The downside, is that I would like to retain skirmishing abilities...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:10 am 

Service Number: A11/TQ2.0.92142G1
No theres nothing stopping you, i think the snow wolf barrel might be to thick for an sd triangle though but you would obviously lose the round counter function

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:00 am 
NZCM "Bug Stompers"

Service Number: A06/TQ1.0.12144E1
Would the SD stock fit, or is there some work required?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:23 pm 

prev wrote:
bigbisont wrote:
paradoxum wrote:

Is there anything to stop you from using SD parts to upgrade the triangle, barrel vent and stock?

I am thinking of doing these (partially cosmetic, mainly because of mounting a sling), if it is viable. The downside, is that I would like to retain skirmishing abilities...

I dont know why everyone thinks that the way SD, and others set up sling mounts is the only and best way to do that. Look at the other forum threads where picatinny rails and qd sling mountsare used; they tatain full functionality of the gun, and wont do damage to it either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:07 pm 

Service Number: A11/TQ2.0.92142G1
I think alot of folks want to keep their pr's how they looked in the movie without adding rails and things it didnt have. Well thats my view on it anyway!
On my first pr i used wire clamps (like a small u bolt) on the vent and rear stock which just bolt on in through the vent slots and worked fine. The second pr has a wire clamp on the vent with an sd studios stock. It fits but does requires slots to be cut in so it still slides. While at it i removed the original stock button and done the stock button mod which is much better as hidden underneath an feels solid in comparison.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:57 am 

stimpy wrote:
I think alot of folks want to keep their pr's how they looked in the movie without adding rails and things it didnt have. Well thats my view on it anyway!
On my first pr i used wire clamps (like a small u bolt) on the vent and rear stock which just bolt on in through the vent slots and worked fine. The second pr has a wire clamp on the vent with an sd studios stock. It fits but does requires slots to be cut in so it still slides. While at it i removed the original stock button and done the stock button mod which is much better as hidden underneath an feels solid in comparison.

And for something that is just for show, the “movie way” is fine but skirmishing with that set is only going on a one way trip to poor sling ergonomics when holding “at the ready”, and a cracked up rear portion of the plastic shroud.

I need to get a hold of Neill Blomkamp, and get him back track for Alien 5, and have him get that updated pulse rifle with a better sling setup, to save everyones poor Airsoft Pulse Rifles from unnecessary wear and tear :)

I will say that I love what he did with the PR in that one picture, with the Eotec and the PEQ box, it looked outstanding, and like something a hi-tech soldier would be using.

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:36 pm 

Whamhammer wrote:
stimpy wrote:
I will say that I love what he did with the PR in that one picture, with the Eotec and the PEQ box, it looked outstanding, and like something a hi-tech soldier would be using.

Are those the pics in the first page? This is my sling setup topic; viewtopic.php?f=4&t=18213&start=25

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:48 pm 

bigbisont wrote:
http://forum.alienslegacy.com/download/file.php?id=15213&mode=view

where can I get this kind of faux grenade to replace the shotgun shell?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:28 pm 

paradoxum wrote:
bigbisont wrote:

I see them on eBay all the time.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:31 pm 

Whamhammer wrote:
paradoxum wrote:
bigbisont wrote:

I see them on eBay all the time.

Thanks but what are they called exactly? I wanna make sure it fits and everything.

Thanks again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:11 am 

Service Number: A10/TQ0.0.82146E1
SD was / is still making grenades, msg him via ebay - https://www.ebay.com/str/sd-studios

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:03 am 

paradoxum wrote:
Thanks but what are they called exactly? I wanna make sure it fits and everything.

They're the "M40 HEDP Grenade" :) If I understand correctly, the original grenade props were manufactured from 12-gauge snap caps; soft aluminium or plastic dummy rounds used for training.

I am in the process of refining my molding and casting process but I did download and 3D print, then mold and cast a grenade - just a one piece (inc cap) piece in resin. I am thinking of redesigning it to be a little more accurate, and will probably throw some up on eBay or Etsy. Can't say they'll be accurate enough to fit into an airsoft PR though :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:54 pm 

Service Number: A01/TQ2.0.42137E1
The grenades are 1:1 sized with a real 12-gauge shell, but they are a bit too long to clear the chamber and ejection port.

I have 3d printed grenades that are pretty fragile. Spat makes resin ones. The nicest (and most expensive) ones are from SD Studios.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next