The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: M4, AK, or G3?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:59 pm 

So I'm looking into getting my first gun. My friend has a nice ICS m4 that he's willing to give me. The only issue is it needs a repair to be useable. The cost will be about 80$ or less. I could go this option, or I could get a CYMA cm520 AK47 for 80$. It is a good brand, but I don't know if it's better quality than the m4 if I can get it fixed. Finally my most expensive option is the JG T3-K3 (G3) for 160$. It is also a good brand and has a metal gearbox but I don't know how great this particular gun is. It is by far the coolest option, but I'm concerned that I'll pay 160$ for a gun that might break or deteriorate over time and lose a load of FPS. The body is also plastic which is something to consider. I don't even think it's polymer construction. Can you guys give me some advice? Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:41 pm 

Service Number: A01/TQ2.0.42137E1
Not a fan of the ICS rifles. My experience with them has not been positive.

The CYMA AK is a good workhorse gun, I've run those a lot and really like them.

The JG G3 variant is also a good bet. Both the CYMA and JG are going to be copies of the original Tokyo Marui designs.

Plastic bodies aren't so bad. On the G3 you're going to some flex because it's such a large gun. On the AK I doubt you would notice at all.

G3s used to be pretty popular back in the day, both because of ammo and battery capacity. Nowadays with LiPos that's not so much of an issue. On the older TM G3s with the plastic bodies, we'd sometimes see them being affected from being carried on a two-point sling. If you get the G3, I would probably recommend considering a metal body.

I would choose the AK over the G3 for these reasons:
- It's lighter
- It's shorter
- Magazines are easier to carry
- More accessories available

But if you like the G3, there is no reason not to get it. With hicaps it's going to have a ton of ammo on board, but realistically you'll probably carry less AK mags than G3 mags.

If you like to mess with your guns and customize them, the M4 is your best bet. I would just recommend something other than an ICS. But the M4 has by far the most options for customization.

Out of the box, as far as FPS and performance goes, most AEGs are going to run about the same.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:51 am 

Erik_MAA wrote:
Not a fan of the ICS rifles. My experience with them has not been positive.

The CYMA AK is a good workhorse gun, I've run those a lot and really like them.

The JG G3 variant is also a good bet. Both the CYMA and JG are going to be copies of the original Tokyo Marui designs.

Plastic bodies aren't so bad. On the G3 you're going to some flex because it's such a large gun. On the AK I doubt you would notice at all.

G3s used to be pretty popular back in the day, both because of ammo and battery capacity. Nowadays with LiPos that's not so much of an issue. On the older TM G3s with the plastic bodies, we'd sometimes see them being affected from being carried on a two-point sling. If you get the G3, I would probably recommend considering a metal body.

I would choose the AK over the G3 for these reasons:
- It's lighter
- It's shorter
- Magazines are easier to carry
- More accessories available

But if you like the G3, there is no reason not to get it. With hicaps it's going to have a ton of ammo on board, but realistically you'll probably carry less AK mags than G3 mags.

If you like to mess with your guns and customize them, the M4 is your best bet. I would just recommend something other than an ICS. But the M4 has by far the most options for customization.

Out of the box, as far as FPS and performance goes, most AEGs are going to run about the same.

I’m with Erik on this one, with one addendum, if you are wanting to get an M4, a G&G Combat Machine CM16 Raider L (not the Raider 2.0) would be a great gun, they cost about $150.00 (Raider 2.0 is a out $200.00 bit has more goodies), has a solid polymer body, 450 round high cap mag, solid gearbox, and is customizable for a later date.

As far as the AK goes, if you can, spend a little bit more, and get one of CYMAs higher end AKs, its not uncommon to find a brand new, metal body/receivered model with wood furniture for around $125.00, I would argue its worth it especially in the long run for if you want to sell it, or if you decide that you dont want an AK with an all plastic body. AKs are one of the few guns where its possible to get into a metals/wood gun for a bargain, so why not?