The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: Re: Original APC Aircraft Towing Tractor
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:50 am 
DC DMZ Veteran '99

Service Number: A09/TQ1.0.02135E1
I seem to recall the Quadrilogy extras disc states they got the tug because the airport was upgrading to new tugs! The weight stripped out was ten (or was it 20) tons of lead!

As for a drooling emoticon Jesse there's always this guy I found a while back for Taj Image
Click on him to get the code to use him yourself! ;)

Winch

"Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow I shall fear no evil for thou art with me. And together we'll kick ANY bugs ASS!" :twisted:
You know who you are! ;)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:48 am 

Guys i know where one was at one time in 89 or 90 i was riding shotgun with my Cousin in his 18 wheeler we were in up state Wisconsin i think when we pasted a place on the side of the road with all kinds of odd stuff for sale. we had to drive 20 miles to find a way on to the side road where the place was. They had one of the big truck things from Damnation Alley a lot of tanks and old army trucks but the thing i had to stop for was a APC. I made a bunch of photos of it and the other stuff there. The APC was missing the guns and in pretty bad shape but the guy wanted 50,000 for it. I wish i had not lost the pics in my divorce 15 years ago. EX wife kept every thing i had.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:35 am 

Jonesy -
Perhaps I'm being obtuse, but have you a link to your essay anywhere? I'm trying to round up as much information as possible on measurements - I'm up to my eyeballs in design work on a full-size APC build over at RPF (same username there,) and the more "hard" information I can find, the less I have to figure out on my own. I already have to sort out a drivetrain and steering for the beast, which is enough as it is (then figure out internal arrangement, where to mount the engine, &c, &c, ...)

JDK

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:22 pm 
Mobile Mayhem

Service Number: A10/TQ1.O.32157E1
Jon Kelley wrote:
... I'm up to my eyeballs in design work on a full-size APC build...

:shock: :o :D :delta: :like:

Link to follow? Or better yet, could you post your progress here too? This is amazing news!

Read the AL Charter Rules & Regulations: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1i3gd9QUyIqI_6rfk8kpxspbKU-JT4MBAjLPxfCkvGJ8

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:25 pm 

I'll try to remember to link back to the thread. I'm still getting information together, and getting basic dimensions sorted out so I can design the frame of the bease and come up with a rough weight. Then, I can decide on drivetrain (but I'm leaning toward hydraulic with probably a 4BT as primary power.)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:14 pm 

Jon Kelley wrote:
Jonesy -
Perhaps I'm being obtuse, but have you a link to your essay anywhere? I'm trying to round up as much information as possible on measurements - I'm up to my eyeballs in design work on a full-size APC build over at RPF (same username there,) and the more "hard" information I can find, the less I have to figure out on my own. I already have to sort out a drivetrain and steering for the beast, which is enough as it is (then figure out internal arrangement, where to mount the engine, &c, &c, ...)

JDK

Hello!

My, that was just pure luck that I just happened to pass by. Been in hypersleep a few years so I have to get some old computers going. Final draft on Essey were never completed. It went out of hand when Scott killed everything with his Alien rip-off "Prometheus", exploitations (more games ans stuff) and I totally ran out of motivation, so it was never published/posted. It was a very personal struggle.

Ill PM you everything I know, but it might take a few days to dig out..

/Jonsey

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:58 am 
GarageGeek

its 4:55 in the morning and I cant sleep because i need to kow the full story of the APC in Wisconsin. Was it the original APC? was this movie so huge that someone made a replica for personal ise or maybe it was for an event. Maybe more then one was actually built for the movie? one in another location as backup for possible orher filming locations? Ive gotta find out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:36 am 
Moderator & screen used

Service Number: A08/TQ1.0.02136E1
Any photos?

Harry

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:04 pm 
GarageGeek

fisty-nickle wrote:
Guys i know where one was at one time in 89 or 90 i was riding shotgun with my Cousin in his 18 wheeler we were in up state Wisconsin i think when we pasted a place on the side of the road with all kinds of odd stuff for sale. we had to drive 20 miles to find a way on to the side road where the place was. They had one of the big truck things from Damnation Alley a lot of tanks and old army trucks but the thing i had to stop for was a APC. I made a bunch of photos of it and the other stuff there. The APC was missing the guns and in pretty bad shape but the guy wanted 50,000 for it. I wish i had not lost the pics in my divorce 15 years ago. EX wife kept every thing i had.

lets find out what thw story is with the Wisconsin APC.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:39 pm 
Expendable

Service Number: A05/TQ0.0.52155E1
seven wrote:
fisty-nickle wrote:

lets find out what thw story is with the Wisconsin APC.

i hate to say it, but i think 9 years ago he may not reply :cry:

however, i can talk to Ripstick since he lives there and see what he may know about this!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:03 pm 
GarageGeek

Yeah killer i just figured better to try to dig this up sooner then later.. or better late then never. Ive already found aome photos of the APC being built that ive never seen anywhere.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:11 pm 

Only one Landmaster was build and apparently Dean Jeffries kept it after Damnation Alley was completed (=> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26n3RsXNyKE).
In "The Wizard of Speed and Time" (1989) it was parked on sidewalk about 17 minutes in and in Get A Life: "Paperboy 2000" (1990) it was used in a TV episode. That might give some clues...

Cheers,
Stefan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:52 am 

Here's a few rare pics during construction where you can see part of the tug underneath (below the forward cannon):

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:55 pm 
GarageGeek

does anyone now of a guy named brian priestley?
claims that he worked on the original APC while he was an apprentice engineer.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:40 am 
GarageGeek

heres some pics from pinewood

Screen Shot 2019-11-11 at 6.39.46 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-11-11 at 6.39.46 PM.png [ 308 KiB | Viewed 2295 times ]

Screen Shot 2019-11-11 at 6.37.50 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-11-11 at 6.37.50 PM.png [ 417.86 KiB | Viewed 2295 times ]

Screen Shot 2019-11-11 at 6.36.03 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-11-11 at 6.36.03 PM.png [ 420.54 KiB | Viewed 2295 times ]