The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Melissa Klassen as SgtA: “The Reluctant Choice” (2019-2020)
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 8:43 pm 
Mobile Mayhem

Service Number: A10/TQ1.O.32157E1
Alright, It’s customary for me to say something about myself as a SgtA candidate.

First off, I immediately started sweating when I was asked permission for my nomination. I felt conflicted at the thought of the responsibility of a “good SgtA”, after I dumbly asked “What’s a SgtA?”. After some thought, I gave my permission on the assumption that I’d probably only get one or two votes.

In my opinion, the two other candidates are GREAT choices. But I’m also on a personal mission to accept challenges and change. Consider it my “Yes (wo)Man” approach, where I need to roll out of my comfort zone, this is the only reason I didn't say "No".

Ideally if I am to have any title this year, I’d prefer a smaller role such as in the UACM. This is my “comfort zone”.

If you TRULY want me as SgtA, I do promise to try my best to be a good one. I’ll treat it as a learning experience for personal growth and learn to be more assertive with making sure everyone follows the rules and all is fair. I am humbled by the votes in my favour, and that you guys think of me as a good choice (but really, you guys are crazy!).

Take of this what you will, feel free to ask me questions. I’m off to study the heck out of the charter…

Read the AL Charter Rules & Regulations: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1i3gd9QUyIqI_6rfk8kpxspbKU-JT4MBAjLPxfCkvGJ8

Post subject: Re: Melissa Klassen as SgtA: “The Reluctant Choice”
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 8:52 pm 
'Nuff said.

Service Number: A08/TQ0.0.12146E1
Melissa,

This attitude is exactly why I nominated you. We cannot grow if we do not have people who are willing to "do" something new. The things you have done have shown that you are more than up to the challenge. And we can lean on each other's experiences to learn. You miss 100% of the shots you do not take. Sitting on one's hands is what causes bad things. We need those active to lead the way.

Thanks!

Greg

UKCM
Shoot first, think never.
Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun.
SMMFD
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he doesn't exist.

Post subject: Re: Melissa Klassen as SgtA: “The Reluctant Choice”
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 11:41 pm 
Mobile Mayhem

Service Number: A10/TQ1.O.32157E1
Thanks Greg, for the kind words :delta:

I'm warming up to the idea, gaining a bit more confidence knowing I have others to lean on for advice, should the results end up with me as SgtA.

I'm still open to any questions if anybody has them.

:dropship:

Read the AL Charter Rules & Regulations: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1i3gd9QUyIqI_6rfk8kpxspbKU-JT4MBAjLPxfCkvGJ8

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]