The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1954 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77 ... 79  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:35 am 

Well see this the thing, I have no interest in costumes. Not meaning to be rude and I do indeed appreciate the invite, and will take you up on it, thankyou. I like the idea that forums are quiet these days, the net has become a bit loud. I like that this is an old forum, first post I can find is 2004.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:28 pm 
Marine Raider

Service Number: A05/TQ2.0.92155E1
Welcome Ned!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:24 am 

Hi all names Andrew but go by Jackknife... from down Under... So G'day...

Doing a Dropship Crew costume... feel free to have a look at my posts...

Post subject: Re: Introduce yourself
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:05 am 

hello all my name is shaun i am from Adelaide South Australia,

i am a member of the 501st and rebel legion and run a resident evil cosplay group in adelaide i am a big fan of the aliens movie and comics and even the video game LOL......

i have started on my marine with smart gun costume i have got a few things all ready i am hoping to find a smartgun kit

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:42 am 

Hi, my name's James i am form Adelaide South Australia

I'm a member of the Resident Evil Cosplay Group, alongside Shaun (Hellios_virus).

Looking to build a Colonial Marine

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:38 am 

Hi all,
I joined here to learn as much as I can to build/purchase/mod a pulse rifle. Aliens was the scariest movie experience for me when I was a kid. I love the sound of a blasting Pulse rifle!

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:45 am 

agg cook wrote:
just thought I would post a pic from a recent comic con I was at Image

Nice rifle! What brand or custom?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:07 pm 

Service Number: A06/TQ1.0.02140E1
its one of the snow wolf airsoft pulse rifles that I have taken most of the guts out and repainted

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:01 pm 

agg cook wrote:
its one of the snow wolf airsoft pulse rifles that I have taken most of the guts out and repainted

Turned out really nice. Do you have more pics of it posted anywhere?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:50 pm 
Mobile Mayhem

Service Number: A10/TQ1.O.32157E1
Welcome to the new batch!

Read the AL Charter Rules & Regulations: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1i3gd9QUyIqI_6rfk8kpxspbKU-JT4MBAjLPxfCkvGJ8

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:52 am 
Reaper

Tony Veit (Retired from the Army )
Friends call me reaper, been a fan for years, I am just standing by for an ID number. Let's kill some bugs.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 2:18 pm 

Good morning.

I am Les and I have been a long time fan of the Alien series, with Aliens as my favorite. I've cosplayed Trek and Battlestar Galactica as well as others for a long time. I have watched the Colonial Marines troop (my brother in law has been doing it for a while) and have finally gotten started in my uniform prep and making plans to attend some events.

Looking forward to the fun!

Les Rickard
Bravo Company 3rd Battalion, 7th Colonial Marines

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:05 pm 

Hi all,
I'm Mike from Italy, been browsing at the forum for a while now and I thought it was about time to register and greet you.
I'm a fan of Alien since I saw the movie in 1979 (I was 11 at the time), plus Sci-fi in general.
I don't have a costume or some of the incredible props I have seen here, my interest is more on the action figures (1/10 scale).

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:42 pm 

Service Number: A03/TQ1.0.52160G1
Morning, all. I'm SailingRabbit. Very active over on the AvPGalaxy forums, and I found this particular site through a friend on FanFiction. Currently writing a series on the Marines from Aliens, so the pictures of armor and graffiti have been very helpful in accuracy and creating backstories for each character. I figured it was time to join this forum to meet more like-minded individuals (any fellow Drake fans out there? :wink: ).

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:34 pm 
Mobile Mayhem

Service Number: A10/TQ1.O.32157E1
TheSailingRabbit wrote:
Morning, all. I'm SailingRabbit. Very active over on the AvPGalaxy forums, and I found this particular site through a friend on FanFiction. Currently writing a series on the Marines from Aliens, so the pictures of armor and graffiti have been very helpful in accuracy and creating backstories for each character. I figured it was time to join this forum to meet more like-minded individuals (any fellow Drake fans out there? :wink: ).

Welcome! I'm excited to maybe get a peek at your writing, if we're privileged enough sometime :)

Read the AL Charter Rules & Regulations: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1i3gd9QUyIqI_6rfk8kpxspbKU-JT4MBAjLPxfCkvGJ8

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:14 am 

Moosh89 wrote:
TheSailingRabbit wrote:

Welcome! I'm excited to maybe get a peek at your writing, if we're privileged enough sometime :)

Should be very soon! Hope I don't sound like a noob, but Ready Line is the correct board for posting any Aliens-related projects, right?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:36 am 

Service Number: A05/TQ2.0.32141E1
TheSailingRabbit wrote:
Moosh89 wrote:
TheSailingRabbit wrote:

Should be very soon! Hope I don't sound like a noob, but Ready Line is the correct board for posting any Aliens-related projects, right?

You are correct. Airsoft goes in the airsoft section. Conventions goes in the drop threads section. We have made sure there is as much logic in the order on the forums as possible. We will gladly answer any questions that you have. The majority of posts are on the ready line. There are literal decades of combined expertise and knowledge on the forums. We look forward to seeing your posts!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:07 am 

Service Number: A10/TQ0.0.82146E1
TheSailingRabbit wrote:
Currently writing a series on the Marines from Aliens, so the pictures of armor and graffiti have been very helpful in accuracy and creating backstories for each character. I figured it was time to join this forum to meet more like-minded individuals (any fellow Drake fans out there? :wink: ).

Welcome!
Yup! I loves me the Smartgunner stuff 8)

re backstory, you may want to find a copy of Aliens: Bughunt [Audible.com had it as the free book of the last month]. It does a few backstories for our Marines (the best I've heard so far is actually for Bishop).

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:17 pm 

septic wrote:
TheSailingRabbit wrote:
Currently writing a series on the Marines from Aliens, so the pictures of armor and graffiti have been very helpful in accuracy and creating backstories for each character. I figured it was time to join this forum to meet more like-minded individuals (any fellow Drake fans out there? :wink: ).

Welcome!
Yup! I loves me the Smartgunner stuff 8)

re backstory, you may want to find a copy of Aliens: Bughunt [Audible.com had it as the free book of the last month]. It does a few backstories for our Marines (the best I've heard so far is actually for Bishop).

Thanks. Thread is already up with my up-to-date library.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:18 pm 

Hello! I came across the forums while looking up references for a Smartgun operator cosplay and I’m pleasantly surprised that there’s still such an active community for all things USCM. I hope I’ll be able to join you on a drop one day.
I don’t suppose there are any Czech marines here, so my closest group would be the GERCM.

Would it be okay to set up a thread about my M56 Smartgun project right away?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:10 am 

Service Number: A05/TQ2.0.32141E1
M1861 wrote:
Hello! I came across the forums while looking up references for a Smartgun operator cosplay and I’m pleasantly surprised that there’s still such an active community for all things USCM. I hope I’ll be able to join you on a drop one day.
I don’t suppose there are any Czech marines here, so my closest group would be the GERCM.

Please feel free to start your own thread. This forum was originally founded to document the collection of a member here and how he built it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:45 am 

Service Number: A10/TQ0.0.82146E1
M1861 wrote:

Welcome! The German guys are always keen on new faces. Also, there's some Polish marines too which may be closer to you [?] Merr-Sonn http://forum.alienslegacy.com/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2931 is in Torun.

M1861 wrote:

YES PLEASE! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:41 pm 

Service Number: A17/TQ1.0.83083E5
Long time lurker, but figured it was time to sign up.

I'm TJ, or if you go by my armor, "Warkitten."

I am the proud owner of TE armor, painted by Nick Bedwell, and BDUs from Chef.

Built a motion tracker from almost all original parts and and fighting the urge to overdo an electronics setup for it.

/humblebrag
I've also worn a screen-used chest plate briefly.
/humblebrag

I also do other costuming, mainly Ghostbusters, Spaceballs, and Warhammer 40k.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:57 pm 

I'm not sure which is better: the artwork, or the name "Warkitten." Both are awesome. :D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:42 pm 

Service Number: A17/TQ1.0.83083E5
TheSailingRabbit wrote:
I'm not sure which is better: the artwork, or the name "Warkitten." Both are awesome. :D

Originally, I didn't know what I wanted on my armor. It started as a joke between Halibut (his name here) and I, and eventually he sent me an image of that armored kitten he found on the Googles. I then realized that it's an appropriate idea based on my personality, and Nick knocked it out of the park with the painting.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1954 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77 ... 79  Next