The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: XM25 Project
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:12 pm 

Service Number: A01/TQ2.0.42137E1
Not USCM, but I thought some of you might appreciate this.

Attachment:
XM252.jpg
XM252.jpg [ 120.46 KiB | Viewed 2971 times ]

Attachment:
Xm251.jpg
Xm251.jpg [ 132.08 KiB | Viewed 2971 times ]

I got this at a gun show a while ago for a decent price. I've seen them around eBay and other places and I have to say that for the quality I'm very glad I didn't pay full price for it.

Out of the box, it might pass the 20-foot test but it's very rough with a lot of sloppy details, crooked lines, and other imperfections. To be an acceptable prop (to me, anyway) it is going to need a lot of work.

I'm planning on re-doing pretty much the entire front end and barrel. I'm planning to add a real picatinny rail and figuring out a working cocking handle.

I've also gotta do something about the scope. The details are sloppy and the front and rear of the scope are identical, which is incorrect. I need to at least correct these details, if I am feeling adventurous I might try to make a working optic by embedding an inexpensive scope into it.

There are some additional details to clean up on the rest of the gun; I'd like to add real screws and improve the detailing on the ejection ports and the magazine; might even try to do a detachable mag.

We'll see how much free time I've got this Winter...