The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1954 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76 ... 79  Next
 Post subject: Re: Introduce yourself
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:23 pm 
Expendable

Service Number: A05/TQ0.0.52155E1
Jon92356 wrote:
hunterkiller86 wrote:
Jon92356 wrote:
Hi there. I'm somewhat new to the site. I say somewhat because I had an old account, but couldn't remember the email used or the password or screen name, so I whipped up this new account. I currently have a squad of 6 (including myself) marines. We've secured our armor (still trimming and putting it all together), pulse rifles and smartguns (2 smartgunners are putting their smartguns together). We have a killer awesome tech guru who's looking to be our Wey Yu rep and a lot of enthusiasm. Just wanted to say hello and say that we are wondering if it's possible to put together an official squad of sorts or if we're not quite there yet, how would we get there?

welcome back! Private message Hollis DZC or William Ridder as they are in charge of the California battalion.

I was able to pm Hollis, but I couldn't find William Ridder when searching under usernames.

that was my fault. i forgot he had a D in the middle.

WILLIAM D. RIDDER

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:08 pm 

Hello, I am from Estonia and have been an Alien fan for almost 20 years.
Hoping to one day own a Pulse Rifle and perhaps visit an Aliens "Gathering".

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:04 pm 

Service Number: A05/TQ2.0.32141E1
WweylandWarez wrote:
Hello, I am from Estonia and have been an Alien fan for almost 20 years.
Hoping to one day own a Pulse Rifle and perhaps visit an Aliens "Gathering".

Welcome to the crew. And you do not have to wait for your pulse rifle you can build it or print it. If you can make it to Germany or the UK we have gatherings and conventions in that arena from time to time.

Actually, if you have a color printer:
http://aliens.humlak.cz
or a 3-d printer:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17274

If you have access to wood working equipment and a local hardware supply store you can literally build faux weaponry and costumes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:52 pm 

Thanks, I will look into it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 7:39 pm 

Service Number: A06/TQ1.0.02140E1
hi I'm agg and from the uk been an aliens fan ever since I can remember ha da set of spat cave armour I picked up years ago and decided to get around to putting it together slowly getting all the kit hope to get out there trooping with it in the next few months

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 11:29 am 

Hey everyone my name is Yavuz and I’m super new here. I’m from Germany and a garage kit artist I do sculpting, painting and customizing movie related stuff like busts statues and I’m building up prop replicas! I’m posting my stuff mainly at my personal Facebook page! ...my artist name is Bucephallos. I love Alien and Aliens since I was a little bag of trouble! ...the imagination to be somewhere in space with a crew working for a company, the fact of the unknown, fascinating me till today! I’m a huge fan of H.R Giger and Dave O’bannon and i always loved the design and the idea of both Of these guys have created! I have had the honor to met H.R. Giger 2 times in my life and I had two times the chance to have a long conversation with him! I really feel blessed and the honor to met him in person which influenced my life and my actual work a lot!
...the dirty space, the designe of the creature, the work of the creative team back then is what i Love and what most of us are still carrying on! R.I.P H.R.Giger

Last edited by Bucephallos on Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 7:00 pm 

Service Number: A09/TQ1.0.32134E1
Hi I'm Stephen and I'm an electronic design engineer who apparently can't find his way around a forum, resulting in my putting an introduction in the off topic sub forum before finding this thread. :roll:
I'm a big sci fi fan and after writing a piece of Aliens fan fiction (I write a lot in my spare time) last year got the urge to buy some colonial marine armour. I was referred to this forum at MCM Birmingham in March by another member and I'm looking to sign up with the UKCM. Right now I have a set of armour (bought as kit) and helmet (scratchbuilt) that I'm in the process of upgrading and a couple of pulse rifles (1 resin kit and 1 scratchbuilt). Pictures from before the upgrade started attached.

M41-A In Carry Case half size.jpg
M41-A In Carry Case half size.jpg [ 773.54 KiB | Viewed 34468 times ]

Aliens USCM M10 Helmet half size.jpg
Aliens USCM M10 Helmet half size.jpg [ 589.34 KiB | Viewed 34468 times ]

AliensM3Armour.jpg
AliensM3Armour.jpg [ 936.63 KiB | Viewed 34468 times ]

Scratchbuilt Aliens M41A pulse Rifle.jpg
Scratchbuilt Aliens M41A pulse Rifle.jpg [ 811.75 KiB | Viewed 34468 times ]

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 9:13 am 

Spellbinder99 wrote:
Please, take the time to tell us a little about yourself and what your particular interest in the Aliens movies is.

Cheers

Tony
When you are out of Pulse Rifles, you are out of Weapons!

(Pug50) I have locked the old Introductions thread because it was starting to become long enough to cause a slow down on the server.

My name is Aliza. Currently writing about Scottish traditional dress like kilts, kilts for sale, kilts for men etc .I am also interested in programming, gaming, and cricket.
If you’d like to get in touch, feel free to say hello..!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 10:36 am 

Greeting chicks n dicks.

Happy to be here amoungst you all.

I'm Severn, man, check it out. I am the *ultimate* badass! State of the badass art! You do not wanna fuck with me...I keep odd hours.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:40 pm 

Service Number: A12/TQ1.0.32138E1
Hello, All!

I'm JJ from Orlando, Florida. I've loved Aliens since I saw it on broadcast TV as a kid (and boy was I shocked at how violent it was when I finally saw the theatrical release.)

I've been interested in cosplay and prop building for about five years now. I scratch-built a Proton Pack (that I'm currently improving and restoring) and recently did a Pulse Rifle conversion on one of my son's Nerf guns.

My kids and I are planning on doing an Aliens group cosplay for the upcoming Con season here in Florida, so soon I'll be making armour for my son and I (and a flamethrower gaff taped to a pulse rife for my daughter :) ).

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:08 am 
"You're killing me Smalls!"

Service Number: A02/TQ2.0.12249E1
Wow. Long time reader of this forum. I'd joined in 2013 but never really posted anything. I'm in awe of the amount of information about the Aliens universe that this community has amassed. The amount of cooperation between contributors is amazing.

I've put together some props before, but it was a post on a replica forum from a user Quest that got me into the Aliens sub-genre. His instructions illustrated how to put a Styrene shroud onto a modified Nerf Gun to get a sorta M41 pulse rifle - if you squint and don't look real hard. That did it !! The Aliens bug bit and I wanted more.

I then stumbled onto this forum from posts of users of both forums. and found all the resources for the correct look and feel for this universe. I then got some USCM patches and then put together a Motion Tracker with the correct parts - again thanks to all the contributors to this site. Right now its my favorite prop. Its not 100% but close.

Right now, I'm "working" on the Colonial Marines armor. I'm trying a scratch build with real world items but its slow going. I'm looking for detail plans, something to show the dimensions but not really a template. Thanks for providing a resource for people to contribute and work from.

A02/TQ2.0.12249E1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:45 pm 

Hi! My name is Guillermo and we are a little group of Alien Makers, falling in love with the sexiest xenomorph of the universe...
and I love making costumes to wear, and so I am happy to have found this community!
I have a large interest in movie prop, from Aliens mainly.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:44 pm 

Service Number: A12/TQ1.0.32138E1
Peterlb wrote:
Right now, I'm "working" on the Colonial Marines armor. I'm trying a scratch build with real world items but its slow going. I'm looking for detail plans, something to show the dimensions but not really a template. Thanks for providing a resource for people to contribute and work from.

You can use the pepakura files to get dimensions without full-on using them as a template. You can find the files here: https://cybermike.id.au/uscm-colonial-marine-design-templates-pep-files/

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:09 pm 

Hi, I'm just introducing myself. I'm a photographer with a passion for sci-fi movies including Aliens. As well as photography I make the occasional props and am working on a pilot helmet. All being well one of my images will have successfully displayed so you can see my work.

20729058_10155560859467866_2056324670386785298_o.jpg
20729058_10155560859467866_2056324670386785298_o.jpg [ 104.29 KiB | Viewed 33301 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:31 am 
Reaper

Anthony Veit
Phoenix, AZ

I first watched Aliens when I was 7 or 8 and was pulled in. I have seen all the movies. I currently have the action figures from both Kenner and Neca.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:38 am 

Thats amazing. I've recently just made a tail out of foam, but a full suit is a tad ambitious for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:15 am 
Reaper

Hello everyone, my name is Tony. I been a fan of the Aliens movies since I was a kid. I have both Kenner and Neca line of figures. I really want to start to cosplay. I was in the Army for 5 1/2 years. Just love everything Aliens.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:12 pm 

Hi All
My name is Alan and I'm a massive fan of the Alien movies...some more than others..lol
I am in the middle of putting a colonial Marines officer uniform together..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:19 pm 

Service Number: A03/TQ0.0.92137G1
Heya everyone, my name is Erick from Phoenix, and Ive been a fan since I was a little kid...too little at (at the time) to understand Alien but I saw it...and then when Aliens came out that was pretty much my WORLD. Been in love since, and am well entrenched in the hobby of cosplay (I have a mando merc, an NCR Ranger from Fallout, and a custom Sith) and even played in a fan film. Even though its been a dream of mine to don that awesome USCM armor, I had never gotten around to it for some reason or another, until now.

Glad to be aboard!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:24 am 

Aoshi1 wrote:
Heya everyone, my name is Erick from Phoenix, and Ive been a fan since I was a little kid...too little at (at the time) to understand Alien but I saw it...and then when Aliens came out that was pretty much my WORLD. Been in love since, and am well entrenched in the hobby of cosplay (I have a mando merc, an NCR Ranger from Fallout, and a custom Sith) and even played in a fan film. Even though its been a dream of mine to don that awesome USCM armor, I had never gotten around to it for some reason or another, until now.

Glad to be aboard!

Spatcave makes one of the best sets on the market and his price is reasonable for the amount of time his finished products save you on build times.

Welcome to the crew. Check the drops for conventions in your area and if you find one in your area you are going to, please post so we can try to attend with you.

We also have electronic files for our business cards and banners so you can get those printed if you want to ever do a fan table.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:20 am 

Hello!

Boreas here. Big fan of all things alien. Currently rewatching all the movies and can't help but want to see what's out there for alien costumes and cosplay as I'm really interested in that kind of stuff.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:46 pm 
reload

Service Number: A03/TQ3.0.12136E1
boreas wrote:
Hello!

Boreas here. Big fan of all things alien. Currently rewatching all the movies and can't help but want to see what's out there for alien costumes and cosplay as I'm really interested in that kind of stuff.

Welcome! Join us @ Berlin Comic Con and talk to our Xeno Experts.

GERCM - Executive Officer (XO)
UKCM Foreign Legion: The Deviant Dragoons

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:29 pm 

Service Number: A06/TQ1.0.02140E1
just thought I would post a pic from a recent comic con I was at Image

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:31 pm 

Hi my name is ned and i have watched the first Alien thousands of times. Must be thousands, it's my default movie.

I think Sigourney Weaver is a good candidate for cloning, I mean as Ripley its already happened, multiple times.

I want to see blomkamp's Alien. Quite badly.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:56 am 

ned wrote:
Hi my name is ned and i have watched the first Alien thousands of times. Must be thousands, it's my default movie.

I think Sigourney Weaver is a good candidate for cloning, I mean as Ripley its already happened, multiple times.

I want to see blomkamp's Alien. Quite badly.

Welcome to the group. Please feel free to look up our UK regiment as we do conventions in the UK all the time. Please feel free to search the archives and other sections on the forum if you want help building your own costume. Spatcave.com can make a full armor set and accessories you might need. Master chef on Chef's creations can also make you a costume and he is based in the UK...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1954 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76 ... 79  Next