The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1954 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74 ... 79  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:52 am 

Service Number: A08/TQ1.0.32154E1
Hello!
My name is Terry. I've actually been a member here since back in the days when the Aliens Legacy had been on EZboard, but I've never really posted much despite my tenure here. That being said, It's probably about time I [re]introduced myself.

I'm 38 years old and I live in Albuquerque, NM though I tend to go back and forth between Texas and New Mexico.
Ever since my childhood, the Alien movies have had such an impact on my life. Aliens was the first movie that terrified and thrilled me at the same time. An equal combination of a vicious, deadly menace against a platoon of Marines decked out in a futuristic, Vietnam style look from a 1980's point of view. I love the cinematography, the aesthetic of the sets and the realness of all the characters and their personalities, etc. Aliens always has and always will be my favorite Sci-Fi action movie!

Aside from my love of the movies, one of my hobbies that I love to do is create 1:8 dioramas and modify, customize and create my own action figures, particularly Colonial Marines.
I love NECA for making such an amazing line of Aliens, Predators and Marines.
I love the costuming and full size props that so many talented people make, but I just have never quite had the room to store them, so I tend to stick with 7-8" scale figures and models.

Anyway, I have always been a huge fan of the Aliens Legacy and over the years have learned a tremendous amount of knowledge, seen some amazing collections and props from so many amazing people on here and going forward, I hope to be a bit more active!
Cheers everyone! :delta:
~Terry Cat (Catling)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:27 pm 

Former Marine, always loved the Aliens movie. Starting with a pilot uniform then move up to some armor.

Trip D

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:38 pm 

TripD wrote:
Former Marine, always loved the Aliens movie. Starting with a pilot uniform then move up to some armor.

Thank you very much for your Service, and likewise to all other veterans on these boards.

Post subject: Re: Introduce yourself
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:27 pm 

Hi everyone, I am new on here and was wondering who is near glasgow adn how to meet up at events. :D

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:24 pm 

Blivet wrote:
TripD wrote:

Thank you very much for your Service, and likewise to all other veterans on these boards.

Thank you. I'm excited to join Aliens Legacy and grow my prop/replica collection.

Trip D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:52 pm 

Hello

I am an Avid Alien Fan and am looking forward to looking this place over

C

TrophyRoom.jpg
TrophyRoom.jpg [ 452.21 KiB | Viewed 23240 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:37 am 

Looks at CyberPred's photo and props...

Head explodes. :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:26 pm 

LOL

C

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:35 pm 

Hi All!

I've been lurking for awhile so I thought I'd sign up and make it official. I've more or less completed my Indiana Jones gear (after about fourteen years...) so now I'm starting on recreating some other things I've had on my list for awhile. I've been a huge Aliens fan basically since I can remember, so I'm looking forward to working on some of that gear!

I'm going to be working on upgrading my Matrix/Snow Wolf pulse rifle over the next couple of months, so I'm sure you'll see me posting in that forum with some questions here and there.

Thanks all!

Jock

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:11 am 
Mobile Mayhem

Service Number: A10/TQ1.O.32157E1
Welcome to our new members! I need to get better at checking this thread! Apologies!

I'm excited to see so many new/old but returning people who are eager to jump in!

Hit the Ready Line, This ain't a simulated combat drop :delta:

Read the AL Charter Rules & Regulations: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1i3gd9QUyIqI_6rfk8kpxspbKU-JT4MBAjLPxfCkvGJ8

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:21 am 

Thanks for the welcome Moosh!

I'm actually in Canada as well (on the West Coast). Nice to find that there's a few Canadians on the board!

Jock

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:03 am 
Mobile Mayhem

Service Number: A10/TQ1.O.32157E1
JockThePilot wrote:
Thanks for the welcome Moosh!

I'm actually in Canada as well (on the West Coast). Nice to find that there's a few Canadians on the board!

Jock

Ahh! I'm from the part of Canada that says "bunnyhug" instead of "hoodie" :lol: Nice to meet you!

Read the AL Charter Rules & Regulations: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1i3gd9QUyIqI_6rfk8kpxspbKU-JT4MBAjLPxfCkvGJ8

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:33 am 

Moosh89 wrote:
Ahh! I'm from the part of Canada that says "bunnyhug" instead of "hoodie" :lol: Nice to meet you!

Ha ha ha I have friends from out there and I still think that's a weird term. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:36 pm 

Hello Everyone,

My name is Michael, a big Alien fan from Portland, Oregon. I've currently got Matsucorp building me one mean pulse rifle and (hopefully - boy, it has been taking a while) TE himself queuing up a full set of armor for me. I'm also communicating a lot with Chef of ChefsCreations for accessories. He seems to be connected with TE.

Anyway, I am definitely making "my own" marine with plenty of modifications, so I look forward to showing them off to you guys!

-Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:20 pm 
Prop Churner Outer

Service Number: A03/TQ1.0.12143G1
Hey Michael,

looking forward to seeing your full kit. Those are some of the best vendors out there (plus TE who is obviously the Holy Grail) so you are sure to have a fantastic end result. Welcome!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:30 pm 

Hi,

I am Sean from Kirkland, WA. I am currently putting together a Hicks Build to go with my friends completed smart gunner build. I will let you know how it goes once I start getting stuff. Does anyone do any events in the Seattle Area? I am a Rebel Legion member of Alpha base so I am used to doing some organized activities.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:28 pm 
Expendable

Service Number: A05/TQ0.0.52155E1
USCMwannabe wrote:
Hi,

I am Sean from Kirkland, WA. I am currently putting together a Hicks Build to go with my friends completed smart gunner build. I will let you know how it goes once I start getting stuff. Does anyone do any events in the Seattle Area? I am a Rebel Legion member of Alpha base so I am used to doing some organized activities.

the USS columbia is covers events in Oregon and Washington. check in the USCM sub forum for information on the battalion.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:33 am 

retrogarde wrote:
Hey Michael,

looking forward to seeing your full kit. Those are some of the best vendors out there (plus TE who is obviously the Holy Grail) so you are sure to have a fantastic end result. Welcome!

Thank you so much!

I have already taken some photos as I slowly secure accessories ahead of the armor and M41A, but I suppose I should save those for a separate thread later on down the line : )

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:12 am 

Greetings! Long time Alien fan, I was 5 when I saw TV commercials for the film, became obsessed and have been ever since! I've still got the original Kenner doll. Saw Aliens and was completely blown away. You don't understand, I had to make sure my girlfriend liked these movies before I married her! :lol:
Here I am, a fourty-something year old guy still obsessed with the franchise. I don't own equipment, I'm more of a tabletop role player and wargamer, but I love details about the setting and reading peoples ideas about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:44 pm 
Prop Churner Outer

Service Number: A03/TQ1.0.12143G1
Welcome Scott! Do you ever play the Leading Edge Aliens RPG? When I was a teen my friends and I tried it. We ended up just mining it for details and using our own Hausgemacht rules. Good times!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:59 pm 

Service Number: A07/TQ1.0.72132E1
Mein Name ist Sven Korte, ich komme aus Marl,NRW, Germany.
Ich bin Alien und Predator Fan.
Ich bin 46 Jahre alt und ich habe eine Tochter.

My name is Sven Korte, I'm from Marl, NRW, Germany.
I am an alien and Predator fan.
I am 46 years old and I have a daughter.

A07/TQ1.0.72132E1
Pt Korte, S.Scout
North Rhine-Westphalia
DEU

Last edited by SvenK1971 on Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:46 pm 

Hi everyone! Longtime 501st member here, looking to broaden my horizons by joining the USCM. I've got armor on the way and will be picking up bits and bobs here and there.

We've got a crew of three or four people in Northern Indiana who are currently working on Aliens/USCM gear.

Happy to be here!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:57 pm 

Service Number: A05/TQ3.0.02118E1
bobamatt wrote:
Hi everyone! Longtime 501st member here, looking to broaden my horizons by joining the USCM. I've got armor on the way and will be picking up bits and bobs here and there.

We've got a crew of three or four people in Northern Indiana who are currently working on Aliens/USCM gear.

Happy to be here!

Welcome! bobamatt! Will you guys be coming to Indiana Comic Con, March 30,31 April 1? I drove out there from Colorado last year. My kids and grand kids had a blast! I'm planning on going back this year. Hopefully we can meet up.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:23 pm 
Expendable

Service Number: A05/TQ0.0.52155E1
bobamatt wrote:

Happy to be here!

make sure to check out the USS blackhawk. The battalion covers members in Wisconsin, Illinois, and Indiana.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:19 am 

Hello there!

New member here, please bear with me! I am eager to join the Corps. On a side note, I am not entirely new in costume groups as I am with the 501st Legion; however, when it comes to joining the Corps I am clueless. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated! I hail from Saskatchewan, Canada. It is a very small province that probably does not have any USCM member (I may be wrong). If that is the case, then I aim to be the first USCM member in my province.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1954 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74 ... 79  Next