The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:08 am 

Hunter was not seen on screen. There was a quick glimpse of the back of one helmet where one could delineate the last 2-3 letters as "...her"; however, it's not 100% clear. It could have been 'cruncher' who got air time. That said, it's not definitive that 'Hunter' was on screen. Separately, Terry mentioned that the decals and labels were added by a production member and not by him or his crew.

bigbisont wrote:
I did buy 2 with the intention to run the '10' on one and do the ' animal' setup on the other.

Hey Zachilles, was "Hunter" actually seen on screen? I hadn't heard that name until I saw the decal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:15 am 
THAT guy

Service Number: A03/TQ2.0.02146E1
Anyone with canon info on the knife?

The NECA figure knife is pretty distinctive. My dad has a knife that is VERY close, but it has black oxide finish and in order to get the angles right, a few things would have to be bent. Not sure if I am on my way to identifying the actual knife, or just finding the fictional knife the NECA figure was inspired by.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:47 am 

I picked up the Commando figure today (along with the Neca Dropship & APC). They're all pretty sweet. I've always liked the commandos since I saw Alien 3 as a kid. They were the only good part of the movie other than the Sulaco sistership IMO.

Post subject: Re: Weyland Yutani Commando Alien 3
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:24 pm 
THAT guy

Not much to work with...
This is the only thing remotely close to a screen cap I can see (isolated from an image in this thread)
Attachment:
Commando Knife screeen cap.jpg
Commando Knife screeen cap.jpg [ 63.06 KiB | Viewed 36441 times ]

This is the knife the NECA figure comes with. Hard to say how accurate the neca knife is to the film from this.
Attachment:
20160908_204138.jpg
20160908_204138.jpg [ 151.97 KiB | Viewed 36441 times ]

If the NECA knife is indeed correct, I believe this may have been the real world knife they had. (Of course the bolster/guard would have been hammered flat and the 'pins' screwed in from the top. The bottom loop on the butt would also have been straightened out. Some details from the NECA were surely altered for better molding in the extremely reduced size)

Attachment:
Alien 3 Cammando knife candidate.jpg
Alien 3 Cammando knife candidate.jpg [ 142.62 KiB | Viewed 36441 times ]

If anyone cares to hunt one down, I can't find a model # on this, but I know it is from Frost Cutlery and says "Japan" on the blade.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:42 pm 

More like this, Buckmaster 184 or a cheap clone i reckon.

Image[/URL][/img]

"People complain about the bad things that happen to 'em that they dont deserve but they seldom mention the good. About what they done to deserve them things. I dont recall that i ever give the good Lord all that much cause to smile on me. But he did." - 'No Country For Old Men'.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:36 am 
THAT guy

Yeah, nice find. That buck is def closer with the shallower serrations up top and more squat proportions. Now if only we could figure out if that style was ever actually used on screen and not just something NECA thought looked cool.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:28 pm 
noiD

Good find!, I hope it is the Buckknife. I actually have this knife in my collection.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:11 pm 
Harvester of Sorrow

Service Number: A04/TQ1.0.32156E1
Surely you have to hold that knife a certain way to avoid those spikes plunging into your hand??

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:12 pm 

Service Number: A05/TQ1.0.92155E1
Our chap in the middle here clearly has a knife with spikes turned around to face the same way as the blade - like the NECA knife.
I'm not at all sure about his mate to his left though (with the knife on his right leg).
Attachment:
ALIEN3_team1280.jpg
ALIEN3_team1280.jpg [ 251.94 KiB | Viewed 36140 times ]

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:44 pm 
THAT guy

88reaper88 wrote:
Surely you have to hold that knife a certain way to avoid those spikes plunging into your hand??

Just from my own experience, you do need to mind the spike, but it rests fairly comfortably on the top/inside of the hand during regular carrying. They would def be a bigger problem than help in a situation where you need to move frantically.

Normally you wouldn't have them on, though. Ideally they are only supposed to be screwed in when using the knife as a grappling hook to help scale walls and stuff when running a cable through the big loop at the bottom. Come to think of it, this is definitely and "80s knife". Lots of flare and aggressive style, but not necessarily practical in realistic scenarios!

WDI wrote:
Our chap in the middle here clearly has a knife with spikes turned around to face the same way as the blade - like the NECA knife.
I'm not at all sure about his mate to his left though (with the knife on his right leg).
[/attachment]

Good catch. Yeah, def looks like 2 different color handles at minimum. Possibly even 3 different knives (being that neither the dark nor light handle knife appear to have spikes in the other image). Although the color of handles could always be a trick of the light and it still could be the same knife just with the spikes not screwed in...
Attachment:
Commando Knife screeen cap1.jpg
Commando Knife screeen cap1.jpg [ 167.42 KiB | Viewed 36137 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:47 pm 

Hi all! It's been a while. QQ. Does anyone know where these pics originate? Someone in the past shared it through this forum. It almost looks like it was taken from a documentary. Appreciate any insight that anyone can provide as I would like to share a full video if it's available.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg [ 76.78 KiB | Viewed 35437 times ]

image.jpeg
image.jpeg [ 205.02 KiB | Viewed 35437 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:56 pm 

I think a number of them came from the extras of one of the older DVD box sets.

I'm not sure about those particular two though.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:03 pm 

Thanks for that insight. I tried to look it up on YouTube hoping the right one would be there but it's not. If anyone can point me in the right direction then I can post it on this thread. Plus I would love to see it!
WDI wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:15 am 

No luck mate. I found my 1998 DVD box set release and the documentary did not show that specific clip. Is there another version out there? The bluray boxset was extremely robust but did not have any quick clip of those pics I shared above. Have we missed anything? Such a mystery!

WDI wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:36 am 

Are they possibly just images in the DVD extras, rather than a documentary screen cap?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:58 am 

Unfortunately not, the '98 DVD has no pics, just the documentary and I already scanned the bluray images and nothing. A person in this forum name WDIMAGINEER2D posted the pic years ago.
WDI wrote:
Are they possibly just images in the DVD extras, rather than a documentary screen cap?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:02 pm 

That was me.

It wouldn't have been my photo; I'd have saved it previously from someone else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:51 pm 

Does anyone in this forum own a screen used Weyland Yutani scientist costume worn in Alien 3? I am interested in acquiring one. Appreciate if anyone can point me in the right direction or provide me with some insights.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg [ 357.44 KiB | Viewed 35410 times ]

image.jpeg
image.jpeg [ 76.58 KiB | Viewed 35410 times ]

image.jpeg
image.jpeg [ 113.73 KiB | Viewed 35410 times ]

image.jpeg
image.jpeg [ 717.4 KiB | Viewed 35410 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:28 pm 

Service Number: A05/TQ2.0.32141E1
That is clear PVC. Your best bet would be to go to one of the PVC clothing manufacturers and see if you can find out where to get such material, or commission them to build you one.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:35 pm 

Thanks for that info but I am looking for the actual costumes used in the film. I am not looking to make a replica this time around. Still thank you for your Insight.

knoxvilles_joker wrote:
That is clear PVC. Your best bet
would be to go to one of the PVC clothing manufacturers and see if you can find out where to get such material, or commission them to build you one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:33 am 

No sure if anyone owns the Japanese Making of Alien 3 book. I do and it has many great behind the scenes spfx and production photos, plus design sketches of the Weyland Yutani Commando backpack. Looks like its purpose was for medical reasons more so than military hardware. Here are the pics and translation. I'll share the other pics with translation as well.

"Rescue Concept Worker Design: This is a design plan for the rescue (commando) worker's standard equipment pack, but here the shoulder-to-shoulder part is a hard type. Although it seems to be difficult for practical use, if you think that it was developed assuming an antial war against the aliens, you can also understand how to make a hard work."

Screenshot_2017-09-24-20-27-55.png
Screenshot_2017-09-24-20-27-55.png [ 1.9 MiB | Viewed 35338 times ]

Screenshot_2017-09-24-20-27-52.png
Screenshot_2017-09-24-20-27-52.png [ 1.9 MiB | Viewed 35378 times ]

Last edited by zachilles on Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:20 pm 

Here is the next production design sketch of the Weyland Yutani Commando backpack.

Translation:
"In the back and back plan of the rescue worker, a unique one that covered the back of the head was considered. In addition, these series of costume concept / design were handled by TEN design consultants."

Screenshot_2017-09-24-20-28-01.png
Screenshot_2017-09-24-20-28-01.png [ 1.79 MiB | Viewed 35338 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:10 pm 

It's official! I am excited to own the screen used Weyland Yutani Commando costume worn in Alien 3.

Screenshot_2017-09-08-23-44-49-2.png
Screenshot_2017-09-08-23-44-49-2.png [ 551.27 KiB | Viewed 35327 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:14 pm 

Awesome! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:53 pm 
Prop Churner Outer

Service Number: A03/TQ1.0.12143G1
Congratulations!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next