The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1954 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 79  Next
 Post subject: Re: Introduce yourself
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:22 pm 

Service Number: A05/TQ2.0.32141E1
Knoxvilles Joker here with my wife Harley Quinn.

You have all probably seen my motion tracker thread. For my hobby work I build and invent and recode/hack existing code to make things work with some help. My focus on my builds is documentation and trying to help other new comers to the obsession. Due to the experiences with my father and his creativity in fixing anything mechanical or build anything someone says can't be done, I picked up a little bit of that. At work I fix computers for a living and invent fixes to odd problems from time to time.

I have a thread over on predatorium for my predator build and that unit has 7 sound buttons and plays almost 20 sounds. username is ksj there. Though not as accurate, the suit looks OK. I wish I had more time to play with Peppakura to get a screen accurate build. I had to focus on comfort more than accuracy on that build as I could be in the suit for 8 or more hours a day in the cosplay locations I go to.

My focus on builds is adhering to movie accuracy where financially possible and also making the build easily repeatable. I also do documentation on how I make things look a certain way so if someone wants to do their interpretation of things, that is much easier to do. I have been acquiring the comics as well and have been trying to amass source material to see where else we can make things more accurate.

My other hobbies include improving the family 8 acres of property along with maintenance, stoking father and grandmas stacks with firewood, taking on foster kids for respite (periods of no more than 72 hours typically,) finding new enriching experiences for my spouse and the occasional child we have.

I look forward to future contributions. My next project will be a smart gunner build.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:24 pm 

Service Number: A05/TQ2.0.32141E1
Dupe, sorry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:29 am 

So, I bumped into the USCM folks at Awesome Con in DC this weekend while doing a BSG cosplay (as one of the "other" Colonial Marines...go figure!) and actually didn't realize there was a costuming group for Aliens until then. Seeing as I was probably looking for a second cosplay option as it was (if nothing else, at the bigger/longer cons like D*Con it's sure nice to have something to alternate between) since I basically fell off the Star Wars wagon with the new universe.

I've done airsoft in the past (it has presently been far too long since I've been out on a field, sadly, though I think there's actually another gentleman in this group who I went to a Namsoft event with a few years back).

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:12 am 

Howdy everyone! New member of the board here. I've been a fan of Aliens since I saw it the first time in high school, back in 08. As a long time fan of military sci-fi, Aliens has always stood out to me as the quintessential example and the basis of most other mil-sci-fi. All of my favorite series' in the genre were either inspired by or are derivatives of the film and the Colonial Marines therein.

So, after years of dreaming, I've finally decided to take the plunge. I'm starting to assemble a kit and am getting ready for cosplay. I've got Polish desert camo fatigues (closest to the original look I could find without breaking the bank), boots, full set of patches and nametapes, and a pulse rifle all in the mail to me, and I look forward to meeting everyone out on the ready line!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:02 am 
Prop Churner Outer

Service Number: A03/TQ1.0.12143G1
Greetings guys!

Polish camo is awesome. If you look at group shots with Polish and film repro camo side by side it really holds up.

Star Wars, pffft. How stupid is a film series that goes back and makes some prequels that destroy all the mystery?? Oh, wait... ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:09 pm 

Hi everyone, I'm Peter from Poland.
I've worked on props for me, family and my friends for several years. Props are mostly from SW Universe (Me - mandalorian pilot, son - Boba Fett/TIE pilot, wife - Mara Jade) Always from scratch.
Some of my works are here : https://www.facebook.com/PejotStudio/ It is my props cave - my garrage :D.
Some years ago I promised my wife, that I make Vasquez for her with smartgun. I'll do it someday. Now, me with my friends from Poland get started to create Polish CM Squad :D. So, for my wife and me I want to prepare costumes of Ferro and Spunkmeyer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:17 pm 

Woohoo, I'm in! Introduction commencing...

I'm Greg and I'm yet another long term Aliens obsessive. From seeing the films to buying the comics to visiting Alien War back in the day (I went round twice) - and it was a special inclusive of a Predator appearance in the cocoon room :o .
AVP2 - the PC game, is to date the best FPS of the franchise and I would possibly be recognisable to some by the two handles I had over the years - kilphuqdie (a profile stolen by my brother who joined a clan using it after I'd put all the work in...) and then MYASS. If that rings a bell give me a wave ;-). I was usually creatively using my time playing survivor for hours on end.
I can't stand Prometheus and I hope never to see Alien Covenant or anything that follows that line of idiocy.
I've lurked and poured over this forum on countless occasions and felt it was time to join the fun.
In my spare time I keep snakes and jump about onstage in my metal band... But something has been missing... So I'm currently waiting on a box full of latex....
I may marine someday, but I'm really all about toothy death.
Anyway, look forward to spending time here with fellow enthusiasts.

Log complete... This is Greg... Eating the log enterer...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:18 pm 

Hey, everyone!

Long time Alien universe fan here. Has been one of my favorite things since middle school. In fact, my description of high school in the early 90's was playing hockey and drawing xenos and yaujta. Now I have jumped into the armor/prop/cosplay world since the little ones have come along. I joined the 501st a couple years ago after dressing up my 3 year old as a stormtrooper.

THe past couple months I've been putting together a couple marine helmets out of plastic liners, eva, and junk. Was such a blast. Just finished a foam mini pulse rifle a couple days ago.

ImageIMG_8999

ImageIMG_8988

Now I'm onto making my son an alien warrior costume so I've been scanning the web for ideas and tips.

I'll share the build on here! Look forward to chatting with you folks.

Peace!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:35 pm 
Prop Churner Outer

Welcome aboard folks!

Merr-Sonn: massive respect on those builds! I can't wait to see what you make for Colonial Marines.

Gregmonsta: more power to anyone who enjoys Prometheus, but I'm with you!

Red_2: that is great! I made a Xeno suit for my son last year, it was really fun. I'm still working on his Marine uniform. Awesome stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:33 pm 

Thanks, retro!

Do you have a build thread on that mini-xeno?

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:03 am 
Prop Churner Outer

I had to dig around but I did find one! Now I need to update it with pictures of the finished build!

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15929&hilit=dental

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:45 pm 

Sweet! Thanks, man! I'm starting this week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:45 am 
Prop Churner Outer

I updated my thread, check it out Red_2!

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:13 pm 

retrogarde wrote:
I updated my thread, check it out Red_2!

Ha ha! Sweet! Looks awesome!

I just picked some insulation foam for my son's. Gonna be a lot of head scratchin' and garage engineering for the head and jaw. So many different approaches. The rest is gonna be foam and foam. :D

Last edited by Red_2 on Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:31 am 

Helly my name is Terry. Big big Aliens fan, starting my own collection. Actually gone a little overboard with it. Currently making a stedicam smartgun rig. Trying to have one thing to represent all props in the movie.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:19 pm 

Greetings all! I'm a Aliens-obsessed fan for more decades now than I want to admit, and a costuming enthusiast (501st member) as well. When I was a kid, I worked at a cinema where the manager was as Aliens-obsessed as I am, and for six years we would discuss pretty much nothing but Aliens between movies. Life was good. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:26 pm 
reload

Service Number: A03/TQ3.0.12136E1
Welcome new Marines.

GERCM - Executive Officer (XO)
UKCM Foreign Legion: The Deviant Dragoons

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:57 am 

This recruit thanks you for the welcome, and reports that his M-41A arrived today, ready for October's FanBoy Expo:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:26 am 
Prop Churner Outer

Awesome! That's quite a lineup you have waiting for you. I'm pretty damned jealous!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:41 pm 

Hi from Spain, I have liked Alien since I saw it on the cinema long ago, and it has been one of my Hall of Fame movies since.

Best regards

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:00 am 

Hi my name is Babs, I am from Canada. I love the Alien series and have been cosplaying Ferro. Being a drop ship pilot would be so bad ass.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:05 am 
'Nuff said.

Service Number: A08/TQ0.0.12146E1
Welcome!

Thanks!

Greg

UKCM
Shoot first, think never.
Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun.
SMMFD
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he doesn't exist.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:07 am 

Hey hey BABssssss Knoxville is going to ROCK Welcome to the Legacy :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:55 am 
Get Some!

Service Number: A03/TQ1.0.02156E1
Coming back after a Helluva break. Still in Undergrad. Still slogging together the last little bits and pieces to finish my costume completely.

Hope everything has been well and I *really* need to get with you guys at DragonCon instead of lone-wolfing it.

This year has just been a bit hectic and my CM gear is buried in a storage unit and I couldn't nab it before heading down.

Saw some of you here and there this year, since apparently the AL and the Colonial Fleet pre-pre-prestage in the Hilton lobby at the same time before the parade.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:51 pm 

Waiting on camo and quick-release pistol-belt in the mail now, but this is what I've accumulated thus far:

Pouches: Polish Army OD
Patches: eBay
Belt: Military web-belt (needs buckle painted black)
Boots: Repro Vietnam-style GI boots
Watch: Vintage 80's style "Talking Alarm Watch" ($9 from eBay until I can find an affordable Seiko Pulsemeter)
Belt Tool: Actual Edison Giocattoli Secret Agent cap-gun (needs modification of barrel, I think?)
M-41A: Airsoft

The camo I'm waiting on is Polish Desert BDU's, until I can afford proper BDU's from Spatcave or Chef. Then on to the M3 armor! :)

Update: Polish Desert BDU's and pistol-belt arrived today, being sent off to seamstress next week for necessary mods and sewing on patches. Will have tons of questions about BDU's soon.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1954 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 79  Next