The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: LOGAN....
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:40 am 
Who went and saw this?

I love Wolverine...arguably my most favorite comic book character. I think this was the strongest of the series yet, and Patrick Stewart and Hugh Jackman were brilliant. The R rating was what the previous iterations needed.

But....

I thought the movie was very monotone. Almost like Empire Strikes Back, but without any of the upswings of mood. For me it was 2 hours of morose sadness and a somewhat one dimensional "Logan" and even more one dimensional bad guys. In short, I wish the writers/producers/others decided on a slightly different story line with a more full spectrum of ambiance and mood.

Both my wife and I left feeling distinctly unentertained. Like we were at a funeral for a 2nd cousin or something. I know we are in the minority but still, anyone else find issues with it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:54 pm 
First to Die.

Service Number: A10/TQ2.0.72155E1
My wife and I did too. I didn't outright hate it but if I don't see it again no biggie. I don't want to spoil it but I hated the villain too cliche. Rather saw a different weapon x subject or even sabretooth. I did like the Reavers though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:56 pm 

I spent 2 hours absolutely wrapped. I thought it was fantastic.

I was sitting with 3 people dressed as Wolverine and I was sporting a set of my own claws so maybe a bit biased.

Best superhero filum since Deadpool or Guardians of the Galaxy for me.