The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:40 pm 
I Don't Roll on Shabbas

Sigourney isn't getting any younger and neither is Ridley, so it's a shame they don't make both films concurrently or consecutively which, if managed well, could save production costs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:26 am 

Service Number: A01/TQ2.0.42137E1
Had a brief chat with Michael Biehn at Crypticon. He said he's definitely interested, but he has yet to see a script or contract. He also stated - quite emphatically - that if Hicks was going to be in the movie, he must have a "good death."

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:12 am 

Erik_MAA wrote:
Had a brief chat with Michael Biehn at Crypticon. He said he's definitely interested, but he has yet to see a script or contract. He also stated - quite emphatically - that if Hicks was going to be in the movie, he must have a "good death."

He definitely wont want to go out as baby bait!

Carrie Henn teasing today - http://www.avpgalaxy.net/2015/11/14/car ... to-aliens/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:04 pm 
I Don't Roll on Shabbas

Interesting. I hope it's something to do with the real movies and not the lame Alien Identity. That thing was shaping up to be a box of bollocks.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:23 pm 

ADC wrote:
Interesting. I hope it's something to do with the real movies and not the lame Alien Identity. That thing was shaping up to be a box of bollocks.

Not a fan?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:41 am 
I Don't Roll on Shabbas

Well, we'll never know. But here's what I do know.

I thought the promotional/fund raising 'campaign' showed a lack of class and I think the whole shebang was a set up all along for their 'original idea' which sounds like garbage, too.

With fan films, just go and make it. The Predator/Dark Ages thing, that was really cool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:43 pm 

Fair enough. I thoroughly enjoyed Dark Ages.

Henn posted another update on Twitter: "Exciting things regarding #Aliens...that in mind, I'm not in talks for Aliens5, guaranteed excitement for fans of the franchise #Aliens30th".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:41 am 

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/2015/11/20/mic ... h-to-newt/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:21 am 

Update: According to a Michael Biehn page on Facebook, Biehn was merely speculating during the Icons of Fright interview: “The press sometimes has a way of misinterpreting what is actually said. When I was interviewed and asked what my thoughts were about the Alien 5 Movie, I was SPECULATING what the Alien 5 story “might” be about. And if i did know the plot point I would certainly not reveal them before the movie was released let alone before it went into production.”

So perhaps the interview was mistranscribed by Icons of Fright as it certainly sounds as if Michael Biehn was talking definitively judging from the text in the interview.

Update #2 – In addition to the above statement from Facebook, The Terminator Fans have also posted an update they obtained from a representative for Michael Biehn: “The interviewer clearly misunderstood the context of Michael’s words and as a result he has sadly been misrepresented, and very much wishes to set the record straight. Anything previously stated was pure speculation on Michael’s part as to where the franchise could possibly head in the future; with ideas that have already been speculated by fans.”

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/2015/11/20/mic ... h-to-newt/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:02 pm 

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/2016/04/21/sig ... s-alien-5/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:32 pm 
Prop Churner Outer

Service Number: A03/TQ1.0.12143G1
Sigourney is a straight shooter, I believe her when she says this is still on track.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:32 pm 

I had no doubt that they intended to keep to their word. Scott said all along it would come after Covenant. I just hope - and I'm slightly fearful of this - that any negative response to Covenant isn't going to impact on Alien 3.2

Post subject: Re: A L I E N FIVE Neill Blomkamp's A L I E N movie
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:41 am 
Ready to Rock & Roll!

Service Number: A08/TQ2.0.72136E1
Just posted by Neill on Instagram/Twitter:

image.jpeg
image.jpeg [ 161.31 KiB | Viewed 10252 times ]

"I'd like to die at the age of 80 in my own bed, with a belly full of wine and a girl's mouth around my c**k."
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:16 am 
Mobile Mayhem

Service Number: A10/TQ1.O.32157E1
looks alot like Carrie Henn! *fingers crossed!*

Read the AL Charter Rules & Regulations: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1i3gd9QUyIqI_6rfk8kpxspbKU-JT4MBAjLPxfCkvGJ8

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:15 am 
I Don't Roll on Shabbas

Wow, that is Carrie Henn. Maybe she's been auditioning and it's working out. It would great if she was up to it, as well as amazing considering she hasn't acted since the other movie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:58 am 
Harvester of Sorrow

Service Number: A04/TQ1.0.32156E1
I'm pretty sure that's just a mocked up photo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:20 pm 
Mobile Mayhem

Service Number: A10/TQ1.O.32157E1
88reaper88 wrote:
I'm pretty sure that's just a mocked up photo

Indeed but since it looks very much like Carrie Henn now, it could mean they are casting her

Read the AL Charter Rules & Regulations: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1i3gd9QUyIqI_6rfk8kpxspbKU-JT4MBAjLPxfCkvGJ8

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:28 pm 
I Don't Roll on Shabbas

Of course it's mocked up and it isn't even a photo, it's an illustration but the point is, it looks as though NB may have her in mind to actually reprise her role as Newt.
If he and the producers thought she had the chops to do it, then I think that'd be really great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:15 am 

Sooo awesome!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:42 am 

ADC wrote:
Of course it's mocked up and it isn't even a photo, it's an illustration but the point is, it looks as though NB may have her in mind to actually reprise her role as Newt.
If he and the producers thought she had the chops to do it, then I think that'd be really great.

Yeah, that's what I find most interesting too! I had just assumed the role would be recast. It'll be interesting to know how seriously Carrie is being considered!

Some new comments from yesterday's Town Hall showing: http://www.avpgalaxy.net/2016/04/27/ali ... ien-story/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:42 pm 

I think she does not want to play in a movie anymore...

Post subject: Re: A L I E N FIVE Neill Blomkamp's A L I E N movie
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:27 am 

There was a fairly risible article in the Guardian recently about this, extolling Blomkamp's 'wonderful new fantasy timeline' that means Alien 3 'never happened'. Some ludicrous Star Wars comparisons feature.

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/ap ... eus-sequel

It's all nonsense speculation and it doesn't add anything new but I'm really interested by how many people think bringing Ripley et al back would be a good idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:21 pm 

Yeah, I saw and shook my head at that one. Also bugged me from a journalist POV that they didn't actually trace back those comments to its source on Aggressive Comix. It's small but it bothers the shit out of my when people don't do that.

I'd prefer them not to retcon 3 and 4 or set it as a parallel sequel or whatever, but assuming it's good I'll be happy. It will be nice to see Hicks back on screen.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 11:57 pm 

Corp_Hicks wrote:
I'd prefer them not to retcon 3 and 4 or set it as a parallel sequel or whatever, but assuming it's good I'll be happy. It will be nice to see Hicks back on screen.

If Alien3 can retcon ALIENS' climax by having Ripley's choice to rescue Newt a mistake in order to justify the film's existence, I say it's fair game if Alien3 is retconned out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 4:49 am 

As Aliens ended with all the main characters going to sleep, I have zero problem with anything that came after being some sort of hypersleep dream. Plus, when has continuity ever really been etched in stone - we have Weylan to Weyland, Charles Bishop Weyland in AvP and Peter in Prometheus, the Sulaco logo magically turning white, hypersleep cryo-tubes completely changing shape and form (unless it WAS a dream ;)), multiple facehuggers on the Sulaco, the size difference between the Jockey and the Engineers, Billie and Wilks and back again (if you want to look at the EU), Colonial Marines being "canon," I mean, the list goes on...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next