The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: Global AvP
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:35 am 

Hey guys, first I want to thank you for having me. I have been searching for AvP communities to inform them of a website I created a short while ago. It will showcase game modifications; information on general AVP merchandise and films; and news on Alien or Predator. We have a forum and are currently looking forward to develop a staff. If this might be something you guys are interested in feel free to sign up on our boards or just drop by for a visit.

http://www.globalavp.com

This website is a reboot of PlanetAvP as we try to present our content in a similar format.

Thank you for your time :)

-Apollo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:19 pm 
Hellooo Nurse!

Service Number: A03/TQ1.0.02153E1
Looked at your website and your forums and have some thoughts.

Website critique:
As it is a new page, I understand that not everything is going to be available to users right away. HOWEVER, the information you do have on the respected franchises is out of date (AVP2 from 2001 being the latest game with info). Things will improve over time, so its okay.

Forum critique:

The biggest point of negativity comes from your "wasteland" section where you allow hate speech and threats against staff and other members. While I can't speak for the group on a whole, I personally feel that that section alone could hurt the image of this group. With us, everyone is welcome to join no matter who, what, where they are.

Post subject: Re: Global AvP
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:53 am 

So that's why I couldn't get Apollo as a username :lol:

I am trying to update information from films to the novelizations in specific order. There will be over 200 pages of brief information on each individual piece of merchandise and that isn't including figurines and other items, meaning that there might even be double the amount of estimated pages!

As for the Wasteland, I should put a disclaimer on there that anything within the section does not represent Global AvP. The idea came from an experiment done on another forum in which users whom were banned were given a specific forum to post in until their ban expired. It worked extremely well surprisingly, even though I doubted the administrator's idea and dismissed it as theoretically impractical. We didn't have to worry about marketers because they would go to that forum to post their products; we didn't worry about trolls because they were far more entertained with meaningless discussions; we didn't also have to worry about 'bannies' (banned users) becoming repeat offenders.

Essentially, most users don't go there, I myself don't glance in it and although a lawless forum may sound captivating at first I think rationalization kicks in and it becomes avoided.

As for discrimination, that is in no way associated with Global AvP. As the name sake suggests, I hope for people around the world to join! A small plan in the future is to implicate language sub sections in each forum so that anyone from any country can feel comfortable having a discussion without having to be forced to speak a language they are not familiar with.

Thank you for your input. Especially for the Wasteland, I'll be sure to pin a disclaimer topic as well as a disclaimer description to avoid the turmoil it may cause.

I really appreciate it Apollo. :)

Post subject: Re: Global AvP
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:22 am 

So a lot of Adjustments have been made to the site. This is its current domain and a lot of the aforementioned notions were taken in consideration. The wastland is now gone and the format and layout of the site completely changed. Come drop by one of these days and say hi on our forums. I love this community and wish Aliens Legacy the best from Global AvP :)

http://www.globalavp.info