The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ultimate "Found Item" prop list (and printable check lis
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:35 pm 

Nice tread. I'll sure be subscribing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:45 pm 

Service Number: a02/tq2.0.12143e1
Great idea Matt getting it into the Archive. Lets get the archive up to date and delete all the old post. A lot don't make any sense or new info has come to light.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:59 pm 

bigbisont asked if he could use one of my photos that I posted in a RPF tread on the dropship helmet, since its not been added yet and the fact that I am inpatient... lol, I'll just upload it myself.

And here is the back story.

I have searched the internet wide and far, up and down, for the bicycle pump hose that people have been using, which also could be the very original one found on the helmets. I contacted multiple members regarding the hose, but no one really knew anything about the manufacturer. Well, I found that information. The producer is Belvin, an Italian company. I bought 4 of them because I intend to produce both helmets. Why one when you can have two.

There is more good news. As I'm writing this, there are 2 left on ebay. But at least now everyone know what to look for

Here is the ebay link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181662982579

Heads up, there is non left. The last two was sold shortly after I posted this - so you know.

Aliens-Dropship-Helmet-Bicycle-pump-conncetor-hose.jpg
Aliens-Dropship-Helmet-Bicycle-pump-conncetor-hose.jpg [ 824.9 KiB | Viewed 31842 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:11 pm 
THAT guy

Service Number: A03/TQ2.0.02146E1
Oneminde wrote:
bigbisont asked if he could use one of my photos that I posted in a RPF tread on the dropship helmet, since its not been added yet and the fact that I am inpatient... lol, I'll just upload it myself.

Hey there! Welcome back and thanks. I am gathering up some stuff to hit a 'big post' update so I have not posted some of the pics yet. I've got a few more pics and a few more rough spots to flesh out and hopefully have a clean and easy to follow update here later this week.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:38 pm 

bigbisont wrote:
Oneminde wrote:

Hey there! Welcome back and thanks. I am gathering up some stuff to hit a 'big post' update so I have not posted some of the pics yet. I've got a few more pics and a few more rough spots to flesh out and hopefully have a clean and easy to follow update here later this week.

Kewl stuff. Always good with a big tread and lots of resource.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:04 pm 

Service Number: A07/TQ2.0.12129E1
Dietrich's helmet cadeus Vietnam period US army issue nurse's insignia

nursewing.jpg
nursewing.jpg [ 37.14 KiB | Viewed 31826 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:03 pm 
THAT guy

-Just a quick heads up. I updated the "1 page checklist" at the top of the first post. v2.0 is posted and available to print/save.

That pdf is not intended as a 'complete' reference with pictures, but rather is just a handy checklist to have a convenient 1 page document to throw around/write on with everything included. It has boxes for you to check off what "original" and "replica" items you have or are targeting in your own collections.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:57 pm 

In case anyone is planing to build the Locator Tube, here is a great advice for the 3 digit display. Just secured 3 pcs for myself. There is a 99% chance that it was this display or another very similar HP display. Non the less, these types are rare and hard to come by so don't wait.

HP 5082-7433, 3 DIGIT LED NUMERICAL DISPLAY

Some info for the display.
http://arduous.orcinus.me/2011/07/yummy ... are-yummy/

The Ebay auction were I bought mine:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161529811613? ... EBIDX%3AIT

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 6:43 pm 
THAT guy

So in all seriousness, what are the odds we can buckle down and find this dang thing? Or has it already been positively ID'd and I missed it?

Attachment:
Wire Elbow.jpg
Wire Elbow.jpg [ 154.46 KiB | Viewed 31484 times ]

It is crazy unique with that design.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:41 am 

Service Number: A07/TQ1.0.32140E1
Moosh89 wrote:
YAY! My first real contribution to this awesome thread!!

Apologies if it has been discovered in the past, but I found the "gyroscope" toy that sits in the Sulaco Mess Hall on the tables!

It is the "Westminster 2871 Revolving Cosmos Perpetual Motion Desktop Toy"!

I just found a few on ebay from different sellers, I grabbed one for $50 CAD shipped, but its much cheaper in the US!, No links, just search for the above :)

Attachment:
Westminster 2871 Revolving Cosmos Perpetual Motion Desktop Toy.jpg

Attachment:
Westminster 2871 Revolving Cosmos Perpetual Motion Desktop Toy Aliens comparison.jpg

Awesome! Thank you Moosh89!

This thread is full of win, but finding one of these gyroscopes totally made my day, and I couldn't have done it without you. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:26 am 
Mobile Mayhem

Service Number: A10/TQ1.O.32157E1
Yay! I helped! haha

Just a heads up, if you let it whirl a lot, the battery drains quick in my opinion! it doesn't stay in motion for longer than a minute without a battery with juice in it! I've been having a blast with mine!

Read the AL Charter Rules & Regulations: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1i3gd9QUyIqI_6rfk8kpxspbKU-JT4MBAjLPxfCkvGJ8

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:42 pm 

Moosh89 wrote:
Yay! I helped! haha

Just a heads up, if you let it whirl a lot, the battery drains quick in my opinion! it doesn't stay in motion for longer than a minute without a battery with juice in it! I've been having a blast with mine!

I shall have to stock up on batteries then... Can't wait to get my hands on it. Another friend of mine who is also a big fan of "Aliens" saw the link to this on the Bay o' E when I shared it on the Book o' Face last night, and got giddy because he had one as a kid. :D

Last edited by Trooper 1974 on Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:18 pm 
Prop Churner Outer

Service Number: A03/TQ1.0.12143G1
If you look closely there are two different styles of these on the mess hall table. Luckily I like this one better anyway! They make more noise than you might think!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:25 pm 

retrogarde wrote:
If you look closely there are two different styles of these on the mess hall table. Luckily I like this one better anyway! They make more noise than you might think!

Heh. Is it wrong (or oh so right) that, upon reading the above quoted material, I immediately thought the quote below?

"In space, nobody can hear [the noise these cool toys make.]"

:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:43 am 
Mobile Mayhem

retrogarde wrote:

Whaat?? Really!??

Another reason to rewatch!

Read the AL Charter Rules & Regulations: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1i3gd9QUyIqI_6rfk8kpxspbKU-JT4MBAjLPxfCkvGJ8

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:26 pm 

Service Number: A12/TQ2.0.02132E1
schotti wrote:
Here is what i found for my helmet Bild.

I also found this reflecta 3002
Video lamp.

image.jpg
image.jpg [ 481.44 KiB | Viewed 31124 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:42 am 
Mobile Mayhem

K, whoever figured out that the colony TVs were Panasonic Quintrix video monitors beat me to the punch by a long shot!!

I literally just figured that out the hard way after months of struggling, looking at bluray stills.

However, it is not the TC-1100GN model, or the TC-801xx model either. We are looking for a "widescreen" version.

See below:

Post subject: Re: Ultimate "Found Item" prop list/hunt(printable checklist
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:26 pm 

Nice job! Is it a widescreen version of the tv though, or simply the usual 4:3 pan & scan with some kind of vac-formed tray inserted to make it look widescreen?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:49 am 
Veni, vidi, bibi cerevisia

Service Number: A04/TQ1.0.52130E1
Perhaps with a Fresnel lens over the top? I'm not aware of any widescreen CRTs being built back then, but I could be wrong as there may have been some pro monitors used for film editing or something along those lines.

-scoff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:31 am 
Mobile Mayhem

It's got to be a different model but closely related to the TC-801xx

Here's a quick comparison of two instances where we see this TV in the film, As the Vidcomm and the CCTVs in Operations. (It is also the Hypersleep monitors, Medlab monitors)

As you can see the rear of the TV is ever so slightly different. The label is different and there's an extra "bit" I've pointed to on the film TV that is missing from the TC-801xx.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 3:48 pm 
THAT guy

I am not prepared to say I "Found" Gorman's belt exactly. But I found one very very close.

-Gorman wore the same belt for his "Service C" and "Field OD" uniforms.
-It is a "Garrison belt" (aka "duty" or "Service" belt) with a weave pattern embossed on.
-It has a thin rectangular brass buckle with 1 adjustment post/hole (meaning most likely a 1-3/4 inch width. Generally the 2"+ belts have 2 posts/holes in the buckle for adjusting)

Attachment:
Gorman's belt (same for both uniforms).jpg
Gorman's belt (same for both uniforms).jpg [ 120.51 KiB | Viewed 28618 times ]

The exact imprinted pattern may never be known, but it looks like there are 4 'lines' of shadow implying the separation of 5 overall 'rows'. The top and bottom row are almost certainly smooth (as is common of the style and semi visible in the screen grabs). That means there are likely 3 rows of 'pattern'.

The "Taskforce" model 1304 checks all the boxes. I am sure there are dozens of other brands and models that check all the boxes as well, but figured it was worth sharing.

Attachment:
Officer Belt candidate 3.jpg
Officer Belt candidate 3.jpg [ 123.03 KiB | Viewed 28618 times ]

Last edited by bigbisont on Fri May 05, 2017 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 4:41 pm 

It's probably a right-angle audio jack... but which one? :cries:

bigbisont wrote:
So in all seriousness, what are the odds we can buckle down and find this dang thing? Or has it already been positively ID'd and I missed it?

Attachment:
Wire Elbow.jpg

It is crazy unique with that design.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:29 pm 
Mobile Mayhem

Wildcatter Drill

As seen in the Jorden (Newt's parents) tractor in the Special Edition. Kango 501 Breaker/Hammer Drill, painted yellow

Attachment:
Wildcatter Drill Kango 501.jpg
Wildcatter Drill Kango 501.jpg [ 233.14 KiB | Viewed 27263 times ]

Attachment:
kango-electric-hammers-drilling-rotary-demolition-big-breaker-brochure-5931-p.jpg
kango-electric-hammers-drilling-rotary-demolition-big-breaker-brochure-5931-p.jpg [ 110.16 KiB | Viewed 27263 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:36 pm 

Is it for sure that the switch used for the smart gun is only from either of 2 kawasaki models? (KZ750 or GPZ750)

I'm definitely seeing it on other kawasaki bikes!

All right, sweethearts, what are you waiting for? Breakfast in bed? Another glorious day in the Corps! A day in the Marine Corps is like a day on the farm. Every meal's a banquet! Every paycheck a fortune! Every formation a parade! I LOVE the Corps!

Last edited by bughunt10 on Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:06 pm 
Mobile Mayhem

Great question bughunt10

Adding another question: Which Plastruct lamp is used on the Hand Welder, the LF-312 or the LF-314?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next