The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: Where Can I Find A: Gerber MK II
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 8:22 pm 
Do you have one for sale or trade? Or know of someone? Please let me know.
Edited by: [url=http://pub217.ezboard.com/bthealienslegacy.showUserPublicProfile?gid=williegoldman>Willie Goldman[/url] at: 4/13/04 1:31 am

Post subject: Re: Someone please help me find a Gerber MK II.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 11:43 pm 
You'd better have a lot of money, because they certainly fetch a pretty penny... :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 11:44 pm 
well you got1 of 3 choices

a prop gerber, good price great detale

a real gerber off of ebay (type Gerber Mark II in the search aera)

go to gun shows and get lucky

Pain can be avoided by not caring

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 11:36 pm 
There are quite a few on ebay. How much is a resonable price to pay?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:05 am 
The problem with these is that they are also a Vietnam War collectible. So, most of the time you are competing against the militaria collectors who have deep pockets for these knives. A Gerber will probably run around $200-250. That's chump change when you compare to other VN knives that can go for upwards of $2500 or more! :shock:

I've seen lil 4 inch (blade) copies in Thailand for $5 but couldn't find them when I was looking last time.

"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers...For he today that sheds his blood with me
shall be my brother."Edited by: [url=http://pub217.ezboard.com/bthealienslegacy.showUserPublicProfile?gid=menatarms>MENATARMS[/url] at: 3/21/04 9:13 pm

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 6:16 am 
any good knock offs? I always see HSN selling 100 knives for a $100.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 11:16 am 
I'm going to have to show you guys this knock off Gerber that I have seen in Thailand, provided that I get back over there first!

"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers...For he today that sheds his blood with me
shall be my brother."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 3:45 pm 
I think I paid $100-150 for mine. Some nutter was bidding on every single Gerber up for auction at that time, so it made the price go alittle crazy.
"Being dead means not having an opinion"

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 7:20 pm 
100-150 seems to be the going price for the silver bladed one. The ones with the black powder blade ("do the thing with the knife" version) go for much higher. I have one of the black bladed ones in mint condition that I've been toying with the idea of selling or trading...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 12:10 am 
cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI...%3AIT&rd=1

Someone nabbed this one from me. I thought it looked pretty close for $10, $11 of course was way out of my price range;)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 1:01 am 
Good eye, Joe! In the absense of a real Gerber, I think that you found knife would be a fine substitute!

-Alex

"The M41-A. When you absolutely, positively have to kill every mofo in the room. Accept no substitutes."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 3:24 am 
Joe,

That's exactly the Gerber knock off I have. I think it is the closest affordable match. It's not double edged though.

Kevin
The Sarge's Site
[url=http://ca.photos.yahoo.com/bc/ssgtburton/lst?.dir=/Sarge%27s+Pics&.src=ph&.order=&.view=t
&.done=http%3a//ca.photos.yahoo.com/]Sarge's Pics[/url]

"Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat."

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 4:30 am 
My Gerber was a silver blade one that Jim got powder coated black for me. It does the job and has a nice heft.

Of course, it is only for display....

Cheers

Tony
When you are out of Pulse Rifles, you are out of Weapons!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]