The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:11 pm 

We're they able to hand out legacy awards ? Can't wait to see pics and hopefully a video of it .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:18 pm 
Prop Churner Outer

Service Number: A03/TQ1.0.12143G1
Michael seems to have finally learned to control his trigger finger!

Post subject: Re: ALIENS EXPOsed - Calgary Expo 2014
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:27 pm 
Ready to Rock & Roll!

Service Number: A08/TQ2.0.72136E1
More pics of the panel, with lots of laughs by the looks of it. :D

https://www.flickr.com/photos/calgaryex ... 356455602/

Someone in an Aliens xeno suit was there!

"I'd like to die at the age of 80 in my own bed, with a belly full of wine and a girl's mouth around my c**k."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:34 pm 
Ready to Rock & Roll!

Oh my! :oops:

image.jpg
image.jpg [ 170.84 KiB | Viewed 13730 times ]

"I'd like to die at the age of 80 in my own bed, with a belly full of wine and a girl's mouth around my c**k."
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:38 pm 
Ready to Rock & Roll!

Resurrection xeno:

image.jpg
image.jpg [ 167.03 KiB | Viewed 13729 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:01 am 

Wow must have been awesome !

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:38 am 
Duke Bronson

PVB wrote:
Yeah. And she's lost a ton of weight, too.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:02 am 
'Nuff said.

Service Number: A08/TQ0.0.12146E1
MSgt Baldwin wrote:
PVB wrote:
Yeah. And she's lost a ton of weight, too.

Agree!

Thanks!

Greg

UKCM
Shoot first, think never.
Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun.
SMMFD
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he doesn't exist.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:44 am 
noiD

retrogarde wrote:
Michael seems to have finally learned to control his trigger finger!

Nope, he had it on the trigger of my Pulse rifle when he posed with it after signing it.

Was nice to finally meet some of you who attended!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:56 am 
THAT guy

Service Number: A03/TQ2.0.02146E1
Its hard to organize my thoughts at the moment. Not a lot of sleep this weekend, but man a lot of memories!!! Im waiting at the airport bar for the first of what will be 3 flights eventually getting me home. Gonna be a long night so I'll l have much more to add later but I gotta say the forum members in attendance absolutely killed it! Such an amazing weekend so thank you guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:19 am 
Pint of AB negative please

Service Number: A09/TQ2.0.12136E1
Seen some fantastic pics on both G and Melissa's Facebook pages im sure they will post them here too

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:08 am 
Expendable

Service Number: A05/TQ0.0.52155E1
looks like a great time was had! extremely jealous!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:51 pm 

I wonder if Carrie Henn could still do the "Newt Scream..?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:14 pm 
Victim

Service Number: A86/TQ3.4.49421E3
nocternus wrote:
Seen some fantastic pics on both G and Melissa's Facebook pages im sure they will post them here too

Hopefully, thought there would be a ton of pictures from this on here by now. :?

you can't take the PUNK outa Spunkmeyer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:25 pm 
Prop Churner Outer

I think folks are just catching their breath. This must have been quite a whirlwind!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:16 pm 
THAT guy

carrief wrote:

Rumor was she definitely could! A couple of them were dragging and pretty late Sunday. Word on the street was after the Exposed event they were all taken on a bus to a private party where things got pretty wild. Carrie mentioned while signing autographs that she was a bit hoarse because Reiser challenged her to show if she still 'had it' at some point in the night.

punkmarine wrote:
nocternus wrote:

Hopefully, thought there would be a ton of pictures from this on here by now. :?

retrogarde wrote:
I think folks are just catching their breath. This must have been quite a whirlwind!

Exactly! Man my second flight got delayed causing me to miss my 3rd flight. Then I called up a pal in DC and just had him give me a lift and drive me home rather than wait for the rescheduled flight. Turns out my kid is sick, so that same pal stuck around to babysit so we didn't have to call off work! The chaos continues long after the craziness is over!

In any case, I don't have toooo many pictures. Andrew (ADC) obviously has the best haul, but I know him and Darren were going to New York afterwards. He did mention they probably wouldn't be able to get many pictures sorted out until they got back home next week.

I myself had some timing issues resulting in a dead phone most of Saturday. I am pretty sparse on my own pics.

Attachment:
CAM00415 (2).jpg
CAM00415 (2).jpg [ 209.53 KiB | Viewed 13617 times ]

Me and the infamous Abe! (prior to the Exposed event).

The best pic I had of the event from my seat (but found many great ones online)
Attachment:
CAM00444.jpg
CAM00444.jpg [ 181.25 KiB | Viewed 13615 times ]

Sunday I had a full charge on the camera, but the schedule was so hectic I was barely able to whip it out. (not to mention I saved the "hard stuff" for sunday, and in most of those places they have very strict rules for photographs. INSANE STUFF. But I won't tell others' stories for them here!...)

I did get Jeanette though! Very cool woman.
Attachment:
Vaz Sig.jpg
Vaz Sig.jpg [ 192.36 KiB | Viewed 13617 times ]

Everyone was very cool and friendly. Much of the time they were just hanging out themselves and very approachable. I gotta say Ricco was hands down the coolest guy in the room though. Lance and Jeanette were very cool as well. I wish I had come up with more worthwhile things to say because I KNOW they would have happily spent more time chatting. But I often drew a blank and had to roll on out to avoid being a creepy guy staring in awkward silence!

This was the forum crew at the end of the day Sunday back at Andrew's hotel. Andrew, Garreth, Moosh, Moosh's mom, Darren, and myself. Tyler and Marla were hanging out and a lot of fun, but had already headed home by the time this pic was taken. This was kind of late in the evening.
Attachment:
CAM00458.jpg
CAM00458.jpg [ 186.85 KiB | Viewed 13617 times ]

Such a great time and so happy to meet everyone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:44 pm 
Mobile Mayhem

Service Number: A10/TQ1.O.32157E1
Wow!, what a weekend!

Just waiting for the dust to settle then I should be able to provide a full after action report! Lots to say!!

What I can say now is it was a blast meeting everyone! After that group photo at Andrew, Darren and Gareth's hotel, we said our "See ya"'s in hopes that someday our paths would cross again! Mom and I honestly can't thank you all enough for the memorable weekend!

M.

Read the AL Charter Rules & Regulations: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1i3gd9QUyIqI_6rfk8kpxspbKU-JT4MBAjLPxfCkvGJ8

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:05 pm 
Prop Churner Outer

Bigbisont: fraternising with the enemy while in your Service C's?? You should be court martialed!

Great photos, you guys look great and the event looks like it was a blast!

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:10 pm 

bigbisont wrote:
carrief wrote:

Rumor was she definitely could! A couple of them were dragging and pretty late Sunday. Word on the street was after the Exposed event they were all taken on a bus to a private party where things got pretty wild. Carrie mentioned while signing autographs that she was a bit hoarse because Reiser challenged her to show if she still 'had it' at some point in the night.

punkmarine wrote:
nocternus wrote:

retrogarde wrote:

Exactly! Man my second flight got delayed causing me to miss my 3rd flight. Then I called up a pal in DC and just had him give me a lift and drive me home rather than wait for the rescheduled flight. Turns out my kid is sick, so that same pal stuck around to babysit so we didn't have to call off work! The chaos continues long after the craziness is over!

In any case, I don't have toooo many pictures. Andrew (ADC) obviously has the best haul, but I know him and Darren were going to New York afterwards. He did mention they probably wouldn't be able to get many pictures sorted out until they got back home next week.

I myself had some timing issues resulting in a dead phone most of Saturday. I am pretty sparse on my own pics.

Attachment:
CAM00415 (2).jpg

Me and the infamous Abe! (prior to the Exposed event).

The best pic I had of the event from my seat (but found many great ones online)
Attachment:
CAM00444.jpg

Sunday I had a full charge on the camera, but the schedule was so hectic I was barely able to whip it out. (not to mention I saved the "hard stuff" for sunday, and in most of those places they have very strict rules for photographs. INSANE STUFF. But I won't tell others' stories for them here!...)

I did get Jeanette though! Very cool woman.
Attachment:
Vaz Sig.jpg

Everyone was very cool and friendly. Much of the time they were just hanging out themselves and very approachable. I gotta say Ricco was hands down the coolest guy in the room though. Lance and Jeanette were very cool as well. I wish I had come up with more worthwhile things to say because I KNOW they would have happily spent more time chatting. But I often drew a blank and had to roll on out to avoid being a creepy guy staring in awkward silence!

This was the forum crew at the end of the day Sunday back at Andrew's hotel. Andrew, Garreth, Moosh, Moosh's mom, Darren, and myself. Tyler and Marla were hanging out and a lot of fun, but had already headed home by the time this pic was taken. This was kind of late in the evening.
Attachment:
CAM00458.jpg

Such a great time and so happy to meet everyone.

Kool Pics!! Aw man, that would have been so kool and hilarious (at the same time) if Carrie did the scream. She should do that for the fans when she goes to an event.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:54 am 
Perfect Organism

Service Number: A96/TQ1.8.34962E2
PVB wrote:

Funny, that! Abe mentioned to me that he was there. :)

It was an exhausting weekend, but it was great - meeting up with old friends and new. Stoked to meet Moosh and her mom, bigbisont and Xeno_Stomper.

The event was pretty good - very large and a great venue. Unfortunately, the size of the venue meant I spent most of my time rushing and running around! There were three other Xenos there, including a father and son.

I saw panels with Jenette Goldstein and Mark Rolston, Bill Paxton, the whole-cast panel on the Saturday night, and Sigourney Weaver. All the panels were really nicely done and very interesting.

I had a couple of brief meetings with Weaver - she was really friendly and seemed really genuine. She sent her agent to find me to make sure she could get a photo with me on her phone!

Weaver_small.jpg
Weaver_small.jpg [ 180.67 KiB | Viewed 13560 times ]

Cast_small.jpg
Cast_small.jpg [ 238.33 KiB | Viewed 13560 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:46 am 

Amazing pic Abe . That pic is one in a life time . I don't see them coming together like that again . So amazing to have them all together like that . Great stuff , thanks for sharing your pics

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:44 pm 
Victim

Service Number: A86/TQ3.4.49421E3
Love the pics Gareth and bigbisont. 8)

you can't take the PUNK outa Spunkmeyer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:02 pm 
Ready to Rock & Roll!

Pug50 wrote:
PVB wrote:

Nobody tells me nuffink. :wink: :D

I didn't see the collar either, so wasn't clued in very much.
:xeno:

Gonna use that cast pic as my work PC desktop wallpaper. 8)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:53 pm 
THAT guy

Pug50 wrote:
PVB wrote:

It was an exhausting weekend, but it was great - meeting up with old friends and new. Stoked to meet Moosh and her mom, bigbisont and Xeno_Stomper.

The event was pretty good - very large and a great venue. Unfortunately, the size of the venue meant I spent most of my time rushing and running around! There were three other Xenos there, including a father and son.

I saw panels with Jenette Goldstein and Mark Rolston, Bill Paxton, the whole-cast panel on the Saturday night, and Sigourney Weaver. All the panels were really nicely done and very interesting.

I had a couple of brief meetings with Weaver - she was really friendly and seemed really genuine. She sent her agent to find me to make sure she could get a photo with me on her phone!

Great pics! I saw Lance even shared them on his facebook page.

Can't "top" that, but this was ours. I think me and Pual were best friends by the end of the day... :lol: :roll: (I thought I was being complimentary when I told him I could never get into 'mad about you' because he would "always be Burke" to me but I was really impressed by how funny a guy he was at his panels. It occurred to me afterward that maybe downplaying the majority of his career as a comedian may not have been the best move!)
Attachment:
059790-GEY5 (small).jpg
059790-GEY5 (small).jpg [ 271.79 KiB | Viewed 13542 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:45 pm 
Mobile Mayhem

Service Number: A10/TQ1.O.32157E1
I will be posting pictures later today :) Thanks again Terran for the cast photo! I wish they would have had us in your place and you in front though!

It was a blast! A definite whirlwind, and Gareth, you are bang on about Sigourney, so awesome! We saw her 3-4 times on Sunday as well, I felt so at ease chatting with her, and she really hung on to everything we chatted about! Very cool! And it really seemed like she was enjoying every minute of interacting with everyone too! Such a great lady!

Read the AL Charter Rules & Regulations: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1i3gd9QUyIqI_6rfk8kpxspbKU-JT4MBAjLPxfCkvGJ8

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next