The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: Project Alien Nightmares game for iOS/Android
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:32 pm 

Hey all

Not sure if anyone remembers my Motion Tracker app (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12462) but after several months and the success of releasing my latest game, Dungeon Nightmares (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEf4Q-3J7t0) I've decided to venture back into the world of Alien.

If any of you have tried Dungeon Nightmares, it is currently considered to be the scariest game on mobile (iOS/Android). I can see this being the perfect platform for making an Alien inspired sci-fi horror game.

To give you an idea of where I want to take it, it will use what I learned while making Dungeon Nightmares. The game focused heavily on horror themes and psychological horror. It was combat-less and the main goal in each level was to survive and escape the nightmare.

You can currently get the Free version on iOS here (:
https://itunes.apple.com/app/dungeon-ni ... ?ls=1&mt=8

and Android:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... free&hl=en

With the success of making a motion tracker app, and a horror dungeon crawler, it made perfect sense (to me at least) to merge the two ideas to make one great big awesome horror game set in the world of Alien :D

Anyway onto the good stuff. I've only just started this project but the earlier I get you guys on board the better the game will be.

Tech video after 1-2 weeks work:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCKCnPrxcDk

The video above has a fully working motion tracker (sounds and pitch and speed all WIP).

Work in progress screens:

Idle animation for Xenomorph:

Again, this project is very early right now but I see some awesome in it and wanted to share it with you guys :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:57 pm 
Harvester of Sorrow

Service Number: A04/TQ1.0.32156E1
Dungeon Nightmares scares the crap out me!

Will the Alien one be pretty much the same or will you have to set the self destruct and complete other tasks while evading the alien?

Post subject: Re: Project Alien Nightmares game for iOS/Android
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:09 pm 

Thanks for trying out Dungeon Nightmares :)

I will take this opportunity to development this game with more structure over Dungeon Nightmares. Mostly because this will have more hand built levels as it will be within a ship.

Objectives will be more plentiful with one main aim of surviving. Its early days yet so the list of things will change but the focus is to create something that fits the Alien universe spiritually with a true horror theme like Dungeon Nightmares does :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:19 pm 
Prop Churner Outer

Service Number: A03/TQ1.0.12143G1
Very cool! I just finally got a smart phone, so I'll be getting your motion tracker app ASAP.

I'm very excited to see where this Alien game is headed. What do you need from folks to help you?

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:30 pm 

retrogarde wrote:
Very cool! I just finally got a smart phone, so I'll be getting your motion tracker app ASAP.

I'm very excited to see where this Alien game is headed. What do you need from folks to help you?

You folks, the ones that post on Alien forums are the best in getting things perfect. I spent weeks on alien fourms just getting the blip to sound right on the motion tracker! :)

I guess I wanted to get a good idea of how much interest there was in a game like this and move on from there.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:57 pm 
reload

Service Number: A03/TQ3.0.12136E1
Rest assured there is great interest in a good Aliens game.
For a tech preview it looks very promising. Lightning, Effects, Sound, Motion Tracker all fine.

Just add some Aliens and a tiny chance of surviving this horror and you have a good game.

Thanks for sharing.

GERCM - Executive Officer (XO)
UKCM Foreign Legion: The Deviant Dragoons

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:26 pm 

577_ops wrote:
Rest assured there is great interest in a good Aliens game.
For a tech preview it looks very promising. Lightning, Effects, Sound, Motion Tracker all fine.

Just add some Aliens and a tiny chance of surviving this horror and you have a good game.

Thanks for sharing.

I'm playing with the idea of just having one Alien in the whole game that roams and scouts for you. It won't won't be easy and it will definitely be a horror game like Dungeon Nightmares :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:30 pm 

WIP update

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:11 pm 
Prop Churner Outer

Service Number: A03/TQ1.0.12143G1
Awesome! Rotate the image 180, multiply the xeno 11 times and you have one of the best scares in Aliens!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:08 pm 

Service Number: A01/TQ2.0.12145G1
Looks great! Will be keeping my eyes open for this. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:34 pm 

any updates on this~? I'd play the bejesus out of it :D