The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:22 pm 
Dresser of Nerds

I grabbed the Super Hornet. Now I have 3 ships and I'm DONE!

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:34 pm 

Yep I'm done. Unless a super cool ship comes out, I'm not doing anything else, and even then I'd reluctantly exchange one of the ships I already have to get a hypothetical super cool ship.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:38 pm 
MODEL 120-A2

Service Number: A04/TQ0.0.72178E5
Even with the new announced ships (the miner, the salvager, etc) there is nothing I can see sparkin my interest enough to get it. Plus they will all be available in the PU on launch.

"There is a clause in the contract which specifically states any systematized transmission indicating a possible intelligent origin must be investigated. On penalty of total forfeiture of shares. No money."

Post subject: Re: Star Citizen Thread - New Sandbox Space Combat Sim/FPS M
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:56 pm 
Dresser of Nerds

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13488-Organization-System-Launch

Ok, who wants to start a Colonial Marine Squad!?!?!?!

Or a SpatCave Pirate Guild!

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:12 pm 
Galaxy-hopping garbage man

I might get one or two more ship packages pre-release, depending on how the DFM works out. I'll certainly get a number of extra char slots...
But I also want to get into Elite: Dangerous, as that's now looking rather interesting. Kinda sad now that these two projects are underway that everyone is on the space-sim bandwaggon, with a predicted list of features near identical to these already.

Orgs... Could be good.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:17 pm 
Dresser of Nerds

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/USCM/

Created one! Feel free to join!

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 3:28 am 

Dog fighting module should be out around the corner. Late April to mid May was the plan but obviously April has come and gone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 11:43 am 

An awful lot of regular updates and 'look how good we are' backslapping things going on... but an awful lot of subscribers also drumming impatient fingers and recalling how Chris Roberts has a history of delaying/missing feature delivery...

Meanwhile, there's Elite: Dangerous already in full-on Alpha and several other massive indie space sims (including a nice looking one where a single dev is doing everything) also just around the corner.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 9:29 am 

Ttaskmaster wrote:
An awful lot of regular updates and 'look how good we are' backslapping things going on... but an awful lot of subscribers also drumming impatient fingers and recalling how Chris Roberts has a history of delaying/missing feature delivery...

Meanwhile, there's Elite: Dangerous already in full-on Alpha and several other massive indie space sims (including a nice looking one where a single dev is doing everything) also just around the corner.

If I recall correctly, Elite has technically been in development quite a bit longer than Star Citizen. It's also not as ambitious or feature laden. I'm growing impatient too though.

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 10:34 pm 

Alien1099 wrote:
If I recall correctly, Elite has technically been in development quite a bit longer than Star Citizen. It's also not as ambitious or feature laden. I'm growing impatient too though.

But since going public, Elite has promised stuff and delivered stuff.
The SC folks are just continually asking, "when"... Lots of promises, teases and tantalising, but very little to actually show, still.

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 12:33 am 

I haven't logged in SC for a while, has it changed any from this... :-\

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1apn6 ... videogames

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1crrp ... videogames

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:19 pm 
MODEL 120-A2

Arena Commander is up for download.

We can fly. ;)

Charlie

"There is a clause in the contract which specifically states any systematized transmission indicating a possible intelligent origin must be investigated. On penalty of total forfeiture of shares. No money."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:12 am 
MODEL 120-A2

New freelancer variants are up. and the graphics in the AC are outstanding. I cant wait for the polished version!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:28 am 

The Next Great Starship finalists are in your hangar. I'm seriously hoping that team Shard wins tomorrow in the contest..

Was flying Arena Commander the other night and it's pretty cool, but the flight model obviously needs some work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:44 am 
MODEL 120-A2

Agreed. But for the "pre-alpha" its pretty polished, even if there is little functionality. And I too am hoping Shard wins. 4H is a nice design, but the Shard ship just looks a lot more real and cooler. I really hope they work on the interior and they will win it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:32 pm 
MODEL 120-A2

Everyone's favourite synthe....artificial person did the voice work for the new Freelancer commercial!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vO7RxsZpcKc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:24 pm 

Finding AC rather clunky... more so even than Evochron Mercenary, which was more slow than clunky anyway.
Seems to be a pivot point over whether gameplay remains sufficiently fun to engage the majoity of non-flight-sim fans. There's a bunch on the SC forums who have been poring over the Fighter Weapons School manuals (because dogfighting in space is exactly like atmo flight and has nothing to do with justifying dropping a bomb on a Warthog HOTAS...), but it all just lacks any snap.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:22 am 
"Smart"-Ass

Service Number: A01/TQ2.0.72156E1
My body is ready.

Honestly, I was already enjoying AC before slapping this project together, but man. MAN. The difference this made was so worth the effort.

M-56 Smartgun Operator, A/3Btn, II CMEF, USS Sephora

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:07 am 

Nice choice of stick, Sean!
The Rhino has been getting some very decent reviews and I'm saving for one myself!
Just keep an eye on the rudder twist - Some have shipped with too little silicon grease on the internals, resulting in an annoying squeak/creak developing. You can grease it yourself, but opening it up will of course invalidate the warranty...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:08 am 
"Smart"-Ass

Service Number: A01/TQ2.0.72156E1
See those pedals down there? Not worried about rudder twist. ;)

Jokes aside, I've had the rhino for a while now, and I love it. I built the stands just to have a more comfortable/natural place to put them. The stands even telescope so I can adjust them for height! :D

M-56 Smartgun Operator, A/3Btn, II CMEF, USS Sephora

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:01 pm 

So guys been quiet in here for a while, how we all doing ?

Sick of being rammed yet ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:21 am 

Rammed, spawn-camped and generally not doing so well with this idea of 'realistic physics'...
I know it's a pre-pre-pre-pre-Alpha and all that crap, but the realism is definitely getting in the way of good gameplay.

At this rate I'll either be dialling the PvP slider all the way up to 11, or just telling CR to stuff it and playing Elite instead!!

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:39 am 

Ttaskmaster wrote:
Rammed, spawn-camped and generally not doing so well with this idea of 'realistic physics'...
I know it's a pre-pre-pre-pre-Alpha and all that crap, but the realism is definitely getting in the way of good gameplay.

At this rate I'll either be dialling the PvP slider all the way up to 11, or just telling CR to stuff it and playing Elite instead!!

I'm still trying to pt some bits together that will actually run the game, lol

Mind you been following the forums closely and all your problems and pretty common. I'm sure they'll sort it before the PU. The Track IR and voice control options look awesome, considering you have to pay to join I'm a little surprised of the number of people that have said they intend screw others around, but i guess with half a million users you're always going to get some arse hats.

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:28 pm 

Osmotic wrote:
Mind you been following the forums closely and all your problems and pretty common. I'm sure they'll sort it before the PU.

Nope.
The realistic physics style of control is here to stay. This has been confirmed many times.
Those simply dicking around are doing so because it's early days and doesn't make a difference. It's a small arena with nothing to do.

I'll be more impressed if TrackIR and ANNA VoiceAttack are available in Elite, TBH.
Given how the fecking SC thing has stopped even recognising my joystick now, I'm just wholly unimpressed. I gave up after an hour and went to stab people from my pirate ship in AC:IV instead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:47 pm 

Yep, had enough - I jumped ship and stuck the Aurora/300i in the hanger for now.
Bumming around space in a Sidewinder instead!!

I'll keep an eye out for more SC bits, but for now Elite is far more enjoyable.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5