The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: Re: FAQ: Where to fit an airsoft battery in the Pulse Rifle.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:05 am 

ahm... hi!!! Matsuo ahm..
the pictures that have you post
it is a battery??
cause i have my battery here..
its not desame.. of your batery
and my battery it is so easily
low energy when im going to use
to my airsoft....

Post subject: battery sloutions
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:49 pm 

Service Number: AO1/TQ2.O.72141E1
just had a quick skin through this topic ( been nagged at t by my wife to get the dishes done....) on my own pulse rifle for airsoft, i have mounted a battery sling,this keeps the grenade launcher intact and adds a sling to the gun itself.

2012-10-28 13.56.45.jpg
2012-10-28 13.56.45.jpg [ 1.16 MiB | Viewed 16515 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:27 pm 

We've been doing a bit of tinkering with our Pulse Rifles down here at KGB.

Beyond fitting a MOSFET, a 1J spring and a new hop rubber.... We've also managed to shoe-horn in an 11.1v LiPo battery.

Now, I'll start by saying that this mod requires you to split the Snow Wolf M41A body down and gain access to the grenade launcher case and once it's in, the battery is not removable and charging is accessed via the faux loading tray underneath.
If you're happy with this... then game on.
If not... I'd stop reading now.

Firstly:
The battery.... It's an 11.1v LiPo

It's the 10th one down on this page... (sorry I can't link to it directly).
http://www.component-shop.co.uk/html/11 ... packs.html

The wiring stays pretty much in the same place, although we changed the connectors for DEANS for better connectivity and you may have to move the fuse out of the way slightly.
The battery was placed in the shotgun housing

It sits about here...

We had to break off a few moulding tabs inside the housing to get it to fit but nothing serious. The battery itself is a perfect fit for the area it needed to sit in.
It is permanently fixed inside the shotgun housing (the shotgun racking function still works), and the battery connectors and recharging are accessed by a neat moveable shotgun loading port that slides back to reveal all the wiring etc.
The orientation of the battery is biased so the connectors and all that gubbins sit towards the front of the rifle. This is conveniently in the same place as where you would have the standard connector.

The loading tray is sat on two rails inside the grenade housing. We took out a little bit of the material at the rear of this tray and it allowed the faux tray bit to slide back and forth. Proph added a small screw in here to give you something to grab hold of.
This can be opened to reveal all the wires. They can be connected and stuffed back in and the tray closed in to make it all neat again.

The battery is a bit of a beast and should be able to handle even a hard days airsofting.
The joy of a LiPo is that they have a very high discharge rate and as such they can supply the rifle with all the juice it needs, rather than the motor trying to suck out the power.
As a result, the battery last comparatively longer than a NiCd or NiMh type battery with a similar Amp/hour rating.
Plus for the given rating of the battery, LiPo's squeeze more juice into a smaller package. Very good when you're limited on space.

Only word of warning... when using such a high voltage battery, it is advised to switch to a MOSFET to protect your trigger contacts from arcing.

A nice skirmish worthy weapon now.

http://www.kgbairsoft.com/wordpress

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:45 pm 

Here's a couple more pictures of the underside.

http://www.kgbairsoft.com/wordpress

Post subject: Re: FAQ: Where to fit an airsoft battery in the Pulse Rifle.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:16 pm 

Service Number: A05/TQ2.0.12145E1
Also we have wired the counter into the main wiring loom to get rid of the 9v battery

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:33 pm 
MODEL 120-A2

Service Number: A04/TQ0.0.72178E5
With your battery setup, can you rack the pump?

Charlie

"There is a clause in the contract which specifically states any systematized transmission indicating a possible intelligent origin must be investigated. On penalty of total forfeiture of shares. No money."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:42 pm 

Yep

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:00 pm 
Proceed on a 2-1-6...

Service Number: A02/TQ2.0.52141E1
Any ideas for putting a battery into metal MATSUO HCG shrouds if I want a functioning airsoft Thompson and a functioning Airsoft M870 in a real SPAS cage? Also - what do I do for a gas reservoir for the M870?

"Errr... Roger that's a 2-1-6..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:18 pm 
Miscreant and Foukérre

Service Number: A05/TQ1.0.32151E1
Data.
You seek Data.

Props, cosplay pieces, upcycled ornamentation, and miscellanea;
For the discerning survivor of the apocalypse.
Steve Fletcher : Maker, Scavenger, and Junksmith.
linktr.ee/wastelandworkshop

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:25 pm 
Proceed on a 2-1-6...

Service Number: A02/TQ2.0.52141E1
I've PM'd Data but sadly not heard back... And on checking, he was last on the forum over 6 weeks ago...

"Errr... Roger that's a 2-1-6..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:59 pm 

https://www.componentshop.co.uk/batteri ... r=capacity which lipo is it? the link changed.

idea for keeping the loading shroud on since it's such a pain to get in properly, stick some sticky back velcro on it and somewhere on the inside of the plastic to hold it in place, but can easily be removed for charging the battery.

another idea would be to gorilla glue a metal plate to the inside of the cover and then drill some small holes easier side to bolt screws into. could look good if you match the rest of the screws.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:24 am 

paradoxum wrote:
https://www.componentshop.co.uk/batteries/airsoft/li-po-packs/111v.html?dir=asc&order=capacity which lipo is it? the link changed.

idea for keeping the loading shroud on since it's such a pain to get in properly, stick some sticky back velcro on it and somewhere on the inside of the plastic to hold it in place, but can easily be removed for charging the battery.

another idea would be to gorilla glue a metal plate to the inside of the cover and then drill some small holes easier side to bolt screws into. could look good if you match the rest of the screws.

Or drill a magazine shaped hole in the bottom cover, which lets you use the Thompson 30 round mag types instead of the 20 round types. You dont have to ever take the cover off again, andyou can go throug the hole to turn the switch for the ammo counter on and off.

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:35 am 

Whamhammer wrote:
paradoxum wrote:
https://www.componentshop.co.uk/batteries/airsoft/li-po-packs/111v.html?dir=asc&order=capacity which lipo is it? the link changed.

Or drill a magazine shaped hole in the bottom cover, which lets you use the Thompson 30 round mag types instead of the 20 round types. You dont have to ever take the cover off again, andyou can go throug the hole to turn the switch for the ammo counter on and off.

I've got the mag that came with the SW PR and 2 spare, I think they're identical - do they really only hold 20 BBs until you rack the wheel on the bottom of the mag? I really don't want to cut up the stock mag-cap, if I could get a spare I could cut a hole in it for it and do that, but as it stands it's really annoying even just doing target practice in the yard and having to take it off, rack the wheel, put the cap back on - I just usually end up leaving it off. I might drill a small hole into the cap on the side and thread some cord through it and attach it to the inside of the magwell so at least it won't go missing if I pull it off mid-play - I saw something like magazines with a string or something you could just pull to reload the mags once but I haven't been able to find any for the PR.

Main annoyance is; magazine guide rail is so high up in the magwell I really need a good solution to keep that aligned when slapping a new mag in - do you guys find that when you put a new mag in often the loaded BB's will 'unload' and you have to rack the wheel again? roughly how many 'turns' of the wheel does it take to fill the mag again completely?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:39 am 

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=18338