The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: Airsoft Metal Upgrades
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 4:27 pm 
I was just checking out what metal upgrades are available for various airsoft guns and then had a thought. I wonder if they will ever make metal upgrades for the SPAS 12. In particular the cage. This sure would help all of us trying to make our Pulse Rifle replicas and end that search for the very elusive real spas cage. Does anyone know if the Tokyo Mauri SPAS 12 would even be able to accept this upgrade? If they could, maybe if we all request this part to the people that make the metal upgrades it might show a demand for it which in their eyes shows profit and reason to make it. Well just a thought and more than likely just a dream that will never come to pass.

Post subject: Re: Airsoft Metal Upgrades
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 6:26 pm 
I think the answer is "No". TM SPAS-12 cage is too narrow for fitting a real or Maruzen gas-op M870 3 shoter.

But I think that it was reported by some that the real SPAS-12 cage just barely fits, although it does, the Maruzen M870 (I could be wrong...). I forgot who on the old Board mentioned that.

I will lobby your inquiry with DENTrinity, plus some of the G&P people when I see them ...:)
Edited by: [url=http://pub217.ezboard.com/bthealienslegacy.showUserPublicProfile?gid=menatarms>MENATARMS[/url] at: 9/8/03 11:27 am

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 8:25 pm 
The SPAS-12 is an old model that will never see an upgrade.
Ryan Chorzempa
Veritas necnon decus, etiam valedico.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 8:30 pm 
Rydiak - Sorry but as promised I had 24-hours through HK and did make it to Airsoft Central with my camera but had the CF card out of the digital camera, so no film. Ooops! No worries -- going back in a few days ....:o

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 9:31 pm 
The real steel Spas 12 cage can fit a real steel M870 receiver no problem. A maruzen M870 on the other hand will need to be modified to fit into the real steel Spas 12 cage. This usually entails routing a channel alond the left side of the plastic receiver to fit it (opposite side to the ejection port). This works. I have a maruzen M870 installed in one of my Spas 12 cages.

If you're willing to have a static GL, you can conceivably get one of the airsoft Spas 12 shotguns and cannabalize it for the cage and grip. Cut a resin M870 receiver in half, remove about 1/8th of an inch of material from the inner sides of each half. Glue the two halves back together. And voila! You're on your way to having a GL. Bare in mind that the KTW/Zida Spas 12 uses pretty flimsy plastic. The Marui Spas 12, while more expensive, is definitely stronger.

Still, all these alternatives are based on plastic cages, and nothing beats the feel of metal. But there are alternatives.

-Alex
"The M41-A. When you absolutely, positively have to kill every mofo in the room. Accept no substitutes."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 11:24 am 
I think the reason why there aren't any metal upgrades for the TM SPAS-12 isn't that the gun is too old, but rather there aren't many players who favor shotguns period, especially when compared to AEG's and pistols.

I mean for farting around maybe, but serious gaming you would be out gunned by AEG's, out distanced by sniper rifles, and out quicked by pistols.

The lack of serious fire power I think has hampered the development of shotguns and shotgun accessories.

Here's a thought: Motorized automatic shotguns. You know one of those revolving jobs that have about 24 rounds. So, 24 x 3 x 6 plus some hi gas equals serious fire power.

Hey Alex -- I'll be splitting time between Shanghai & Hong Kong from now, so let me know when next you're in HK and I'll hook you up with code name SI-FU and his gang of wild BB men for some serious skirmishing. Bring night-vision dude ...
"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers...For he today that sheds his blood with me
shall be my brother."Edited by: [url=http://pub217.ezboard.com/bthealienslegacy.showUserPublicProfile?gid=menatarms>MENATARMS[/url] at: 9/10/03 4:28 am