The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: The Sentry Gun (Part II)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:02 am 
Hey Gang,

I know we have discussed this before, but I'm jsut wondering if anyone ahs made any further updates or interesting developments with the construction of the sentry gun from "Aliens"???

I heard from Anubian Warrior that there is a program out there that when installed can run a "mock" trial of the sentry gun displays in action.

Does anyone have this program who would be kind enough to give me a copy???

Cpl. Neokramer

Post subject: Re: Sentry Gun
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:46 am 
Paul Kitching has one, contact him.

Ripper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 2:37 pm 
Ok, thanks ripper

you the man!!!

Cpl. Neokramer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:02 pm 
There's just one catch to Paul's.....It's for the Amiga Computer. Unless you have an Amiga or an emulator, you can't use it. I got an emulator for it and a copy from Paul, and it's great! Really cool. I would recommend WinUAE. It's an Amiga emulator for Windows, and pretty easy to figure out how to use it. Just search for it on Google.;)

Somebody also made a program for the GRiDCase 3, but I don't know too much about it. Then, I heard awhile back, that somebody was working on a flash version, but haven't heard anything lately. Hopefully Tony will archive (if he still can) the sentry gun section on the old board. If he archives it, that will answer most of your questions. So Tony, if your reading, please try to archive the sentry section.;)
------------------------------
M-40 grenade: $30

Pulse Rifle: $2000

Tactical Smart Missles: $10,000

Sulaco Full of Badass Colonial Marines: $700,000,000

Kicking some alien ass: Priceless

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:27 pm 
Hey is there a way u can send me this???

Does this emulator make it easy to figure out, lamens terms, Could even an emulator non profficient person like myslef figure this out??

So this Amiga emulator, can it work on windows xp??

Yeah that would be great if you could send me this!!

thanks,

Cpl. Neokramer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 8:28 pm 
It was actually the first emulator I've used. I didn't know how to use emulators when I downloaded it and I figured it out pretty quickly. If you read the instructions and with a little trial and error (clicking on different buttons for a couple of hours), you find out that it's pretty simple. I'm still not a WinUAE genius, but if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.;)

It would probably be better if you downloaded it from the site, that way you can get the latest version and make sure it's what you want. The site will help you. They've got a lot of info on how to use it. Check here, www.winuae.net/

I'm not %100 sure, but I think it should work with Win XP. I have Win 98, so I don't exactly know. It should say on the website.;)
------------------------------
M-40 grenade: $30

Pulse Rifle: $2000

Tactical Smart Missles: $10,000

Sulaco Full of Badass Colonial Marines: $700,000,000

Kicking some alien ass: Priceless

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:32 pm 
Cpl. Neokramer, you have mail :)

Paul.

The Colony - My collection and current prop projects.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 12:41 am 
Yeah I think between my USF papers to write and figuring out the emulator, it shoudln't take me long at all!!

Maybe a month or 2!! :D

Thanks Paul!!

Cpl. Neokramer

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]