The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Blueprints: USCSS Nostromo
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:26 pm 
You guys know if anyone ever made a printed set of Nostromo blueprints?

Post subject: Re: Nostromo Blueprints
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:38 pm 
I've got a couple of copies of blueprints for the landing gear, and I've seen some blueprints of other parts on eBay, although I can't comment on their origin or authenticity.

It stands to reason that if there are plans of sections of the Nostromo the production would probably have had drawings of the whole ship made up, probably for the model department.

Harry
[img]http://www.triotech.demon.co.uk/hhacabanner.gif[/img]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:23 pm 
I've got these. They are not very good, and probably not much use, but you can have a look.

Paul.

The Colony - My collection and current prop projects.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:45 am 
Paul:

Were those ever actually printed on paper and made available anywhere?

-Willie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:34 pm 
I'm not sure. I can't remember where I got them from :o It's times like this when I really wish PC browsers would put the URL in the comment field of a file, like my Amiga does.

The ones with the black backgrounds must have been on paper originally, as they look like the original blueprints used for the film. I don't know if they have ever been available as a bigger image, or printed on paper.

Paul.

The Colony - My collection and current prop projects.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:08 pm 
Ive got some blueprints kicking around - you'll have to bear with me though - mine are actual blueprints, so I'll have to scan them in, I also may have - I think it's a 3Ds format mesh of the Nostromo & no I didn't make it.

If anyone is interested, let me know, & I'll see what I can do.

It ain't what you do - It's the way that you do it - & that's what gets results.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:13 am 
Im interested in the 3d mesh. actualy wouldnt mind to see the blueprints either:P I finished and textured a mesh of the south module in aliens if ur interested. Its a maya file but I would love to get feedback on it.

WHIZKID101.justgotowned.com
THE PRICE OF TOTAL KNOWLEDGE IS INSANITY

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:43 am 
LEEWIT, how can we contact you?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:23 am 
I analyzed the movie a few more times and the A deck prints are correct, Ive noticed some issues wif B and C decks. I also found some major continuality issues in the movie (dir cut). One is Riply comes down a ladder on A deck just before Lambert attacks her when they bring kane on board. Considering she was just in the cockpit why would she then come down a ladder lol. Another is the scene where she finds dallas and bret cacooned. She travels down a ladder, but she just came from the engine room on C dek and the landing strut room is on C deck. My guess is she must have gone up to B deck and heard Dallas moaning and come back down. However the landing strut is forward the engine room and the shuttle, so why would she have backtracked:z I chalk it up to the fact the sets wernt obviously comprised of the full nostromo. We can see this in the scene where Parker and Brett are making there way through c deck to the gally at the begining. U can see their reflection at the end of the hall meaning they placed a mirror at the end of the corridor to give it the illusion that the hall went further. Anyways when I get around to it I will submit some modified B and C deck prints. Cheers.
WHIZKID101.justgotowned.com
THE PRICE OF TOTAL KNOWLEDGE IS INSANITY

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]