The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Alien 3 Trooper costumes
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:19 pm 
I'm certainly planning to go with an A-11 style now.

There are some differences between these and the A-11's. For example the small square patch which is stitched below what appears to be a slash pocket.
The A-11's were slightly different.
But they are definatly the closest match.
I think, I'll get to work on sewing mine soon. It'll be easier than the staff trousers I've got to make. :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:24 pm 
As mentioned, I have a pair I'm willing to let out for use as a basis and for reference. :)

Pete

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:58 pm 
Photos coming of mine:

EDIT: Look here -

p220.ezboard.com/fthealie...3867.topic
Edited by: [url=http://p220.ezboard.com/bthealienslegacy.showUserPublicProfile?gid=falbowden>Fal Bowden[/url] at: 2/1/07 4:31 pm

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:48 pm 
I think your spot on Fal. It looks like they custom made the ones for the film and just made a few minor alterations to the design.

Thanks for all the pics in the other thread.

Darren

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:26 am 
Good work Dude!!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:13 am 
Not a problem - just helping out :)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:18 am 
Ok guys.

The other thread on ASAP had been dormant for some time until the last few days and we've pretty much caught up here so I'm going to suggest making this the "current" thread as we get far more activity on this forum.

Over there we had just started touching on boots, so I'll copy my latest post to the end:

Friendlyskies wrote:
Quote:
Quote:In the bottom photo from above from the behind the scenes footage you can see the boots that the guy carrying the silver case is wearing. I would bet that the Troops are wearing the same type of boots. Everyone appears to be wearing the same white pants with the two stipes down the sides and you can see another guy wearing the N2B Jacket but without the protective outer layer. If everyone is wearing variations of the same thing it would follow that the troops are most likely using the boots that can be seen in the photo too. What boots are they? who can say

I originally suggested that they would probably all be wearing the same boots too (by the same reasoning) but I'm not so sure anymore.

The guy carrying the case has what appear to be pain white boots with diagonal strips of reflective tape.
There also appears to be some sort of gaiter or spat attached.

[img]http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h141/Imagineer2b/Alien%203/Trooper/49510008c1645908f5a483abf0209bcbb2c.jpg[/img]

This photo of one of the "dog catchers" shows white boots with shiny metalic toecaps:
[img]http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/3153/dc2ws2.jpg[/img]

These boots are different tto those worn by the guy with the case.

Now then, this photo of the trooper show's what appear to be the same boots with shiny toecaps.
It's a tricky shot and under other circumstances could be argued that it's just the lighting, but given that we know for certain that the catchers wore boots with toecaps I think it safe to say that's what we are looking at here to:
[img]http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h141/Imagineer2b/Alien%203/Trooper/trooper9.jpg[/img]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2