The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: My Motion Tracker... Finished! (Download intensive).
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 12:00 am 
I remember seeing it just as parts...A* job there Harry..you should be proud...will look great with "Hudson"...

Truely beautifull..truely truely brautifull:shock:
This user has been classified as Crowe...the silent Marine.

Aliens in my loo again!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 1:39 pm 
Thanks everyone, I honestly didn't expect such a response - it's only an old drill after all! :lol:
Quote:
Quote:What is the small disk to the left of the pump in the second picture? I don't recognise it.
Andy, do you mean the fourth picture down? It's the little 'nozzle' that's on the back of the 'pump' unit. (This picture is of the unpainted part which was made in resin coloured as close to Brown Bess as possible. I had some spare test parts which is why the colour of the two components is different).

[img]http://www.triotech.demon.co.uk/Tracker/pump.jpg[/img]

As I mentioned my one is from Deck36 and is made in two parts so as to avoid any seam lines. 'Tis truly a beautiful thing too:

[img]http://www.triotech.demon.co.uk/Tracker/pump_parts.jpg[/img]

To answer your question about the washer, you should be able to pick them up from hardware outlets but if you can't find one let me know as I'm sure I have one or two somewhere.

Interestingly Deck36 chose to use a 3mm thick laser-cut plastic disc instead of a washer on their tracker kit. I'm not sure that this was accurate as it's far more likely that Terry Reed and his team would have just grabbed a washer out of their stock of bits & pieces rather than making something specifically.

Hope that helps,

Harry.
ImageEdited by: [url=http://pub217.ezboard.com/bthealienslegacy.showUserPublicProfile?gid=harryharris>Harry Harris[/url] at: 11/11/03 1:37 am

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 3:58 pm 
Quote:
Quote:Andy, do you mean the fourth picture down? It's the little 'nozzle' that's on the back of the 'pump' unit.

As I mentioned my one is from Deck36 and is made in two parts so as to avoid any seam lines. 'Tis truly a beautiful thing too:

Oops, I meant the fourth picture and yes that's the part I was puzzled by, thanks very much for clearing that up. :)

Your right, it certainly is a thing of beauty!

Quote:
Quote:To answer your question about the washer, you should be able to pick them up from hardware outlets but if you can't find one let me know as I'm sure I have one or two somewhere.

I'll have another look around and if I have no luck then I'll certainly be in touch. :D

Quote:
Quote:Interestingly Deck36 chose to use a 3mm thick laser-cut plastic disc instead of a washer on their tracker kit. I'm not sure that this was accurate as it's far more likely that Terry Reed and his team would have just grabbed a washer out of their stock of bits & pieces rather than making something specifically.

Maybe Deck36 had the same crummy hardware stores in their vicinity as I have!!!

Quote:
Quote:Hope that helps,

Harry.

Certainly did, as always!

Cheers,

Andy
"I'm going to live forever, ...........or die trying!!"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 2:14 am 
WWWOOOWWW!!! BOMBASTIK PIECE OF WORK!!!!! Trully nice job Harry!!!! ( that's I never knows is how a man thats owns an original motion tracker wants another one...:roll: )

ADIOS MUCHACHOS and SEMPER PROCINGO.

JOIN THE MARINES!!!
Visit exotic places,meet nice people...
AND NUKE'M ALL...

Dany

studio_patna@yahoo.com.ar

Post subject: teMP 2
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:21 pm 
THAT guy

Service Number: A03/TQ2.0.02146E1
*(Continuation of thread and carryover of original material/original author unedited except to add space to accommodate picture upload).*

And here it is fully assembled!

Attachment:
RH.jpg
RH.jpg [ 77.86 KiB | Viewed 7162 times ]

Attachment:
LH.jpg
LH.jpg [ 86.95 KiB | Viewed 7162 times ]

Attachment:
held.jpg
held.jpg [ 94.48 KiB | Viewed 7162 times ]

Using a mix recommended by a few folks (you know who you are, I can't remember - but thanks anyway!) of 50% Humbrol Brown Bess to 50% thinner the colour coat was a great success, but be warned - in that ratio the paint is very thin so care must be taken not to over-spray, which can lead to the paint running. I gave my Tracker about five very thin coats.

To stir the Brown Bess thoroughly I used a piece of brass rod about 2" long with a 90° bend at the last ¼" and stirred the paint with that in my Dremel. I cut a disc of plasticard slightly bigger than a Humbrol tin, made a small hole in the middle and put the rod through that. Holding the disc tightly onto the open tin I just ran the Dremel for 30 seconds or so which seemed to do the trick, and no spills!

Attachment:
dremel.jpg
dremel.jpg [ 48.5 KiB | Viewed 7162 times ]

Attachment:
stirring.jpg
stirring.jpg [ 58.13 KiB | Viewed 7162 times ]

For the record the 'pump' thing on the bottom, the rear knob and the rod on the left-hand side that connects the rubber tube to the handle are spares that I got from Deck36. I've not installed any electronics as yet as it's principally to be used to display with my Hudson costume when it's on the mannequin.

Anyway, enjoy! :)

Harry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:28 pm 
THAT guy

Service Number: A03/TQ2.0.02146E1
failed links deleted and pictures from this thread have been directly uploaded.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2