The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: The Alien Egg: (Construction)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 9:57 am 
HEY IM BUILDING SOME EGGS FROM THE 2ND MOVIE TYPE... AND WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS SOME GOOD REFERENCE PICS...

THANKS.

PHILL.
Edited by: [url=http://pub217.ezboard.com/bthealienslegacy.showUserPublicProfile?gid=williegoldman>Willie Goldman[/url] at: 4/14/04 2:46 am

Post subject: Re: ALIENS EGG
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 3:15 pm 
hey phil,

You wouldn't happen to be the same phil from allartistries.com would you???

I finally put 2 & 2 together :D

Cpl. Neokramer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 3:41 pm 
actually im not and havent even heard of it... im just phill.. i do have some artistic talent though.. thus the reason for the pic request.... the only other place you would see me is on other aliens forums, or ebay (selling off kenner aliens toys)

and i hope i get some good pics.. i wont make a full size one just yet im making a 1/2 scale one now... but need reference pics for the top... (for the flaps) and for approx width of egg in center.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 1:11 am 
check my coincedence topic. I just made an egg from paper mache, plaster and expanding foam

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 1:24 am 
And....*drumroll*......an inflated condom!
Well played my man!

:D

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 5:11 am 
Here are some pice from my egg progect, and the ends justify the means, if you know what I mean (and you all know who you are)
photos.yahoo.com/josephrngr
Had problems posting earlier but it should work now.
Joseph

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 9:24 am 
WELL... I DONT KNOW HOW BIG THAT EGG IS EXACTLY.. BUT IM MAKING A CLOSED ONE FIRST... ITS ALMOST DONE NOW SO I GUESS I REALLY DONT NEED PICS. . UNLESS ANYONE HAS A GOOD PIC OF THE TOP OF THE EGG... I KNOW ABOUT WHAT A GOOD ONE SHOULD LOOK LIKE BUT DONT LIKE PAUSING MOVIES FOR REFERENCE PICS.... MY EGG WILL BE (IMHO) A BIT MORE DETAILED THAN THAT.. HOWEVER I DOUBT I WILL MAKE A BASE FOR IT.... IM TOO LAZY..LOL

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 1:36 pm 
THE RIBBING...LOL.. SO IT WASNT A STUDED ONE MAN ???
SORRY I HAD TO ASK. BY THE WAY THANKS FOR PLACING THOSE LAST 2 PICS IN THERE... THEY WILL HELP... DID YOU MAKE THAT YOURSELF ???
Edited by: [url=http://pub217.ezboard.com/bthealienslegacy.showUserPublicProfile?gid=philldodilldo>philldodilldo[/url] at: 12/19/03 6:37 am

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 3:29 pm 
I added the pictures I used including one with a closed top. I was going to have an egg sculpted out of clay, but I am happy with the condom egg despite the "ribbing" I took from the membership. I could have made it bigger, but the first one blew up on me, so I did not want to take that chance. There are three ways to make it out of clay, but it is about 15 lbs of clay. You can turn it like a vase on a pottery wheel, coil it, our build it up out of clay balls. I will see if I can find the link I used.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 5:32 pm 
I added the other photos I used, but I have to remove them ASAP since I do not have permission to post them. My egg is the one with the black base

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]