The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Image hosting
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 11:43 am 
Jesse DeGraff said on 5/6/03 :

This came up in another thread, so I thought I'd post the info in a seperate thread.

Lots of folks have issues with posting (and keeping posted) images for the various prop boards. Just look at how often Dropshipbob's avatar pops up with a little error message ;) Sorry DSB, couldn't help it :lol:

Anyways, here's a post from one of the other boards:
========================================
I know a few folks here use my server, but for those who don't know, I run my own image hosting service.

It's not quite as slick as the one that Wackychimp runs for the RPF, but it does offer a few more options, and I'm a lot more liberal about what I'll let ya put on there.

Point your browser at www.hooverae.com/upload/uploader.php and make yourself a login/password - it's "instant registration," and the reason you have your own login is so you can manage your files. You have the ability to delete your own stuff! Please keep that in mind when posting auction photos that have a finite lifespan.

I have over 700MB of storage space available, and there's very little chance that we'll ever come near my monthly bandwidth limit. Don't be shy...if you want a good reliable host with very few rules, I'm your man.

-Rick
====================================
End of post

BTW, Rick was mistaken about the ability to delete your own files. Only folks with Admin rights (him ;) ) can do that. It's been a pretty stable service for me! I'd suggest using it for those of you that don't own websites with much storage available.

Here's the link to his service again:
Pilot's Prop Image Hosting Service

Jesse
When you are out of Pulse Rifles, you are out of Weapons!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]