The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: The Alien Stompers - Reeboks (Part I)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 12:42 am 
Here is my Alien Stomper collection. The light grey one is the orginal colour which I think is too dark compaing to the screen used ones. These are the mids which was worn by Bishop. I don't think Reebok will ever make the High boot that Ripley worn because of the cost. Anyways ,enjoy .
Cheers !
[img]http://hooverae.com/upload/files/PICT0157s.jpg[/img]
[img]http://hooverae.com/upload/files/PICT0155s.jpg[/img]
Edited by: [url=http://p220.ezboard.com/bthealienslegacy.showUserPublicProfile?gid=williegoldman>Willie Goldman[/url] at: 7/7/05 6:54 am

Post subject: Re: My Alien Stomper collection
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 9:32 am 
That's an impressive collection there LMP, especially in terms of what they must have cost you.

I like the grey ones but I'm not such a fan of the other colours, they just don't work for me but that's probably because I'm so used to seeing them in grey.

Shame that Reebok didn't release the hi-top version, I'm sure they would have sold well.

Harry.
ImageEdited by: [url=http://pub217.ezboard.com/bthealienslegacy.showUserPublicProfile?gid=harryharris>Harry Harris[/url] at: 10/29/03 4:11 am

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 3:31 pm 
OOOO are these re releaces?...If so how much be they?...

I like the grey ones too...kinda look better...

Chris
This user has been classified as Crowe...the silent Marine.

Aliens in my loo again!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 3:49 pm 
Can't say I'm that much into shoes, but my favorite running shoes were the 1995 Nike Air Max Plus -- the lightest most comfortable and punishment-absorbing running shoes ever made (So much for so-called evolution of 'newer & better'). They were stolen from me at the coat check of a night club in Hochiminh City, Vietnam in '96 (Long story. Shoes already had 6 months and several hundred km's of wear). Haven't had a pair of running shoes quite like those ever since.

I had petitioned Nike to bring those back w/o response for 7 years, but I last heard Nike is finally going to re-introduce these sneakers by X-mas.

Sorry, thought I share that since we're kinda on the subject of favorite sneakers.

"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers...For he today that sheds his blood with me
shall be my brother."Edited by: [url=http://pub217.ezboard.com/bthealienslegacy.showUserPublicProfile?gid=menatarms>MENATARMS[/url] at: 10/29/03 9:01 am

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 4:00 pm 
The black/white one is released recently in Japan only and I think you can still get a us9.5 (biggest avaliable size from this site)
www.shoe-planet.com/datab...&tid=list3
For the other three ,they were also released in Japan back in August,and I don't think you can get it any where now. All these were released in a very limited number. You know I have been in love with this shoe since the first time I saw it in Aliens back in 1986. I waited for 17 years and finally I can have it in my very own hands. It's just like a dream came true for me !!!

"Peace Through Superior Firepower"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 4:09 pm 
Nice Stomper collection.

May I ask whether the uppers are real leather or Vinyl ? Are there any leather in these shoes at all ?? Also, are the soles somewhat different than the screen used one. Sorry for all these dumb questions, but can't say that I know much about these.

:)
"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers...For he today that sheds his blood with me
shall be my brother."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 5:06 pm 
Yes, they are made of leather ,except for the black patent . And for the sole, these ones have the same sole pattern as what the eagle is wearing in the "bug stomper"(we endanger species) logo on the film crew jacket. It has kind of a SUN pattern in different colour on the bottom of the sole. However when I checked out the picture of the screen used one at Harry's site,the sole seems like it was from another Reebok shoe call "Legacy". (Hey , isn't that something !!!) But I have seen both versions before. May be Reebok did make extras from whatever soles that were available. But I still think the screen used ones are in lighter shade of grey (almost white) comparing to the re-release version.
By the way, I am also a sneaker freak who has a collection of more than 100 pairs of kicks!!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 10:05 am 
Just got news that coolestshop.com, have both the grey red ones and the white aqua blue. No tax $79 shipped in the US....www.store.yahoo.com/coolestshop/mens.html

Go grab yours today !!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 3:56 am 
i would be interested to know if these shoes come with any aliens brochures or tags, or what the box has on it - if it has any pictures or references to the movie. $79 seems like a nice price for these unique items and should display well, especially if the box is unique.

kirk
"your gazes cripple me, keep life a mystery; i don't want it to change, just keep 'em coming my way."

- badly drawn boy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 4:41 am 
Lordmaster - Thanks for the link! I purchased a pair of the grey and red ones. Fast easy transaction.

Boochydog - I was hoping for the same as you described but no such luck. Just a plain Reebok box. No alien related extras.

thanks,
Mike

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 5:32 am 
Anytime, anywhere !

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 5:49 am 
Very nice. :)

Quote:
Quote:i would be interested to know if these shoes come with any aliens brochures or tags, or what the box has on it - if it has any pictures or references to the movie.

If I remember correctly, I think Lewis won a promo poster not that long ago. I don't know if it was vintage item or a promotion piece for this re-release.

Certainly they would have some reference to the film. Would they not? :(

Tom

[img]http://www.m41a.com/z_temporary/octsig.jpg[/img]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]