The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Armor webbing questions
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 4:57 pm 
I'm currently pricing webbing to construct my armor and would like to ask for some opinions before I continue...

All the needed webbing to assemble the armor is either
1" or 1.5" ?
No other sizes, correct?

It looks like the four larger side straps are black, then sprayed OD?

Are the remaining straps OD or are there some (perhaps the lower cod strap) that remains black?

Nylon, cloth or both?

I've looked at pics Pulseriflefan's finished armor and think that the reflection/sparkle of the nylon straps look really sharp. Although, from reference pics the original armor straps all look to be made of cloth with a very dull color.

Opinions?

Post subject: Re: Armor webbing questions
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 7:28 pm 
1" webbing used everywhere except the side buckles on the torso which used 1.5" webbing.

Not sure if the torso side straps were black then painted OD/green. I think all the straps were cloth, none of them were nylon.

-Alex

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 4:17 pm 
As usual, a definitive answer could easily be had, but we are forced to guess.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 8:58 pm 
Forced to guess???

Kinda of a rude statement seeing as the information has been out there.

In previous threads this has been discussed. From the photos I have collected of the real screen used armor......its both. There is OD webbing and black webbing that has been painted black. For example, Crowe's armor #2 had some black webbing that had been painted the same color green as the base color of the armor. Most of the webbing on that particular set of webbing is OD.

Steve

ImageEdited by: [url=http://pub217.ezboard.com/bthealienslegacy.showUserPublicProfile?gid=stevierad>StevieRad[/url] at: 12/18/03 4:24 pm

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 6:54 am 
Quote:
Quote:I've looked at pics Pulseriflefan's finished armor

Hey cool, I finished my JR armour !! Can`t remember about that ;)

My armour is laying in my workshop unpainted and unfinished, so maybe you saw another one, right ?

just do it !

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 7:56 am 
I apologize.
I should have said StevieRad's armor.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 4:15 pm 
All the webbing that I seen in pictures has been of a nylon base. Poly-Pro is what they call it I think. I have not seen any true 100% cotten webbing.

Steve

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]