The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:40 pm 
Mad Cat

Service Number: AO3/TQ6.0.79749E8
Wow, that was fast! Was this part of the recently held auction?

It's a boot!"

III drops

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:59 pm 

Thanks! It was not part of the recent auction. I acquired it from the owner. The costume came from the Bonhams auction and is, I beleive, only one of two that have survived. This is excluding the pants framed in what looks to be displayed at a Planet Hollywood. I learned the rest were discarded. You can tell parts seem hand made and custom. Amazing to see the details in person.

Dropshipbob wrote:

image.jpeg
image.jpeg [ 60.98 KiB | Viewed 19836 times ]

image.jpeg
image.jpeg [ 27.4 KiB | Viewed 19836 times ]

image.jpeg
image.jpeg [ 40.83 KiB | Viewed 19836 times ]

Last edited by zachilles on Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:27 pm 

zachilles wrote:
Thanks! It was not part of the recent auction. I acquired it from the owner. The costume came from the Bonhams auction and is, I beleive, only one of two that have survived. This is excluding the pants framed in what looks to be displayed at a Planet Hollywood. I learned the rest were discarded. You can tell this was all hand made and custom. Amazing to see the details in person.

Dropshipbob wrote:

I thought the jacket was just a white N2B parka?

"People complain about the bad things that happen to 'em that they dont deserve but they seldom mention the good. About what they done to deserve them things. I dont recall that i ever give the good Lord all that much cause to smile on me. But he did." - 'No Country For Old Men'.

Post subject: Re: Weyland Yutani Commando Alien 3
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:38 pm 

Service Number: A05/TQ1.0.92155E1
I've long suspected (from that previous photo) that it was a custom reproduction.
The fabric, the cuffs, the zipper.. There's just something "not quite polished" about it. That and the rarity of white N2B jackets.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:47 pm 

WDI wrote:
I've long suspected (from that previous photo) that it was a custom reproduction.
The fabric, the cuffs, the zipper.. There's just something "not quite polished" about it. That and the rarity of white N2B jackets.

Oh right, they sure went to quite an effort then and no doubt explains why i have NEVER seen a white N2B for sale! :D

"People complain about the bad things that happen to 'em that they dont deserve but they seldom mention the good. About what they done to deserve them things. I dont recall that i ever give the good Lord all that much cause to smile on me. But he did." - 'No Country For Old Men'.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:39 pm 

Service Number: A05/TQ1.0.92155E1
I've often been on the lookout too but they're like rocking horse shit.

I guess I'll have to add this set to the "make it myself list" as well... It just keeps getting longer.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9