The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Weyland Yutani Commando Alien 3
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:05 am 

Including a new photo...

image.jpg
image.jpg [ 58.61 KiB | Viewed 60548 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:44 am 
Where did you get the photo with the character shot from the back and the 'animal' on the helmet? Have been looking for that for some time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:08 am 
Harvester of Sorrow

Service Number: A04/TQ1.0.32156E1
Are you sure your over thinking the "Animal" thing, could it not just be a ID marking for an animal control suit?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:01 pm 
Prop Churner Outer

Service Number: A03/TQ1.0.12143G1
It looks a bit more "personalized" than you'd expect from something so corporate, but I was thinkng the same thing Simon.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:18 pm 

aliensarchive wrote:
Where did you get the photo with the character shot from the back and the 'animal' on the helmet? Have been looking for that for some time.

He said he got it from the Alien Anthology Blu-ray.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:22 am 
Prop Churner Outer

Could the lines to the left of the letters be "kill markings"?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:40 am 
noiD

retrogarde wrote:
What kind of grenades do they have on their sleeves? The same as USCM Marines or something different?

Hi! FYI the green objects on the right sleeve above one of the commando's elbow are the PFM-1 soviet mine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:25 pm 
Prop Churner Outer

Nice ID'ing Demetrius!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:11 pm 

Hi guys,

Thanks for the great photos! Does anyone know what the canisters on the front of their chests are? My guess is they are smoke grenades. Also, I noticed some of them have what looks like a handgun in a holster in some of the shots.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:31 am 

I believe they are smoke canisters as noted in this photo.

image.jpg
image.jpg [ 63.95 KiB | Viewed 60186 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:25 pm 

zachilles wrote:
I believe they are smoke canisters as noted in this photo.

Thanks, yeah I'm going with that. I'm looking to build a 1:6 scale model of the commando. Does anyone have any idea what the back pack is made out of? It looks custom, but I'm wondering if the side pieces are made from some pvc pipes or plumbing supplies.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:25 pm 

Service Number: A05/TQ1.0.92155E1
Yes, the side pieces are guttering down-pipe adaptors.
The backpack itself does look to be custom.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:03 pm 

WDI wrote:
Yes, the side pieces are guttering down-pipe adaptors.
The backpack itself does look to be custom.

Good eye, I thought they looked familiar. Thanks!

I have been searching the forum, and I can't seem to find any information on the welding goggles they used for the mask. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:15 am 

I thought I would share a couple great pics of an original Terry English Alien 3 commando helmet on display.

Enjoy! :-)

image.jpg
image.jpg [ 50.51 KiB | Viewed 59958 times ]

image.jpg
image.jpg [ 129.06 KiB | Viewed 59958 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:05 am 

Question for any weyland yutani commando experts or Harry Harris: is the actual name of this helmet: Weyland Yutani Commando Helmet OR is it Stormtrooper Helmet?

I was wondering what were the commando characters really referred to in the script, on set, or by the production team? Did the fans call it the WY commando? It's be bugging me so I want to be accurate since the films' credits don't reveal anything.

Appreciate the insight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:50 pm 
Moderator & screen used

Service Number: A08/TQ1.0.02136E1
I'm presuming that you're really asking about the whole character name and not just the helmet, which really would be the same thing I suppose.

Anyway a lot of my Alien3 reference material and scripts are in storage at the moment but I took a quick look through what I did have - the trading cards refer to them as 'Weyland Yutani Commandos', but Terry English refers to them as 'Storm Troopers' (note that that's two words) in the image below. Having said that crew members often give names to things just so that they have a reference as to what they're referring to.

Out of interest have you watched the movie with the commentary track on? I have but it was a long time ago and I can't remember if these folks were referred to at all.
Attachment:
Cards.jpg
Cards.jpg [ 2.13 MiB | Viewed 59942 times ]

Attachment:
Helmet.jpg
Helmet.jpg [ 547.95 KiB | Viewed 59942 times ]

Harry

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:33 pm 

Thanks for sharing Harry! I just took the time to review the audio track on the bluray and nothing was mentioned. Personally, I am going to call it as follows: Weyland Yutani Commando "Storm Trooper" helmet. Unless someone officially tells me otherwise. :-)

Let me know if you ever have a chance to check the script. I am definitely interested in knowing. Take a look at the production sketch. I would love to know what they named it. You can kind of see the wording on the top right. My goal is to make this thread the ultimate repository on all things related to this cool character!

Harry Harris wrote:
I'm presuming that you're really asking about the whole character name and not just the helmet, which really would be the same thing I suppose.

Anyway a lot of my Alien3 reference material and scripts are in storage at the moment but I took a quick look through what I did have - the trading cards refer to them as 'Weyland Yutani Commandos', but Terry English refers to them as 'Storm Troopers' (note that that's two words) in the image below. Having said that crew members often give names to things just so that they have a reference as to what they're referring to.

Out of interest have you watched the movie with the commentary track on? I have but it was a long time ago and I can't remember if these folks were referred to at all.
Attachment:
The attachment Cards.jpg is no longer available

Attachment:
The attachment Helmet.jpg is no longer available

Harry

image.jpg
image.jpg [ 57.31 KiB | Viewed 59926 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:37 pm 

Another cool find regarding the commando helmet. This one says "Boss". So now we have one that says "Animal" and "Boss". That leaves three commandos left given a total of five are on film.

image.jpg
image.jpg [ 1.24 MiB | Viewed 59924 times ]

image.jpg
image.jpg [ 1.09 MiB | Viewed 59924 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:43 pm 

Here is another one I found on the internet. Enjoy.

image.jpg
image.jpg [ 177.58 KiB | Viewed 59924 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:42 pm 

Also, looks like an off white military face wrap/scarf for some commandos and a balaclava for others. Does anyone know where one can get an off white face wrap/scarf? A link would be appreciated. :-)

image.jpg
image.jpg [ 1.61 MiB | Viewed 59921 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:49 pm 

Just posted a new photo showing the word "boss" written on the back of another commando helmet.
aliensarchive wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:52 pm 

Here are some detail on those canisters you were interested in. Note the little red markings.

BAD wrote:
Hi guys,

Thanks for the great photos! Does anyone know what the canisters on the front of their chests are? My guess is they are smoke grenades. Also, I noticed some of them have what looks like a handgun in a holster in some of the shots.

Thanks

image.jpg
image.jpg [ 1.25 MiB | Viewed 59915 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:26 am 

It's official. I am a proud owner of a Terry English Weyland Yutani Commando Helmet. :-) Here is a pic.

I would appreciate it if these photos were not shared, reused, or reposted anywhere. Thanks all!

IMG_7845.jpg
IMG_7845.jpg [ 1.37 MiB | Viewed 59832 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:48 am 
Prop Churner Outer

Awesome man! What a great piece!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:24 am 

Thanks retro!

Terry's craftsmanship is amazing. The photos don't do enough justice. It's such a solid piece. I collaborated with him in helping him try to source, for example, the goggle components, which as you know are no longer in production. I think I am going to try and create a list on this thread of all the components used to create the weyland yutani commando wardrobe.

Once the 'inventory list' is compiled hopefully members of this forum can provide their expertise and insight.

I probably have said this before, but the members in this forum are a great group of people who have a wealth of information and make this site a great place.

Thanks for the compliments. :-)

retrogarde wrote:
Awesome man! What a great piece!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next