The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: Wardrobe: Alien³ Parkas (part II)
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:29 am 
I'm sure this has been discussed before, but the Ezboard search engine SUCKS!

Does anyone have any reference shots of the Alien 3 parka jackets, please?

Ta.

Post subject: Re: Alien3 Parkas?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:51 am 
Just beating Pug to the punch here, for the last time Pug, I won't do an Andrews costume... now somebody get that foolish bug back to the infirmary!!! :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:22 am 
Ah g'awn! ;)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:36 am 
LOL
Thanks.
Pesky rubbish search engine and my forgetting about the archives!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:38 am 
Ah. No pics of where the W-Y logo(s) goes on 'em, though?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:12 pm 
Gent's, the information in that thread is woefully inaccurate.

The jacket is an N-2B flight jacket (not N-28) .
It's NOT a fishtail parka.
"Fishtail" has nothing whatsoever to do with the hood, it refers to the tail of the coat. It is split like a fishes tail.
In fact the M65 fishtail parka doesn't have a zippered hood and is a full length coat.

See this photo of an M65 fishtail parker:

The N-2B is a waist length flight jacket. The colour is "Sage".
Alpha will sell you a brand new one for mucho bucks.
This is an old jacket design - they've been around for decades so check ebay for a used one. That's where I got mine.
If you aquire one with the fur trim around the hood (as I did), this is easily removed to be screen accurate.

The patches should be affixed as follows:

Circular, Red W-Y 161 patch - worn centrally on the right sleve in a position just above the elbow.

"Serenity Through Confinement" patch - worn on the left breast of the jacket with the centre of the badge being vertically above the top corner of the "slash pocket".

Name and Rank/Office tapes - worn on the right breast of the jacket between the pocket and the (3rd) button immediatly above it with the right hand edge of the tapes approximatly 65mm from the zipper.
The tapes are attached by black velcro which is sewn into the correct position on the jacket. (This can be seen on Ripleys jacket which has no tapes. Only the velcro is visible)

Play with the position of the patches a little to best suit your taste as the jacket will sit slightly differently on people of different builds.

Sorry for the poor focus - I hate automatic cameras!!!

Hope this helps.

For anyone interested in the WY161 uniform trousers/pants...watch this space. I am working on an accurate replica from detailed reference photo's of the original costumes. Once this is complete I will be showing it off here!

G

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:14 pm 
G:

Was the info I posted in the linked thread innacurate?

-Willie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:17 pm 
Well apart from the fact that you put N28 instead of N2B it seemed pretty accurate to me. Certainly the thread gave me enough info to find more than a few of them on Ebay a minute ago.
The fishtail info posted by MAA can be forgiven seeing as how the hood does split down the middle kind of like a fish's tail.

I didn't realise these were so readily available, I may have to invest in one for the coming months.

Cheers Willie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:27 pm 
Agreed, from what I remember the only "inaccuracy" in your information was the simple 2B/28 typo.

It was just that the thread in general was mistakenly heading down the M65 fishtail parka route, which would lead people on a goose chase.

Perhaps the words "woefully innacurate" were a bit extream. My appologies. :)

These jackets do turn up quite often. They are lovely and warm. This will be my 4th or 5th winter that mine has seen me through. On a "mild" day of about 10°C/50°F or there abouts (give or take a few degree's either way) I've been quite happy wearing only a T-Shirt under the jacket while out.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:29 am 
Is there any reason you couldn't go all Expanded Universe and make a Weyland Yutani or Marine Jacket out of it? Im sure I saw an 8" Bugstomper patch somewhere once...

-----------------------

It's the 21st Century and where are the flying cars...?? I was *promised* flying cars...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:30 pm 
They certainly are readily available.
Maybe I need myself a new winter coat.
I would love to find a big bug stomper patch...I had no idea anyone had ever done one.
Scott

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:46 pm 
Patchgeeks.com was selling a 10" Bug Stomper patch this time last year, but they have since sold out.

"How lucky are the few who know where they belong."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:43 pm 
That might be the one I was thinking off.

-----------------------

It's the 21st Century and where are the flying cars...?? I was *promised* flying cars...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]