The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Pulse Rifle Blueprint
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 4:10 am 
Somebody posted this image here a while back in a pulse rifle thread. There are so many threads though, I can't find who the author was. I have made some modifications and skeletonized it and made it black/white only and made it look more of like a blue print. My main reason for doing it is aiding me in construction of my own firing pulse rifle soon. I'd like to share my changes (the blueprint type images) with the author's permission Also, if anybody else has anything else to add (detailed construction drawings and what not, perhaps we could compile them in this thread?

Pulse Rifles
Edited by: [url=http://pub217.ezboard.com/bthealienslegacy.showUserPublicProfile?gid=alien1099>Alien1099[/url] at: 12/12/03 9:16 pm

Post subject: Re: Pulse Rifle Blueprint
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 8:28 am 
Yep, that one is from me :)
I'd love to see your modifications and there's no problem at all if you (or anyone else on the board) uses these for there own PR-projects.
However, it's still a work in progress - so there might still be some errors in it (although I think I stomped most bugs :) ).
One thing that needs to be changed is the front part of the magazine. The vertical line that separates the front portion of the mag housing has to be moved backward by about 6mm (in 1:1-scale) so that it is flush with the bevel of rear of the trigger cutout.

Cheers,
Stefan
Edited by: [url=http://pub217.ezboard.com/bthealienslegacy.showUserPublicProfile?gid=bugstomper>Bug Stomper[/url] at: 12/13/03 1:29 am

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 8:34 am 
It`s a CAD artwork from Bug Stomper, I saw the whole thing in 3D - just amazing !!!

just do it !

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 6:42 pm 
Have you already made that change you were talking about to it? And is there anyway I could get a copy of your CAD work for my personal use in construction of a pulse rifle? I'd have e-mailed you about it but you don't have one listed.

Edited by: [url=http://pub217.ezboard.com/bthealienslegacy.showUserPublicProfile?gid=alien1099>Alien1099[/url] at: 12/13/03 11:48 am

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 10:14 pm 
Sadly my hard disk crashed about a week ago. Luckily, I could save a lot of the stuff and/or have back-ups but it will take some time to get it all running again. :(

Cheers,
Stefan

PS: PM send.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 6:46 am 
cool ! now put some measurements in the blue print !!

....and don`t forget the ARMAT logo :D

just do it !

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]