The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Help modifying and installing real Remington 870
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:51 am 
OK after longer than I’d like to admit I’ve collected most of what I need to build my pulse rifle. I’m using the Tokyo Marui Airsoft Thompson, MIM shroud, DeanO’s vent and stock, Tom’s airsoft adapter, and various parts from Phil including the amazing front grenade block and pump connector. My latest acquisition is a real Remington 870 to accompany my real Spas 12 cage and pump. I’ve done some research and have a good handle on what needs to be done to the cage and pump and have an idea on what needs to be done to the Remington but was wondering if there is any detail information on how to install/connect it to the spas cage. I know it’s a tight fit but I’m sure it has to be connected some how. Now I know there are others that have already done this and I’ve already spent a lot of time reviewing Phil’s site and tk560’s but I still think I’m missing something. So I was wondering if anyone could lend some insight on getting this right and ovoid potential pitfall. Or if there are other sites I could check out for additional information. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Brian

Post subject: Re: Help modifying and installing real Remington 870
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:30 am 
Hello there.

I have put a airsoft M870 inside a real S.P.A.S 12 cage and it cycles and work 100%.

I have done a thread on it on the Sc-fi board if you want a look.

i found out that it will fit without cutting outer body of the M870. Just make sure the S.P.A.S cade is burr free and all sharp edge have been remove and make a lead into the S.P.A.S cage. This will than slide in and not rub and scatch.

The S.P.A.S cage in three holes drilled into the front for the Phil S block.

The M870 barrle and cocking tube need to be made smaller but left more on as you can getting shorter but you can not put it back on!!!!!

The first thing I did have make a referance point all with all my measurances was back on. I made up two bolts that screwed on the pin that goes through the M870 shot and this line up and fit inside the 6mm slot in the S.P.A.S cage.

If you want measurance of any thing please ask, as I am doing some Autocad work on all the bits that need mod'ing to make a PR.

Also I made up parts that lock and hold the S.P.A.S cage to the M1A1. ALso as many people have got the G&P PR when you use Phil S front triangle you lose the counter. I have made up a block that hold this trangle and this block also holes the front barrle to the barrle bit of the M1A1.

The G&P barrle is to big a diameter to fit Phil S trangle. The G&P is 19.5mm and Phil S is 14.5mm. Put the Aluminium tube can be turn down on lathe.

The M870 barrle and shell tube I also parted to length on a lathe as this keeps the ends nice and square.

The ranking arms MUST be cut to the right length. Cut to long and it will hit Phil S front grenade block and the S.P.A.S grip will be too forwards. To short and the S.P.A.S grip will block the eject slot.

There are photos on the Sc-fi board.

If you or anyone need helps please PM.

Cheer's DATA

Post subject: Re: Help modifying and installing real Remington 870
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:35 am 
<--- is watching this thread with keen interest. This is the next step in the construction of my personal PR. Brian, you and I are looking at the same challenges. :)
Tom
[img]http://www.m41a.com/z_temporary/octsig.jpg[/img]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]