The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 280 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Colonial Marines Dinners at DCon (fees pg 9)
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:30 pm 
Duke Bronson

Marines, as per a few conversations have had with some of our brethren... our official dinner engagements will be as follows:

Friday-
21:00 Hard Rock Cafe 215 Peachtree St. NE

Saturday-
20:30 Max Lager's 320 Peachtree St. NE

Sunday-
21:00 Hard Rock Cafe 215 Peachtree St. NE

I will therefore ask who will be at what event so that I may have a general idea for reservation requirements... we may be a large group, so we have to think ahead. I will take care of these reservations and they will be done under the name of "Colonial Marines".

So please copy & paste yourself in with what dinners you will attend please (what force you belong to is also appreciated):

1) Dom Beaudoin (UACM) = Hard Rock Fri (Yes), Max Lager's Sat (Yes), Hard Rock Sat (Yes)
2)
3)
4)
etc...

Last edited by SGM Baldwin on Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:31 pm 
Diplomatic Immunity

Service Number: A09/TQ2.0.13371E1
Since we're discussing dinner arrangements, best I ask the question now.

We're going to have like, 40+ people this year. Our contingent is getting a bit large. Everyone remember the trouble we had at Max Lagers etc last year because of our party sizes? Are these places going to be able to cope with over 40 people?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:52 pm 
"Smart"-Ass

Service Number: A01/TQ2.0.72156E1
I'm sure Hard Rock can... with Max Lagers I would suggest we make sure to be very clear with them beforehand about the size of our group, and be very clear with everyone in our group to bring CASH since Max Lagers isn't going to split the check! :lol:

1) Dom Beaudoin (UACM) = Hard Rock Fri (Yes), Max Lager's Sat (Yes), Hard Rock Sun (Yes)
2) Sean Maio (USCM) - Hard Rock Fri (tentative yes), Max Lager's Sat (yes), Hard Rock Sun (tentative no)

M-56 Smartgun Operator, A/3Btn, II CMEF, USS Sephora

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:52 pm 
Dresser of Nerds

Well, you can count my crew out of the reservations.

As much as we do love you all (but not in a dirty way), we come to DragonCon to see DragonCon. I can see the inside of a Hard Rock Cafe any day of the week. But DragonCon and all the craziness that goes on there only happens once a year. To purposefully leave the event to spend hours and hours at a restaurant just seems insane to me.

Personally, I'd rather eat crappy Hyatt Bar Hamburgers and drink with you all AT the convention, seeing all the half naked chicks and partying with all the con folk, rather than being blocks away from the show spending good money on food that's going to get in the way of my buzz, and that we're just going to puke up later anyway.

It's nice that you're going a bit early, but with that many people, on a busy restaurant night, in Downtown Atlanta, you're going to be there for hours (most likely until after 10, 11, maybe even midnight) and miss all the fun stuff at the Con bars, as well as all the invites to the room parties.

So, again, I feel bad ditching you guys, but I wait all year to go to DragonCon, and I plan to spend as much time in the heart of it as I can.

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:07 pm 
Duke Bronson

Guys, I'm very aware of the logistical problems that our large group will cause... I'm on top of it! :) This is why I need to know numbers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:01 pm 
Lucky Number 13

1) Dom Beaudoin (UACM) = Hard Rock Fri (Yes), Max Lager's Sat (Yes), Hard Rock Sun (Yes)
2) Sean Maio (USCM) - Hard Rock Fri (tentative yes), Max Lager's Sat (yes), Hard Rock Sun (tentative no)
3) Scott Spence (UACM) = Hard Rock Fri (Yes), Max Lager's Sat (Yes), Hard Rock Sun (No)
4) Nancy Van (UACM) - Hard Rock Fri (Yes), Max Lager's Sat (Yes), Hard Rock Sun (No)

A10/TQ2.0.42142E1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:01 am 
Ultimate Badass.

Service Number: A09/TQ1.0.12141E1
if i knew how to copy and paste i would put my wife and I in for friday and saturday night

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:56 am 
Duke Bronson

3) Scott Spence (UACM) = Hard Rock Fri (Yes), Max Lager's Sat (Yes), Hard Rock Sun (No)
4) Nancy Van (UACM) - Hard Rock Fri (Yes), Max Lager's Sat (Yes), Hard Rock Sun (No)
5) TJ Potter (USCM) - Hard Rock Fri (Yes), Max Lager's Sat (Yes), Hard Rock Sun (No)
6) Mrs. TJ Potter (USCM) - Hard Rock Fri (Yes), Max Lager's Sat (Yes), Hard Rock Sun (No)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:00 am 
You there! Get me a Turkey!

Service Number: A03/TQ1.0.62157E1
5) TJ Potter (USCM) - Hard Rock Fri (Yes), Max Lager's Sat (Yes), Hard Rock Sun (No)
6) Mrs. TJ Potter (USCM) - Hard Rock Fri (Yes), Max Lager's Sat (Yes), Hard Rock Sun (No)
7) Tony Leach USCM) - Hard Rock Fri (Yes), Max Lager's Sat (Yes), Hard Rock Sun (Yes)
8) Cherie Leach USCM) - Hard Rock Fri (Yes), Max Lager's Sat (Yes), Hard Rock Sun (Yes)

I must point out that the last 3 years I've tried to book the Hard Rock....they won't take reservations.
But to be honest......I'm not 100% about how they did last year.
Max Lagers on the other hand did take reservations.
Anything I can do to help Dom, please just let me know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:53 am 
He's just a grunt...

Service Number: A04/TQ1.0.62147E1
7) Tony Leach USCM) - Hard Rock Fri (Yes), Max Lager's Sat (Yes), Hard Rock Sun (Yes)
8 )Cherie Leach USCM) - Hard Rock Fri (Yes), Max Lager's Sat (Yes), Hard Rock Sun (Yes)
9) Derek (USCM) = Hard Rock Fri (Yes), Max Lager's Sat (Yes), Hard Rock Sun (Yes)

Derek

RIP Pvt. Chris Chulamanis A14/TQ4.0.66993E7 You are missed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:37 am 
Duke Bronson

CplTony wrote:
the Hard Rock....they won't take reservations.
When I called them today, they referred me to this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:42 am 

sharpuscm wrote:
CplTony wrote:
the Hard Rock....they won't take reservations.
When I called them today, they referred me to this.

That's one thing I never saw - SWEET! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:17 pm 
USCM Ambassador

Service Number: AO2/TQ1.0.1233E1
8 )Cherie Leach USCM) - Hard Rock Fri (Yes), Max Lager's Sat (Yes), Hard Rock Sun (Yes)
9) Derek (USCM) = Hard Rock Fri (Yes), Max Lager's Sat (Yes), Hard Rock Sun (Yes)

10) Rex (USCM) - Hard Rock Fri (90% Yes) Max Lager's Sat. (Yes) Hard Rock Sun (Yes)

I too am very aware of restaurant serving / wait times. Who can forget the debacle at Hooters? I hate spending hours and hours in a restaurant. I don't go to the TDH dinner anymore because it took tooooooo long. But, in the past, the Colonial Marines have got in and out in a more than acceptable time frame at Hard Rock Cafe.
The laughter shared, the camadarie shared was by far worth it!

USCM- The Colonial Marines- A Brotherhood of Bad Asses!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:05 pm 
Duke Bronson

Hollis DZC wrote:
The laughter shared, the camadarie shared was by far worth it!
HooRAH. Yes, the whole fraternal aspect of it, the great camaraderie and the sheer lunacy of it all makes it something to not miss, well said Rex. I'll put you down as a Yes for now, but if you need to back out for Friday, just change it later, OK?

10) Rex (USCM) - Hard Rock Fri (Yes) Max Lager's Sat. (Yes) Hard Rock Sun (Yes)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:38 pm 
Department of Homeland Security

Service Number: A10/TQ1.0.92142E1
Count me and at least two other B/3-7 marines in for at least one night.

11) Jay daSilva (Chryse) (USCM) - Hard Rock Fri (Yes) Max Lager's Sat. (Tentative) Hard Rock Sun (No)
12) Rob Slater (Tarim-Rex) (USCM) - Hard Rock Fri (Yes) Max Lager's Sat. (Tentative) Hard Rock Sun (No)
13) Lottie Slater (Hellkat) (USCM) - Hard Rock Fri (Yes) Max Lager's Sat. (Tentative) Hard Rock Sun (No)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:56 pm 
Lifer

As much as it pains me to say it- I agree with Spat. I enjoy hanging out and the camaraderie, but can't stand the amount of time actually spent at the restaurant.

Especially when there are disputes about the bill. :wink:

Tony what didn't you like about Hard Rock last year? It might not be First Class service but it's better than Hooters (never again for that noise). Can't comment on Max Lagers as I wasn't there.

Spat's exaggerating about the amount of time spent at the restaurant (perhaps unknowingly)- if we get there at 7pm- we aren't going to be leaving at midnight... that's 5 HOURS.

Speaking about the 7pm time- I just checked the D-Con website about the fan tables- they are open until 8pm now. This is the latest time by far- I think last year it was 7 or even 6pm (personally I think 8pm is a little late). It is mandatory that the tables be manned at all times from start to finish (10am to 8pm). We have been warned once in the past about leaving the fan table unmanned.

Not trying to throw a monkeywrench in the plan- just giving a heads up.

For me I'll be there Friday night, and most likely Sunday.

11) Jay (USCM) - Hard Rock Fri (Yes) Max Lager's Sat. (Tentative) Hard Rock Sun (No)
12) Rob Slater (Tarim-Rex) (USCM) - Hard Rock Fri (Yes) Max Lager's Sat. (Tentative) Hard Rock Sun (No)
13) Lottie Slater (Hellkat) (USCM) - Hard Rock Fri (Yes) Max Lager's Sat. (Tentative) Hard Rock Sun (No)
14) Kevin (USCM) - Hard Rock Fri (yes) Max Lager's Sat (no) Hard Rock Sun (probably- 90% sure)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:01 pm 
Department of Homeland Security

Service Number: A10/TQ1.0.92142E1
Adding two more from B/3-7.

11) Jay (USCM) - Hard Rock Fri (Yes) Max Lager's Sat. (Tentative) Hard Rock Sun (No)
14) Kevin (USCM) - Hard Rock Fri (yes) Max Lager's Sat (no) Hard Rock Sun (probably- 90% sure)
15) Sean Camp + 1 (USCM) - Hard Rock Fri (Yes) Max Lager's Sat. (Tentative) Hard Rock Sun (No)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:25 pm 
Dresser of Nerds

Why does it pain you to agree with me, Kev? Is it so scary to think that I may be right about something?

It's not that I'm against the dinner, but 3 of them? In one weekend? I think if it was one dinner, I would probably go, and I may just hold out and see which night has the most people going and I may jump in. But with so many people going on all the different nights, it means that unless you go every night, you don't get to see everyone.

Though Friday night is the ConSlut party, so can't be at that one, and Sunday night is the Jr. Spattle and all the big costume craziness, so really Saturday is the only "normal" night that would be possible. But even then, I would want to be back at the con pretty early to get my space at the bar and plan the night's parties.

And I don't see how it's possible for 40 people to go to dinner and finish in under 3 hours. 4 is more likely, and 5 is surely a possibility. I've gone to dinner with 10 good friends and stayed there for 6 hours easily. If you're not planning to stay there and really enjoy yourselves, then what's the point? Dinner with friends should last long. If you're not going to stay late, you may as well hit McDonald's and head back to the con. Or, you may as well camp in the Hyatt bar, order some pizza's and drink and ogle and eat and have a great time all night, still get to hang out together, and it saves you a lot of money, and you don't miss the convention.

So sayeth I.

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:42 pm 
Lifer

Spatman wrote:
Why does it pain you to agree with me, Kev? Is it so scary to think that I may be right about something?

No. It is because you are my Arch Nemesis. :wink: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:51 pm 
Dresser of Nerds

OH, IT'S ON!!!

You just teased the Tauntaun, in a manner of speaking. DragonCon is go time for me and you.

But if you get there before me, feel free to start without me. Just remember, I fight dirty. Be sure to kick yourself a lot.

:)

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:47 am 

Quote:
Tony what didn't you like about Hard Rock last year? It might not be First Class service but it's better than Hooters (never again for that noise). Can't comment on Max Lagers as I wasn't there.

Oh no Kev. I enjoy the Hard Rock. Just everytime I've tried to call and make reservations.....no luck.
However it's always been hours or a day or two before....never like this. I've always enjoyed going there though.
I've always tried to head up 30-45 minutes before everyone else to get a table.

Hooters.....no comment :evil:
Max Lagers.....same great time, but always less people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:49 pm 
Diddly Dum... Diddly Dum... OooweeeOoooo!

Service Number: A72/TQ6.6.95356E8
Quote:
You just teased the Tauntaun, in a manner of speaking. DragonCon is go time for me and you.

Now, Just remember what happened when you called Terry English out! :lol:

"I plan to live forever.........or die trying!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:22 pm 
Duke Bronson

SSgt Burton wrote:
I just checked the D-Con website about the fan tables- they are open until 8pm now.
Holy shi** thanks for the scoop... I'll modify that.

CplTony wrote:
Just everytime I've tried to call (the Hard Rock and make reservations.....no luck.... it's always been hours or a day or two before....never like this.
Which is why I think I may be able to pull it off this year with the corporate reservations. Can you say "Colonial Marines International Inc?" :lol:

BTW, just before you get interested in continuing the diatribe of how you should just go eat at McDonald's or some other garbage food you can stuff down your gullet just so that you can just go throw yourself quickly back into the fray, please go start another thread, I'm sure you'll pick up a few interested people.

This thread is for marines like me who prize friendship and camaraderie over the external advantages of alcoholism and T&A. I go to DCon to see my brothers... everything else comes second.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:28 pm 
Too Pretty to Die

15) Sean Camp + 1 (USCM) - Hard Rock Fri (Yes) Max Lager's Sat. (Tentative) Hard Rock Sun (No)
16) John Humphlett (USCM) - Hard Rock Fri (Yes), Max Lager's Sat. (Yes), Hard Rock Sun (Tentative)

And where I go, Profiler is sure to go too.

And while I do prize friendship and camraderie, there is something to be said for Alchol (I'm really only a con drinker) and T&A. I think we need to do a major "babe" recruiting drive so we can have the camraderie and boobage at the same time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:31 pm 
Duke Bronson

Don't get me wrong... I love T&A as much as the next man, hell I'm sure you've seen my pics... but to me DCon is about getting together with marines and enjoying the fellowship that it brings. I was never in a hurry ti "get back" when I sat at dinner tables with you guys... because I was already "there".

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 280 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next