The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: How to Start A New Ship/Battalion? (Northeast)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:42 pm 

Service Number: A03/TQ1.0.52160G1
This question has been nagging at me for a little while, and I wasn't sure how to ask it until now, so I may as well be upfront and ask how does one go about starting a new ship, or joining one if it already exists?

I live in upstate New York. It's pretty barren, and I don't know anyone up here who's into Aliens. My boyfriend lives in Pennsylvania, which got me thinking about potentially starting a ship/battalion to encompass the NY-PA area, or NY-PA-NJ, etc. There's just the two of us, which is not enough for a ship if I'm remembering the requirements here correctly.

So I guess my questions are:
- Is there already a ship for the northeast area?
- Do I have to get a full costume together before being able to join?
- If there isn't a ship, how do I start one?
- How do I garner interest in my area for it?

Post subject: Re: How to Start A New Ship/Battalion? (Northeast)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:47 pm 
Expendable

Service Number: A05/TQ0.0.52155E1
all the directions to starting a battalion are in the Charter. as of right now, there is no N-E battalion.

from the charter...

"Battalions will be formed when a geographical location has more than 5 active members or at the discretion of Colonial Administration. All Battalions must have a CO, XO. (See section 6 - administration for definitions and duties) Battalion officers shall be voted in or appointed by battalion members as they see fit. Each ship is required to attend 2 events per calendar year. "

and as far as membership

"3 - Membership requirements

The Aliens Legacy is an inclusive, equal-opportunity, non-discriminatory club. Membership is open to
1. persons 18 years or older
2.All members must register an account on the official webforum.
3.Members must apply for a serial number from the registrar of the Colonial Marines."

since we are also a prop club, owning a costume is not mandatory, but encouraged. :wink:

my suggestion would be what the folks in the south are doing, make a post on the forum and see who is in for forming a battalion. Once you got your region and members figured out, talk to USCM/ Colonial Admin for approval